Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

6 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

While the Motorstorm game has no trophies. I highly recommend against using this route even for casual play. As Kevao mentioned these servers for any with games that have trophies are a banned method. As the servers made by this team are closed source and require "membership". Previously this membership in a couple of the Alpha testing servers required sharing your PSN details. Even now they can still log and ban members through the server.

To do this even for non-trophy hunting multiplayer I would avoid it personally. The information you can be potentially exposing could compromise your account or other parts of your network security.

Yes, you are correct. they are able to manually ban you from the server and have access to your profile information. I would really like to get platinum for Warhawk, Starhawk and even Killzone 2, but you have to wonder if it's really worth it all in all.

9 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

While the Motorstorm game has no trophies. I highly recommend against using this route even for casual play. As Kevao mentioned these servers for any with games that have trophies are a banned method. As the servers made by this team are closed source and require "membership". Previously this membership in a couple of the Alpha testing servers required sharing your PSN details. Even now they can still log and ban members through the server.

To do this even for non-trophy hunting multiplayer I would avoid it personally. The information you can be potentially exposing could compromise your account or other parts of your network security.

I don't doubt what you are saying and I don't have a dog in the fight, but could you provide proof that membership in their alpha testing servers require sharing your PSN details or an example of someone that joined their servers ended up with a compromised account? What you are saying is a pretty loaded accusation and I would go as far as to say is fear mongering. If it's something like "they know your PSN ID name," well this site does too. If you're talking about the actual login/password and they were asking people for that before they could join, that's a different story.

Honestly, this site has an equal risk of exposing your account and your network security too; pretty much every website or server where you login to it runs that risk.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 6:44 AM, POEman553 said:

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (PS3/PS4) will be losing the online pawn rental system on January 31, 2022. Not sure how much this will affect the Platinums for PS3 and PS4 versions since in game pawn rental will still work. Anyone who has played the game - are there any actual trophies that would be affected by this?

Noooooooo!!! Better get that trophy for recruiting pawns done soon on both versions so you’ll recruit your online friends pawn and keep them once the servers are offline. Plus, the Ur-dragon will be stupid easy to farm once it’s offline (and yes I know you can disconnect from the servers to farm). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Snip.

It's hard to find the older posts due to the popularity of search engines loading more recent results and edits. But early on in the private testing stages before it was needed to only use the DNS settings to connect. They required those members to join a private discord and where you had to had to share info to get access. This was used to track members and allow them to ban of course people who abused it. I remember it being this way for Socom at least which I was following pretty heavily before being a fan of the series.

While it is one group now, they are made up of various individuals that each have their own games they are working on and thus may have had different requirements for accessing their servers. 

https://psone.online/legal

The above link is an old legal spill (that website of theirs isn't updated regularly as they share alot of stuff through Reddit mostly). But one AmA they did on their mentions about them making it closed source as they do log and store private information from users that joins their servers and it's too limit the risk of it being stolen. The flipside of course is there is no guarantee that one of their admins might not do this. While some of the sample private info above is standard for most sites. There is two concerning points where the primary security issues are raised in this.

The first primary security issue is that for their assistance of course in banning members breaking their rules I imagine they log the PSID. The PSID is a unique identifier used depending on the game to acknowledge which saves are yours or to ban you from servers but early on it was used to identify each unique console. The big thing with this is that this is sensitive data one wouldn't normally have access to. And them having access to it and storing it also means it's at risk of being stolen. So what may happen if it's stolen? If it's stolen someone could use it to try and unban a banned console. The primary issue with this being when that console then again gets banned by Sony they will log that PSID putting your own console then at risk of getting banned as well next time you jump online. This is something that sadly does and can happen.

The second issue is something else that has to do with logging but in a different way. Basically in order to reverse engineer and and get assistance in making the servers better. They capture packets themselves and ask for submission of captured packets from anyone that can provide them (typically the ones they ask for are old ones from when the servers were originally live). Now why is this an issue? Well this one is a bit complicated you see no matter where you go or connect to any website/server and your own console/PC will send and receive packets telling various information. Where it gets complicated is that some of this information can include sensitive information that was capture at that time depending how far the capture goes including potential log in credentials and that is where the potential flag comes from this comes from.

