Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The glitches that happened were in relation to an excessively large friendlist. Deleting/removing friends solved this issue easily. The only thing I've heard of trophy glitches was those with 1000+ friends. Myself I had close to 500 friends on PSN before when starting never had any glitch trophies (a couple slow pops though) but more common was long loads, matchmaking times and freezing in matches. Which was all corrected when I deleted friends from list and made it to under 150 in size.

What's weird for me is my PS5 would load the matches faster on my main account while my PS4 took 10+ minutes to just to load a match.

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The glitches that happened were in relation to an excessively large friendlist. Deleting/removing friends solved this issue easily. The only thing I've heard of trophy glitches was those with 1000+ friends. Myself I had close to 500 friends on PSN before when starting never had any glitch trophies (a couple slow pops though) but more common was long loads, matchmaking times and freezing in matches. Which was all corrected when I deleted friends from list and made it to under 150 in size.

Aw I didn't know that, I only have 37 friends so I would have been fine playing it then :( oh well

this problem in the number of friends is something recurrent in many games, it's very bad having to limit yourself to having few friends added for this reason... why do so many games have this problem?

18 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

this problem in the number of friends is something recurrent in many games, it's very bad having to limit yourself to having few friends added for this reason... why do so many games have this problem?

Because at the time the games were programmed, the psn friends list had a limit of 100 at the time. Now with the limit being over 2,000 it screws with the games

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Because at the time the games were programmed, the psn friends list had a limit of 100 at the time. Now with the limit being over 2,000 it screws with the games

8000 is the limit I believe, and I thought about that possibility - however, it seems to me that newer games also suffer from this problem.

11 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

8000 is the limit I believe, and I thought about that possibility - however, it seems to me that newer games also suffer from this problem.

Can't find any info it's been upped since the 2,000 increase

https://www.vg247.com/sony-has-increased-the-friend-limit-on-psn-to-2000-ahead-of-playstation-4s-launch-next-week

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Hi. Just wanted to thank all the people contributing to threads like this, so i don't have to suffer another Hitman: Absoulution on Scott Pilgrim.

P.S. Wanted to play Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice for years. I'm glad i could finally check them out. 

What do you mean by Scott Pilgrim? Servers are still available for it (I think they are P2P anyways).

12 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

What do you mean by Scott Pilgrim? Servers are still available for it (I think they are P2P anyways).

Can't buy dlc in PS3 version anymore because it was delisted when i didn't care about complections and no sane player in the world will lent me his account to play it. Game is unobtainable for a long time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, POEman553 said:

What's weird for me is my PS5 would load the matches faster on my main account while my PS4 took 10+ minutes to just to load a match.

I had no problems myself loading in quick except for the start with the whole friends list glitch. But I'm also running a Samsung 870 Evo in a PS4 Pro.

Most stock PS4 drives were 5400rpm so even by standard harddrives they were slower.

2 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

2 hours ago, kevao97 said:

I believe that new limit is only for the follow function they added and not actually friends. Since anyone can become a follower without request.

15 hours ago, shaunnn191 said:

Skate 2 might be up until the 15th of December. I have had 2 different EA staff quote this date and not the formally announced December 10th.  I was spamming them as I couldn't connect to EA Nation.

Edit: I just realised the 15th is the quoted date on the official EA list so staff are probably just repeating those dates.

I can also confirm the online ranking trophies will Autpop on the German version if you already have already earned them on the worldwide release

Which online trophies not auto pop if you already have 100% on worldwide release?

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's gone from there as well :(.

1 hour ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Really? PSPrices still shows the game on Hong Kong store for ps3 and ps4. I guess it's outdated then...

Did you check from your consoles and not from 3rd party sites?

I just checked my Hong Kong Alt, while the page is active in the store the button to buy the game is completely removed. Most likely where the confusion is, as typically game pages are removed when a game is delisted but wasn't in this case. Probably why PSPrices still shows it as available as they only link to game pages themselves but that alone isn't enough to stay it's purchaseable.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I just checked my Hong Kong Alt, while the page is active in the store the button to buy the game is completely removed. Most likely where the confusion is, as typically game pages are removed when a game is delisted but wasn't in this case. Probably why PSPrices still shows it as available as they only link to game pages themselves but that alone isn't enough to stay it's purchasable.

This^

The store entry is there but the buy button has been removed so the game can't be bought :(.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Dunno if it’s a temp thing or not but Mass Effect andromeda is offline and won’t connect to servers as of 21:08 13/12/21

Companion app also offline 

Confirmed that it's down on multiple accounts. Hopefully this is temporary. Not seeing anything on Twitter about a shutdown.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Dunno if it’s a temp thing or not but Mass Effect andromeda is offline and won’t connect to servers as of 21:08 13/12/21

Companion app also offline 

Are there trophies tied to an online mode in Mass Effect Andromeda?

If so this game went up in my priority list, hope i can still get the trophies.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Are there trophies tied to an online mode in Mass Effect Andromeda?

If so this game went up in my priority list, hope i can still get the trophies.

Important question, I haven't started any Mass Effects yet.