Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Anyone know if the farcry 2 server will be returning?! They have been done for a while now & it just happened randomly without notice. They fixed the servers on Xbox (so I’m told) but they don’t seem to care about PlayStation servers. Yes,I know the servers have been dead for years now & anyone that do play multiplayer just want to boost. but my goal was to platinum it this year to complete the whole farcry series. If anyone has heared anything, let me know 

2 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Wouldn't matter, unless the source code is open source, PSNP have said they won't allow it (by allow it I mean trophies earned via this method).

I'm not sure if i give that much credit for the leaderboard at this point, but this is another topic.

Anyway, the remote chance of playing this game again is super cool.

2 hours ago, Toxicmatic- said:

Anyone know if the farcry 2 server will be returning?! They have been done for a while now & it just happened randomly without notice. They fixed the servers on Xbox (so I’m told) but they don’t seem to care about PlayStation servers. Yes,I know the servers have been dead for years now & anyone that do play multiplayer just want to boost. but my goal was to platinum it this year to complete the whole farcry series. If anyone has heared anything, let me know 

the server was not shut down, what happened was probably a deterioration due to lack of maintenance, which I have my doubts that will be resolved. from time to time, the fc2 server was down and returned, but I believe this happened naturally. I doubt anyone will mess with wires for that to happen.

In a strange one. The original store listing was removed tonite for Dragonball Xenoverse 2 in NA Store. It's already been republished with a new store listing dated as released today. All previous DLC are attached to this new page.

To add to the confusion on this new listing, it has no option for download for owners of the original listing and only gives an option to purchase. Old listing can still be downloaded normally from Library and played. Seems exact same version and list.

Nothing should change from this relisting, but worth mentioning so people don't buy it twice by accident.

• Like 4

According to this, quite a few games have been shutdown: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

I can confirm that Rayman Legends PS4 & Vita are still up (I've been working on challenges daily for them). Not sure with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Revelations, but I do know that ACIII uses online for one of the main game single player trophies. I was able to go online right away with ACIII.

Just now, POEman553 said:

According to this, quite a few games have been shutdown: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

I can confirm that Rayman Legends PS4 & Vita are still up (I've been working on challenges daily for them). Not sure with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood or Revelations, but I do know that ACIII uses online for one of the main game single player trophies. I was able to go online right away with ACIII.

I tested AC Brotherhood and Revelations yesterday after someone posted the link, they’re still up. That link should be looked at with high skepticism. 

37 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Apparently, this has been there for almost an year already

Dunno what to expect from Ubisoft, they used to warn everything correctly on the old forums, but now those games are bound to be shutdown without warning I guess, just a matter of an intern realizing he forgot to pull the plug

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

This is a really old list, IDK why it's been popping up a lot in the last day or so. Most of those games never actually were shut down (Some were, but for the most part it just means support has ended). I don't think this proves anything, as FC2/3 etc weren't shut down then. I believe Kevao is correct above and it's just the degradation of the servers...nothing "official"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, POEman553 said:

7 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Apparently, this has been there for almost an year already

Dunno what to expect from Ubisoft, they used to warn everything correctly on the old forums, but now those games are bound to be shutdown without warning I guess, just a matter of an intern realizing he forgot to pull the plug

I believe some of the games included such as AC3 and Revelations may have been in relation to Ubisoft discontinuing the old UPlay/Ubisoft Services and not the actual Multiplayer Services directly. They updated most PS4 games to Ubisoft Connect now but I believe older PS3 games were discarded when this change was made so they didn't need to update them.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

Just to let anyone know incase they are going for Everybody's Golf. After redownloading the game today I noticed there's Gimme Mode Tournaments right now for the Limited Mode. Gimme Mode basically reduces the AI Difficulty and trophies etc are earnable in this as well as Official Tournaments.

So get some easier wins, progression and XP towards even VS Rivals.

27 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Just to let anyone know incase they are going for Everybody's Golf. After redownloading the game today I noticed there's Gimme Mode Tournaments right now for the Limited Mode. Gimme Mode basically reduces the AI Difficulty and trophies etc are earnable in this as well as Official Tournaments.

So get some easier wins, progression and XP towards even VS Rivals.

Gimme mode has been active for well over a year across modes (even against Vs. characters), in my experience. It seems that they just never bothered to remove the feature at some point a while back. I think it's safe to say that Gimme Mode will be available all the way up to it's server closure.

Edited by SegaJAM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SegaJAM said:

Gimme mode has been active for well over a year across modes (even against Vs. characters), in my experience. It seems that they just never bothered to remove the feature at some point a while back. I think it's safe to say that Gimme Mode will be available all the way up to it's server closure.

I haven't played it for over a couple years, but definitely will ease the Plat.

8 hours ago, Hysteria said:

Meh the game doesn’t worth it .

That game was awesome. I thought we would have League Of Legends Wild Rift by the time it shut down. But right now we have nothing like that, no MOBAs, only Smite or Switchblade I guess but it's not the same. And Switchblade may die any die now.

SA played on the NA server so I guess it's dead here too ?

27 minutes ago, GregHouse007 said:

That game was awesome. I thought we would have League Of Legends Wild Rift by the time it shut down. But right now we have nothing like that, no MOBAs, only Smite or Switchblade I guess but it's not the same. And Switchblade may die any die now.

SA played on the NA server so I guess it's dead here too ?

The moba gameplay was pretty nice but the PvE progression was atrociously horrible. You basically depended on high level players to help.

47 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

The moba gameplay was pretty nice but the PvE progression was atrociously horrible. You basically depended on high level players to help.

Oh, yeah. I never really bothered with PvE that much. Looked like a ridiculous grind. But playing on quick mode was fun, a lot more fun than Smite for example because it had a faster pace