EdinhoN

Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

4,180 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, GregHouse007 said:

That game was awesome. I thought we would have League Of Legends Wild Rift by the time it shut down. But right now we have nothing like that, no MOBAs, only Smite or Switchblade I guess but it's not the same. And Switchblade may die any die now.

 

SA played on the NA server so I guess it's dead here too 😞

The moba gameplay was pretty nice but the PvE progression was atrociously horrible. You basically depended on high level players to help.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

The moba gameplay was pretty nice but the PvE progression was atrociously horrible. You basically depended on high level players to help.

Oh, yeah. I never really bothered with PvE that much. Looked like a ridiculous grind. But playing on quick mode was fun, a lot more fun than Smite for example because it had a faster pace

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GregHouse007 said:

And Switchblade may die any die now.

Did they update their blog at any point? I know Destruction All-Stars is their priority, I'm only curious because I rushed last May to get the Platinum due to the ambiguity of their potential shutdown post and I logged in a couple times since just to see if I could still collect my daily coins or queue (still working fine, had no need to rush).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Did they update their blog at any point? I know Destruction All-Stars is their priority, I'm only curious because I rushed last May to get the Platinum due to the ambiguity of their potential shutdown post and I logged in a couple times since just to see if I could still collect my daily coins or queue (still working fine, had no need to rush).

It's abandoned from the devs POV. They said that they could shut down the servers in June of last year I think, so everything after that is borrowed time I think. Last time I played was 2 months ago. Everything is the same, you can only play on quick mode. Lots of new accounts that don't know how to play and are weaker than bots and also the dedicated hardcore players that never left and have 1000+ level accounts.

 

It has a lot more people than several other free to play games that haven't announced their shutdown. So I don't know what will happen tbh. It's a fun game and was not a hard plat.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GregHouse007 said:

It has a lot more people than several other free to play games that haven't announced their shutdown. So I don't know what will happen tbh. It's a fun game and was not a hard plat.

As a concept I definitely enjoyed it, would've loved to see it fully fleshed out as a purchasable title with additional maps.

 

Not as quick as some games though so for the completionists, if they haven't updated the blog, I wouldn't recommend starting in the event it suddenly gets pulled.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

Did they update their blog at any point? I know Destruction All-Stars is their priority, I'm only curious because I rushed last May to get the Platinum due to the ambiguity of their potential shutdown post and I logged in a couple times since just to see if I could still collect my daily coins or queue (still working fine, had no need to rush).

They've never updated their blog and stack tracking I know when I grinded it out was breaking alot when I attempted to use it to track my own progress.

 

Honestly I think the devs maybe like kept the servers up a bit longer due the influx of trophy hunters that brought activity to the game. (The Darwin Project was another that was gonna be shutdown then turned around by this.) But it's still a ticking bomb wether the timer goes off due to servers failing or them just not paying for upkeep anymore.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

turns out that the plat is already unobtainable due to glitched trophies.

Edited by Leenewbe
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

turns out that the plat is already unobtainable due to glitched trophies.

Thanks for the update, it has been added

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2022 at 6:21 AM, GregHouse007 said:

That game was awesome. I thought we would have League Of Legends Wild Rift by the time it shut down. But right now we have nothing like that, no MOBAs, only Smite or Switchblade I guess but it's not the same. And Switchblade may die any die now.

 

SA played on the NA server so I guess it's dead here too 😞

Honestly, console MOBA is an untapped market...boggles my mind that nobody has tried to make a proper, well-supported console MOBA (with a potential crossplay between major platforms). I'll forever be holding my grudge against Epic for what they've done to Paragon...

With Wild Rift being delayed until next year...the dream lives on I guess

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Honestly, console MOBA is an untapped market...boggles my mind that nobody has tried to make a proper, well-supported console MOBA (with a potential crossplay between major platforms). I'll forever be holding my grudge against Epic for what they've done to Paragon...

With Wild Rift being delayed until next year...the dream lives on I guess

It's less that the market is untapped and more that console players just don't know to play them adequately, get frustrated and then just leave. Like myself I had Genesis unfinished as I had two different boosting partners just drop it by we cause they couldn't get past certain difficulties even with tips.

 

Plus with MOBAs at least their like Battle Royales sure there may be plenty to look at but it's always gonna be the big 3 that people go to mainly because there isn't enough to differentiate. Which is a common issue alot of MOBAs copy each other just like BRs do to the point it's like why play the copy when the original offers a much more streamlined experience.

 

Edit: On topic does anyone know btw if there's been any dev update to Warhammer 40K: Inquisition about the server transfer? I have that in my backlog and just wondering if devs were still planning to port servers to their end or not.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The Inquisitor servers aren't going anywhere, plus the devs have just confirmed they are working on some substantial new content for the game: https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/ps4xboxone-closing-season-of-the-void-brethren-and-news-about-upcoming-console-seasons.

Ah thanks for that, at least them not closing the current season is good news. Hoping they release a roadmap though, I wouldn't think they would leave the server change down to the last minute.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

time to finally get tera done for me then 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, didn’t see that one coming at all, considering Tera just had a fairly large console anniversary event. 

 

Anyway, super glad I recently got it done. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, POEman553 said:

TERA appears to be officially shutting down soon.

 

https://gameforge.com/en-GB/play/tera/news/dce17483-d9a7-4c92-92ad-a83f186067f8

 

This will affect PS4 version although the FAQ page doesn't mention it (I will likely confirm it soon). So I gotta get Jump Force done, Everybody's Golf and now this.

Just to add to this Gamefound Manages all PC Servers outside of Korea.

 

Bluehole the Dev and Krafton manage all Console plus Korean PC Servers after the shutdown of En Masse.

 

Usually like other times this wouldn't mean th threat is real but since Bluehole is stopping development completely I imagine it's only time before they put out a post themselves announcing shutdown of the remaining servers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, POEman553 said:

TERA appears to be officially shutting down soon.

 

https://gameforge.com/en-GB/play/tera/news/dce17483-d9a7-4c92-92ad-a83f186067f8

 

This will affect PS4 version although the FAQ page doesn't mention it (I will likely confirm it soon). So I gotta get Jump Force done, Everybody's Golf and now this.

This is for both versions?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

For anyone who has either stack, I advise logging in to your account(s) ASAP to see if you can claim free level 65 scrolls. They were given away as part of an event last month and may still be in your item claim. They will auto-unlock all remaining level trophies and make getting the Platinum at least 90% quicker. 

I will download the game later but if anyone can confirm that you can still get those scrolls it would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Edited by tony_snake_24
Grammar
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

I will download the game later but if anyone can confirm that you can still get those scrolls it would be greatly appreciated. 1f64f.png

 

I don’t know of any instance where a brand new player was sent one. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen, though. Fair warning that the game is a massive space hog (takes around 50-70 GB of space) and will take awhile to download.

 

Also, unless you plan on either doing it legit (it gets really grindy around level 40-and you must get to level 65 to earn all level trophies) or straight up paying for the scroll if you don’t get one, I’d highly suggest playing this on an alt account first until you can collect your first rewards. Because you’ll get your first level trophy fairly quickly. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

 

I'll confirm with Assassin's Creed III on PS3 later today but I'll be working on completing the campaign/getting Head In The Clouds asap.

Aww, damn. There it goes with "Brotherhood" and "Revelations". Will see later today if i can still connect to the MP portion of the games or conclude that i am screwed. If not, these two will become my top priority alongisde Jump Force and Tera.

Edited by Vampirehunter145
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revelations is working right now. ACIII should work too. Hope Brotherhood will be up for at least few days, will try to boost it before it goes down 😐

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now