Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

On 3/2/2018 at 4:17 PM, Bahamut3104 said:

The Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 servers are not shut down. The PS3 servers work fine from what I gather but the PS4 online trophies can't be earned while having an active PS+ account. I have a thread created for this that 

So basically it seems you just have to wait until your sub runs out. Kind of a pain but still obtainable.

On 3/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, DARKB1KE said:

But it specifically says " You can't earn the trophies related to Create a Park anymore "

I can confirm that the PS3 servers are still working as I got the online trophies done a while ago. 

@DJbruce92 HD is less of a grind and if you have 2048 you can boost HD solo with your Vita but you will need 8 people for Bling Brigade and a campaign skin for yourself. If you haven't touched the game yet then getting that campaign skin could take longer than you are anticipating. Don't forget the 1 DLC trophy. ?

As for 2048, assuming Sony sticks to the closure date and you have 17 days then you are definitely skirting the razor's edge. If the servers are as active and mostly functional as they were 1.5 months ago when I did it then I would say 2 weeks is a reasonable time frame expectation. Good luck!

Maybe these servers will be in the scrap heap on April 1st alongside ModNation Racers Roadtrip or maybe the Qirex will be running ghost laps for years to come with LittleBigPlanet Karting. Who knows? Maybe 2048 will get shut down immediately and HD on PS3 will linger on.

Edited by mking_63
  • Like 3

On 2/11/2018 at 8:52 PM, DARKB1KE said:

That's correct.  Digital version no longer goes online.  Yeah if you don't care about the plat then I wouldn't bother hunting down a physical disk.  Good luck! 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/littlebigplanet-karting/293148-na-physical-connects-na-digital-wont-connect.html

... actually I found some physical copies locally, so I might have changed my mind lol. It doesn't need a pass, does it? They are used copies.

32 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

... actually I found some physical copies locally, so I might have changed my mind lol. It doesn't need a pass, does it? They are used copies.

If your old online pass still works (activated to your account) then you should be fine.  This is all I could find on the matter:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5707804-post2.html

Buy any used version of the game, that what i did, for the online pass, i googled for it and i got a link for the online pass from the store.playstation.com website, it might be unlisted but google still give a result with a working store page for the online pass, add it to the cart and get it for free (since it's 0$).

I owned the digital version.  After servers closed I couldn't connect.  So I bought a physical disk and then I was able to connect by playing the disk version of the game.

I don't remember installing a different online pass I think it just used my old one. 

I would be interested to hear your results if you try the game. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

depends entirely on your schedule

2048 takes 10–20h depending on skill or whether you're boosting

KZ3 (base game) took 1h when servers were working properly. could be longer now

Edited by Thropy_Hore

5 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

If I start both Wipeout 2048 and Killzone 3 tommorow, will I finish by next week?

Regarding Wipeout, I would say yes, but depends on a few factors.  I am not sure if there will be many playing or only a few.  You need 4 people to start a lobby game.  A large portion of the later nodes are getting in first place just to earn a pass. 

32 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

May i ask you why? They're singleplayer games without online components.

Well, I see digital exclusive games delistings as important as server shutdowns, because ultimately they render full trophy lists being unobtainable at most.

I think it is an interesting sub-section as users can help us to construct the thread with new announcements.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Well, I see digital exclusive games delistings as important as server shutdowns, because ultimately they render full trophy lists being unobtainable at most.

I think it is an interesting sub-section as users can help us to construct the thread with new announcements.

I think i read that the JP version of that Adventure Game for Vita is not a digital exclusive...

Anyway i think it's a little redundant when you already added a link to Delisted Games, which covers all delistings for all major gaming systems.

17 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I think i read that the JP version of that Adventure Game for Vita is not a digital exclusive...

Anyway i think it's a little redundant when you already added a link to Delisted Games, which covers all delistings for all major gaming systems.

Not actually, delistedgames is not perfect. A crude example is that they haven't added Adventure Time delistings yet. That's why I think the most info we can gather is always better. A nice example was the Kai-Ri-Sei Million Arthur game: finding it's shutdown would be hard if a follower of this thread didn't send the JP notice.

20 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

@EdinhoN I really hate this all digital future everyone says is coming. For example: I saw Pacific Rim Uprising last night and it was great. Reminded me how much I loved the first one. I told my friend how badly I think we need a Pacifc Rim video game. He told me there already was one. I lost my shit! And a quick Google search later discovered it was digital only and has been delisted for years. I fear a future where video games become lost to time. I'll keep my physical copies, thank you very much!

Yeah, I prefer physical always. The digital future wouldn't be terrible if licensing and copyright weren't outdated as hell. It annoys me not being able to play a great game because it was delisted (Plants Vs. Zombies, i'm looking at you!)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Not actually, delistedgames is not perfect. A crude example is that they haven't added Adventure Time delistings yet. That's why I think the most info we can gather is always better. A nice example was the Kai-Ri-Sei Million Arthur game: finding it's shutdown would be hard if a follower of this thread didn't send the JP notice.

http://delistedgames.com/your-support/

The admin is quite active. I personally contributed some entries to that site, too.

Hopefully Adventure Time will be added in a couple of days...

2 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

The admin is quite active. I personally contributed some entries to that site, too.

Yep, I have sent an Adventure Time warning too. Well, will keep with this thread also so we can reach more players.

2 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Quite active? I messaged him about two delisted PS3 games, and they're still not on his site. :/ 

5 minutes ago, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Quite active? I messaged him about two delisted PS3 games, and they're still not on his site. :/ 

What games? After a report he probably searches for more info by himself. I always forget/refuse to provide sources but when he posts the delisting the sources are there.

Anyway Nameless Kingdom is already in the database but it only covers the Xbox 360 version which was already delisted ages ago: http://delistedgames.com/adventure-time-the-secret-of-the-nameless-kingdom/

Edited by Lance_87