Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

This might actually be only for the Japanese PC Servers, unless we get hard confirmation. The console servers are under Gameforge supposedly, PC Japanese Servers should be under a subsidiary of Neowiz.

It's really confusing but basically when EnMasse shutdown as pub in 2020 alot of the licenses were split more or already split. While the main dev Bluehole/Krafton managed to get most of the licenses some were resold to other companies. Gameforge currently should own for PC Version NA, EU, and SEA Servers. They also should have all Console Servers. Bluehole/Krafton should have their own KOR PC Servers. Neowiz should have only Japan PC Servers.

Interesting observation. But regardless this warning opened my eyes, I've been wanting to start this game for a while, in February without fail I will start, I researched and it is possible to solo most trophies and an estimate of 50 hours, sounds great to me.

6 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Interesting observation. But regardless this warning opened my eyes, I've been wanting to start this game for a while, in February without fail I will start, I researched and it is possible to solo most trophies and an estimate of 50 hours, sounds great to me.

https://massivelyop.com/2022/01/19/tera-is-apparently-sunsetting-its-japanese-servers-in-april/

Not really an observation but stating that the console version is completely separate from the Japanese PC Servers which are shutting down. Apparently by the above article their run by Krafton directly still.

No risk of shutdown anyways for a separate region. The Asian version isn't just Japan and denotes an entire region. All consoles servers were also merged in Fall 2020, and while they may require separate clients/regional accounts still there is no risk of shutdown.

3 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

No risk of shutdown anyways for a separate region. The Asian version isn't just Japan and denotes an entire region. All consoles servers were also merged in Fall 2020, and while they may require separate clients/regional accounts still there is no risk of shutdown.

Wait, I'm not sure if this is what yo mean, but does this means that if Tera Asia game server shutdown, then Tera NA game servers would shut down as well because it's all the same? That's kind of a relief, no way Tera as a whole is shutting down.

While I'm at it ,I'd like to ask you all a question about japanese games. There seem to be many F2P games that have a separate trophy list for Japan only. Games like Caravan Stories, H1Z1, Skyforge, CRSED, War Thunder and 3on3 Basketball. Japan servers don't last long and they shut down all the time. This is a problem because we don't seem to get warnings most of the time from Japan about these shutdowns, Skyforge came unannounced.

H1z1 and Skyforge already shut down and the games are inaccesible. But War Thunder, 3on3 Basketball and CRSED seem to be different because I log in and these games makes me play in the servers of my region, they all autopop trophies as well, unlike the first 2. Does this means those games are safe from shutting down then unless they shut down globally? Because if servers in japan were to shut down I can still log in to the game and play the game in the servers of my region. right? ?

20 hours ago, GregHouse007 said:

Wait, I'm not sure if this is what yo mean, but does this means that if Tera Asia game server shutdown, then Tera NA game servers would shut down as well because it's all the same? That's kind of a relief, no way Tera as a whole is shutting down.

While I'm at it ,I'd like to ask you all a question about japanese games. There seem to be many F2P games that have a separate trophy list for Japan only. Games like Caravan Stories, H1Z1, Skyforge, CRSED, War Thunder and 3on3 Basketball. Japan servers don't last long and they shut down all the time. This is a problem because we don't seem to get warnings most of the time from Japan about these shutdowns, Skyforge came unannounced.

H1z1 and Skyforge already shut down and the games are inaccesible. But War Thunder, 3on3 Basketball and CRSED seem to be different because I log in and these games makes me play in the servers of my region, they all autopop trophies as well, unlike the first 2. Does this means those games are safe from shutting down then unless they shut down globally? Because if servers in japan were to shut down I can still log in to the game and play the game in the servers of my region. right? 1f914.png

Basically the console servers are their own group of servers. There is still separate clients for each region group NA, EU, North and South Asia. But all of them are merged player bases (PS4 and Xbox) that exist separately from the PC playerbase managed directly by BlueHole and Krafton.

