Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

55 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Can anyone clarify whether or not the shuttin down Japanese Tera server will affect the ps4? Can't be sure about this?there are people playing hastily, and if it really affects the ps4 AS version (AS, not JP) I need to prioritize this game.

The JP Tera server closure is PC only AFAIK - the console versions are unaffected.

Star Trek: Bridge Crew (PS VR) has been delisted on Steam and Meta so chances are digital copies will no longer be sold on PSN any day. The DLC for the game has been delisted but there are seemingly no trophies tied to it. The base game is currently on sale for $9.99 on PSN. There are physical copies of the game.

Edit: seems it is not just a VR game and can be played without headset.

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 4

On 10/2/2022 at 11:00 PM, Lance_87 said:

I don't understand why, according to PSprices, the separate DLC packs are listed as "free" but there's just no way to buy them.

i have a custom filter for every free content on psprices. well, there are TONS of content that cant be bought. main reason is "can't buy X beacuse you don't own Y". psprices cant distinguish between "free in any case" and "free dependant from already owned other content"

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 11:07 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

Star Trek: Bridge Crew (PS VR) has been delisted on Steam and Meta so chances are digital copies will no longer be sold on PSN any day. The DLC for the game has been delisted but there are seemingly no trophies tied to it. The base game is currently on sale for $9.99 on PSN. There are physical copies of the game.

Edit: seems it is not just a VR game and can be played without headset.

According to this, you have to be online to do single player. So potentially the server shutdown may make the Platinum unobtainable. May require testing to confirm.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

True especially on licensed properties. Like why support the servers for something you can make no money off anymore I mean?

He stated that delisting are different than incoming shutdowns, not equal.

Actually, so far it seems pretty random whether a delisting is a immediate danger in terms of shutdowns. Of course their revenue is gonna be zeroed, so the likelihood of they shutting down is higher, but it's only immediate on F2P games.

Don't know if been updated yet but for Jump Force PSN NA has the main game, character passes 1 and 2 and deluxe version all removed. The individual dlc characters are still available though in the store. (None of these dlc characters are required to complete the list though.)

Also on a question of Star Trek Bridge Crew I know the dlc wasn't needed for it but was the dlc removed prior to the games delisting? I was sure there was dlc for it including another game version with alt costumes/missions.

• Like 1

Is there a way to get notified every time the main post gets updated or get an email if a specific keyword is said?

13/20 uncompleted games on my list have online-based trophies and I'd hate to have one of the games shut down their online portion.

Spoiler

Tetris Effect - (1, required for Platinum) Play Weekly Event until 100 Avatars. (70 avatars earned)
Gran Turismo Sport - (All, including Platinum) Always Online, 3 Multiplayer only trophies.
Killzone Shadow Fall - (14 trophies, all DLC) Buy DLC then do the requirements.
Ghost of Tsushima - (1, DLC) Complete a Raid.
Friday the 13th - (11, including Platinum) 2000~ matches, miscellaneous.
The Division (10, DLC) Grind.
The Division 2 (1, DLC) Do Iron Horse Raid with 8 people.
Dauntless (2, DLC) Complete a Heroic Escalation.
Grand Theft Auto V (2, DLC) Nope.
Injustice 2 - (2, including Platinum) Cat Call, game's online
Dead by Daylight - (11+, DLC) Need DLC
=
PS3
Black Ops I - (1, DLC) Complete Shangri-La Easter Egg.
Black Ops II - (1) Prestige once.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Is there a way to get notified every time the main post gets updated or get an email if a specific keyword is said?

13/20 uncompleted games on my list have online-based trophies and I'd hate to have one of the games shut down their online portion.

Hide contents

Tetris Effect - (1, required for Platinum) Play Weekly Event until 100 Avatars. (70 avatars earned)
Gran Turismo Sport - (All, including Platinum) Always Online, 3 Multiplayer only trophies.
=
PS3

just follow this thread and keep an eye here. I don't remember any delisting or shut downs that went unnoticed by the resourceful contributors.

13 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Hide contents

=
PS3

I can't find the specific post mentioning this as been pretty buried in the thread. But if you want to keep track of the main page the two easiest ways are these.

1. Make a shortcut on your desktop/phone to the first page. In this option you still have to manually check yourself but at least it gives you a quicker way to get there plus a dedicated icon to casually remind you of it's existence.

2. The second way is by using a third party tracker. There is third party site trackers one can use that will automatically check and update when a webpage/website is changed. Use these at your own risk of course. But since the forum and this thread is already part of Google Bot Searches, using a third party tracker should be an easy way to automatically track it.

• Like 4

On 16/02/2022 at 8:45 PM, RNumbers said:

For all their faults Ubi seems decent about announcing server closures (Rayman Legends PC, Hyper Scape). No reason to panic on Bridge Crew just yet.

I'm still fed up with them about Pure Football ! ><

Server closure without a word, when the game mention they have to warn you at least 30 days before !

Thank you Ubi :) 

• Like 1

On 22/2/2022 at 5:51 PM, HuntingFever said:

The devs confirmed ages ago this game isn't shutting down any time soon, especially since they just bought a whole load of new servers and announced a ton of new content.

Great!!!! Right now Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr | Imperium Edition (EU): 10,99 € ?

Should edit the upcoming shutdown on the first page.

On 22/11/2021 at 6:57 PM, Lance_87 said:

Not an official server reopening, but could someone please test if they brought back the game updates as well? https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fans-bring-ps3s-motorstorm-online-mode-back-to-life/

Ok, i have a small update: i've just discovered that they brought back the updates, too. They were apparently released shortly after i made that post, despite having asked about them on their official Discord server and receiving a no as the answer. Oh well, whatever.

They're also working on Resistance 1's multiplayer so there's a chance that they bring back the updates for that game for everyone, too. They're currently available only for EU players who bought the digital version of the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kevao97 said:

laser league might have an update to only play against AI, but they prefer to literally kill the game. waste.

Trust me, it's better that it's dead. The ones who took over who decided to let the PC version continue and abandoned consoles. But what people also don't know is they just force update everyone's already owned paid copy to the new free to play version but also wiped their progress and locked classes behind a paywall, so they have to be purchased again.. oh and playerbase still dead. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, Lance_87 said:

Ok, i have a small update: i've just discovered that they brought back the updates, too. They were apparently released shortly after i made that post, despite having asked about them on their official Discord server and receiving a no as the answer. Oh well, whatever.

They're also working on Resistance 1's multiplayer so there's a chance that they bring back the updates for that game for everyone, too. They're currently available only for EU players who bought the digital version of the game.

Can't use closed-source servers, or you'll get flagged. 

• Like 4

So there isn't any confirmation for Consoles yet but Firaxis Games just announced they will be closing the Multiplayer and Challenge Modes for XCOM 2 over on PC/Steam.

Since this can be quite a difficult game would advise anyone with this in their backlog to probably do the online now just in case.

https://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-2-is-losing-multiplayer-and-challenge-mode-on-pc/