Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

On 11/11/2021 at 7:04 PM, HuntingFever said:

If unranked matches are still going to be possible, does that mean only some of the 6 online trophies will be rendered unobtainable?

Potentially. However, reading the entry for this here left me with doubts about what were they actually shutting down? Anyway, if anybody needs this info there it is. There's still less than a year to finish the game, until August 24th. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The tweet says Dec 10 but the official support site says Dec 15 so which is correct?

I'd assume December 15th, but I'll put it on 10th.

Does anybody know if the GER version servers are still up? Most recent online trophy there (from the obtainable ones) was on the beginning of 2020.

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS3/PS4) will be losing the online pawn rental system on January 31, 2022. Not sure how much this will affect the Platinums for PS3 and PS4 versions since in game pawn rental will still work. Anyone who has played the game - are there any actual trophies that would be affected by this?

Thank you for your continued support of Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY.

We would like to inform you that Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY Service will be terminated on January 31, 2022. We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your patronage.

Discontinued Service
"Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY"
https://game.capcom.com/dragonsdogma/

Service End Date
January 31, 2022 (Monday) 15:00

Impact on user due to service termination
After 3:00 p.m. (JST) on Monday, January 31, 2022, Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY will be discontinued and the site will be closed, and all Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY content will no longer be accessible.
* Although the functions of "Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY" will be discontinued, this termination will not make any impact on the in-game functions such as Pawn rental.
If you want to save screenshots, please do so before the termination of the service, as they will be deleted after the termination of the service.

Handling of Personal Information
All registered personal information will be responsibly deleted after the service is terminated in accordance with the privacy policy of Capcom Co., Ltd.

Contact regarding this Notice
CAPCOM ID Support
URL:https://cid.capcom.com/en/support/inquiry/input/

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS3/PS4) will be losing the online pawn rental system on January 31, 2022. Not sure how much this will affect the Platinums for PS3 and PS4 versions since in game pawn rental will still work. Anyone who has played the game - are there any actual trophies that would be affected by this?

There are no online trophies in either game but having a high level rented pawn from a friend, makes the game sooooooooooooooooo much easier.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There are no online trophies in either game but having a high level rented pawn from a friend, makes the game sooooooooooooooooo much easier.

Do you know if this line from the anouncement:
"* Although the functions of "Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY" will be discontinued, this termination will not make any impact on the in-game functions such as Pawn rental."

Does it mean that you'll still be able to rent pawns from friends?

I guess as only the "Pawn Community" is closing, you won't be able to upload new pawns and perhaps uploaded ones are still available? (Dunno how the game works)

Just now, EdinhoN said:

Do you know if this line from the anouncement:
"* Although the functions of "Dragon's Dogma: PAWN COMMUNITY" will be discontinued, this termination will not make any impact on the in-game functions such as Pawn rental."

Does it mean that you'll still be able to rent pawns from friends?

I guess as only the "Pawn Community" is closing, you won't be able to upload new pawns and perhaps uploaded ones are still available? (Dunno how the game works)

The game provides a load of generic Pawns to rent that aren't affected by the server closure but they're pretty crap to be honest and nowhere near as good as the high level custom ones you can rent from your friends. Once the servers close, you won't be able to rent custom pawns from your friends or upload your own for others to use.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The game provides a load of generic Pawns to rent that aren't affected by the server closure but they're pretty crap to be honest and nowhere near as good as the high level custom ones you can rent from your friends. Once the servers close, you won't be able to rent custom pawns from your friends or upload your own for others to use.

So I guess it's a similar situation to Grand Kingdom, where the online rentals make the game MUCH quicker and easier.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Apologies for the double post @EdinhoN but it turns out that the Dragon's Dogma server closure is purely for a Screenshot sharing website, not the in-game Pawn rental tab so nothing will change in-game come Jan 31st.

My bad on that. I read over it and it lead me to believe it was in game pawn rental, not screenshots.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Desavenencia said:

Sorry, but I’m a little confused... Someone clarify it for me, please.

So that website service shutdown won't affect the in-game pawn rental component in any way, right?

Correct. The website is just for sharing screenshots and talking to other fans of the series - its closure will have no impact on the game itself. According a friend of mine, the site has been on the decline for years and virtually no-one uses it anymore, which is why Capcom are shutting it down.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Not an official server reopening, but could someone please test if they brought back the game updates as well? https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fans-bring-ps3s-motorstorm-online-mode-back-to-life/

I have a question concerning this type of games and the "resurrection" of their MP mode: ¿This allows you to win trophies playing the multiplayer mode or no? I already assume that doing this gets you banned in the leaderboards of sites like this.

1 hour ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

I have a question concerning this type of games and the "resurrection" of their MP mode: ¿This allows you to win trophies playing the multiplayer mode or no? I already assume that doing this gets you banned in the leaderboards of sites like this.

That game has no trophies anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

it seems that the re-opened servers includes SOCOM: Confrontation, Killzone 2, Twisted Metal: Black (no online trophies) and WarHawk, alongside MotorStorm (no trophies at all).

...and they are all prohibited by the CRT (flaggeable) for trophy purpose.

Edit: I know you are informing about the possibility of playing these games in third party so that the thread can be updated by OP, I am just warning people who do not know about this site's position on collecting trophies on these servers ?

Edited by kevao97

21 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

it seems that the re-opened servers includes SOCOM: Confrontation, Killzone 2, Twisted Metal: Black (no online trophies) and WarHawk, alongside MotorStorm (no trophies at all).

Wasn't Warhawk reopened by the same guys ages ago? The gaming news outlets seem to be quite confused.

TMB:O was reopened during the XLink Kai heydays.

Edited by Lance_87