The regular Worldwide trophy list is made up of NA and EU. The Asian trophy list includes all of Asia and Japan. (Japan still has its own separate server as North Asia but this won't effect anything even if it actually closed as all of Asia's servers would need to close.)

Btw unsure myself for players down under where the Oceania Region fits in. Sometimes it's thrown on Europe servers other times in games it might be thrown on Asia if it doesn't have its own.

So for your question on Japanese stacks, there is two main reasons why you may get matched with your own region/server still.

First is IP matching, some games will run an IP check no matter which client you start and group you only with others from a similar IP region (some games may even be IP blocked due to specific reasons). One cases of the region matching is in Gundam Operation 2. When first released in Japan it confused many why they couldn't match or see other players too often it was revealed later players in the NA were matching separately from Japanese players. another example is PSO2 which this past summer introduced IP blocking for non-japanese players (probably to enforce the licensing Microsoft owns on the exclusive English/global version). When this happens usually using a VPN will fix the issues.

Now the second way you might get matched is by your PSN Account your using itself. Okay now this one sucks and there is no work around for it all sadly. But basically when you make your PSN account it logs it as a specific region of course right? While some games check your region status by PSN directly and when it does this it also creates a unique profile on their servers directly linked to your account. So if it does do this you will matched with your own region/same account regardless of what client you use. Because this verified and linked at account level, there is zero way to ever get past it. It sucks when this happen, but usually it's meant to help control server traffic.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

Arrest me if this kind of post is unwanted here, but some might be interested. Battlefield: Bad Company went down yesterday, impossible to connect to servers. I found a reddit post saying there are also no servers for Bad Company 2 in BC2 sub. Might not be worth panicking just yet, hopefully just temporary issues. Still, always scary with these issues in decade-old games

Hyper Scape will shutdown April 28th. Seems it's already delisted as well.

Contenders,

We have made the difficult decision to end development of Hyper Scape and shut the game down as of April 28th. We set out to create a vertical, close-quarters, and fast-paced shooter experience and we are extremely grateful to our community for joining us on our journey. We will be taking key learnings from this game into future products.

To the Hyper Scape community, thank you for your passion and dedication to the world of Neo Arcadia both inside and outside of the game. Your devotion to the game we built will always be cherished.

Reach out to us if you have questions.

Sincerely, Hyper Scape

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/hyper-scape/news-updates/37U6BBTVWevDWEZHY48x3g/the-future-of-hyper-scape 

Delisted info:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

It's a MadMax situation unobtainable to new players. Obtainable to anyone who managed to get two flags in online wars (or one flag if they nabbed that free early purchase pack)

Nope, the JP version is still online however it requires SIXTY flags instead of 20. So that takes a lot more of daily logins.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, EdinhoN said:

Nope, the JP version is still online however it requires SIXTY flags instead of 20. So that takes a lot more of daily logins.

That means anyone starting the Japanese version of Grand Kingdom will have to consider the platinum unobtainable. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 1:44 AM, Mr_Tenno777 said:

That means anyone starting the Japanese version of Grand Kingdom will have to consider the platinum unobtainable. 

I read in a Spanish website that the serves of the Japanese version will be closed in March.

Edit:

The Japanese version of the game will be delisted later this month and the servers will close at the end of March. The worldwide version most likely be delisted too since the servers were closed years ago.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/02/grand-kingdom-to-be-delisted-from-playstation-store-on-february-28-in-japan

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

On 3-2-2022 at 10:16 PM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Just a reminder to everyone that hasn't got it yet. The Game and DLC for Jump Force will be delisting after this weekend on Monday Feburary 7th, 2022.

DLC is not needed to complete the main list and Physical copies are available but no idea if like previous Jump Games if they may go up in price.

The game, Deluxe Edition, Ultimate Edition and Season Passes are delisted in EU. Somehow the separate Character Packs (DLC) are still there, but offcourse without the game there is no point of buying it.

• Like 1

Can anyone clarify whether or not the shuttin down Japanese Tera server will affect the ps4? Can't be sure about this?there are people playing hastily, and if it really affects the ps4 AS version (AS, not JP) I need to prioritize this game.