In the end while yes I will agree most sites or servers will store some form of personal information. It's generally only what's needed at the bare minimum for those sites and unlike a company like Sony that could be held responsible if it was leaked or hacked. It would be harder to have an individualized group like this be culpable if something happened. Even then nowadays usually third parties will not have access to your first party information directly, generally you would be redirected to that first party to log in or to link that third party instead so your private info is still safe. (An example for this being redirected to Activision's website to login there from Twitch Prime in order to access your free in-game items in Call of Duty.)

Edit: Included my response in the spoiler as to not overload the thread with text. Also this will probably be my only reply on this as to not derail the thread anymore. I just wanted to originally warn other members in short there is risks to using private servers.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

Looks like the Freedom Wars (Vita) servers are going offline on Christmas Eve this year.

PST's trophy guides say there are three online trophies and that they cannot be obtained via Ad hoc: Fashion Accessory, Antisocial Networking and Constant Comrade. Edit: Seems this is false information but I imagine most people don't have two Vitae anyway.

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

I edited the post with the affected trophies. I think Special Operations is online dependent so it should be affected too.

I'm not sure about that. I was able to access special operations when the servers were down briefly earlier this year, but I'll confirm.

EDIT: Was able to access special operations in Window on Liberty menu and able to start the operation with my Wifi turned off.  Although the trophy would be a tad easier with online co-op play however.

Edited by POEman553

29 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Looks like the Freedom Wars (Vita) servers are going offline on Christmas Eve this year.

PST's trophy guides say there are three online trophies and that they cannot be obtained via Ad hoc: Fashion Accessory, Antisocial Networking and Constant Comrade. 

I just updated that to confirm they can be done in Ad-Hoc mode :).

6 minutes ago, StarWolf3000 said:

Soul Sacrifice Delta's online services will also be terminated on December 24 2021:

https://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/online/vcjs15009.html

https://twitter.com/PlaneteVITA/status/1464267987536560128

Thankfully, the two online trophies can be done in ad hoc mode, but I'm curious if the game is easier if done in online.

41 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I just updated that to confirm they can be done in Ad-Hoc mode :).

Everything can be done in Adhoc? Even sending rep sheet to another player?

So, can someone confirm Freedom Wars will remain 100% achievable after the shutdown?

10 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlaneteVITA/status/1464273783783665671

Apparently ORESHIKA: TAINTED BLOODLINES will also shut down its servers. Although there appear to be no related trophies according to the guide.

Can someone please confirm all trophies can be obtained offline?

Edited by Deceptrox

44 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

Can someone confirm all trophies can be obtained offline please?

Downloading to confirm that the game doesn't require access to a server to actually play. Will update once I confirm the game is accessible with WiFi off.

EDIT: Game is able to load and start with the Wifi turned off. I would presume that the Platinum is obtainable based on this and based on the guide, but I would caution if certain trophies that I'm not aware of require online.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Everything can be done in Adhoc? Even sending rep sheet to another player?

So, can someone confirm Freedom Wars will remain 100% achievable after the shutdown?

It was confirmed a while back that everything can be done in ad-hoc mode :). Also, both Soul Sacrifice games can be done in ad-hoc mode as well so are unlikely to be affected that much by the shutdown.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Which trophies are you referencing?

Every trophy that's related to slayer points like recording 2000. Key word that worries me is recording. As for vanilla soul sacrifice I recently got the platinum and I did everything offline for anyone worried.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

Every trophy that's related to slayer points like recording 2000. Key word that worries me is recording. As for vanilla soul sacrifice I recently got the platinum and I did everything offline for anyone worried.

I don't have Soul Sacrifice Delta downloaded/installed and I'm not ready to start on it yet, but if you have it and it's disconnected from Wifi, let me know if the slayer points record correctly. I would think so but I will confirm this too.

Ugh, I guess I'll be doing grindy Vita plats next....