Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

For anyone worried about the Mistover DLC, from what I can gather all Japanese retail releases got a code in the box for the DLC.  I  purchased the Limited Edition and the included code still worked (used it yesterday).  The physical is multi language too.  I'm not sure if the Asian English release includes the code.

13 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Updates:

- NHL servers seems to be down as expected

- FIFA 20 getting removed from EA Play on 1st of July. Usually EA Play removals are coincident with the delisting itself from PS Store

Delisting does not mean closure of the servers immediately i presume?

Been playing FIFA 20 lately to get the Fut Champs trophy (qualify for it) and then the Div4 trophy i don't know if i'll ever earn.

2 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

For anyone worried about the Mistover DLC, from what I can gather all Japanese retail releases got a code in the box for the DLC.  I  purchased the Limited Edition and the included code still worked (used it yesterday).  The physical is multi language too.  I'm not sure if the Asian English release includes the code.

It’s Asian trophy stack or regular one?

Physical copies was only for Japan or other countries also have them? Thanks for the answers already.

16 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

It’s Asian trophy stack or regular one?

Physical copies was only for Japan or other countries also have them? Thanks for the answers already.

I'm not sure which trophy list it uses, i'll check a bit later and get back to you.  Only Japan and Asia got physical releases.

6 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

So far as I can tell, Portal 2 was never added to this list. Looks like the shutdown date was sometime around the middle of May 2018.

It was shutdown in the GDPR batch, but nobody saw the quite hidden announcement at the time, if I remember correctly. As it was already gone, there was no point adding it to the list. (For unobtainable games, the .org thread and TA/TT) does a better job,

• Like 4

Hi @EdinhoN,

Confirmed the following under "UPCOMING DELISTINGS" for PS4:

As of 6/7/22: confirmed the following games have been removed from PS4 Store and can be removed from "UPCOMING DELISTINGS" and added to "CONFIRMED DELISTINGS":

1. Jump Force
  2. Gods Remastered
  3. Madden 20
  4. F1 2019
  5. Fast & Furious: Crossroads
  6. Knockout City (PS4 confirmed only)

As of 6/7/22, confirmed the following games have NOT yet been removed from PS4 Store and should stay on "UPCOMING DELISTINGS".  Suggestion: Add 6/7/22 as the updated date:

1. NBA Live 18
  2. Hatoful Boyfriend
  3. Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
  4. UFC 2
  5. Grand Kingdom

I plan to check the PS3 versions as well but I don't own a PS Vita so I can't confirm any of those games on the list. 

Edited by Paperclip1776
Updated info
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

It was shutdown in the GDPR batch, but nobody saw the quite hidden announcement at the time, if I remember correctly. As it was already gone, there was no point adding it to the list. (For unobtainable games, the .org thread and TA/TT) does a better job,

Ah, fair enough.

2 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Hi @EdinhoN,

Confirmed the following under "UPCOMING DELISTINGS" for PS4:

As of 6/7/22: confirmed the following games have been removed from PS4 Store and can be removed from "UPCOMING DELISTINGS" and added to "CONFIRMED DELISTINGS":

1. Jump Force
  2. Gods Remastered
  3. Madden 20
  4. F1 2019
  5. Fast & Furious: Crossroads
  6. Knockout City (PS4 confirmed only)

As of 6/7/22, confirmed the following games have NOT yet been removed from PS4 Store and should stay on "UPCOMING DELISTINGS".  Suggestion: Add 6/7/22 as the updated date:

1. NBA Live 18
  2. Hatoful Boyfriend
  3. Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
  4. UFC 2
  5. Grand Kingdom

I plan to check the PS3 versions as well but I don't own a PS Vita so I can't confirm any of those games on the list. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/concept/10000646

Knockout City is still available and just received an update plus new season couple weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/concept/10000646

Knockout City is still available and just received an update plus new season couple weeks.

2 hours ago, Sydoki said:

I think I missed this news - why is KC getting delisted? I thought they went F2P very recently, seems like a very surprising move

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't see it delisted. What the hell are you talking about?

Regarding Knockout City, it was my knowledge that it was available for purchase BEFORE it transitioned to free-to-play on June 1.  When I checked my PS4 today (6/7/22), KC was only available for free-to-play.  Because of this, I think it needs to be removed from the UPCOMING DELISTINGS because the paid version has been removed.  Or, maybe the listing has been converted to free-to-play.  Either way, KC (PS4) can be removed from UPCOMING DELISTINGS because the paid version (which was the one indicated on the UPCOMING DELISTINGS list) is no longer listed.

Let me know if you think I'm missing something.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Regarding Knockout City, it was my knowledge that it was available for purchase BEFORE it transitioned to free-to-play on June 1.  When I checked my PS4 today (6/7/22), KC was only available for free-to-play.  Because of this, I think it needs to be removed from the UPCOMING DELISTINGS because the paid version has been removed.  Or, maybe the listing has been converted to free-to-play.  Either way, KC (PS4) can be removed from UPCOMING DELISTINGS because the paid version (which was the one indicated on the UPCOMING DELISTINGS list) is no longer listed.

Let me know if you think I'm missing something.  

It still shows the original release date on the listing, so I believe they just updated the original app to be free to play.

I still have the original app downloaded from the link I shared above.

4 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

It still shows the original release date on the listing, so I believe they just updated the original app to be free to play.

I still have the original app downloaded from the link I shared above.

Good catch!  Yeah, it was either they dumped the paid version or they updated the original to be free-to-play.  

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

It's not delisted, the client is the very same... you don't need to get a different client if you already got it i.e. from PlayStation Plus.

Agreed, it's not delisted.  However, we should look at this from a logical perspective, and in the spirit of why we add and remove games from this listing, not a literal perspective because we see a game on the PSN Store.  Even though KC is still listed as a F2P game, doesn't mean we haven't satisfied the initial request.  The original purpose of listing KC on the UPCOMING DELISTINGS list was to notify everyone on the site that a paid version was moving over to a F2P version. 

Take a look at the exact listing for KC on page 1 of this thread:

PS4 - Knockout City - 1st of June, 2022 [Game is moving to F2P format]

This listing has an end date (June 1, 2022) and the game has successfully moved to a F2P format based on that end date.  The original request has been satisfied.  Whether it should be outright deleted or moved to the CONFIRMED DELISTINGS list is up to @EdinhoN and others in charge.

Why do we have differing opinions on this specific game:

• KC listing doesn't fit nice and neat in the UPCOMING DELISTINGS list like most games.  I would agree that in most circumstances, games are either listed or delisted on the PSN Store and that would determine if a game should stay on the list or be removed. 
  • The original request is not really about a game delisting (as intended), it's about a change in format.  If we follow the guidelines literally, KC will remain on the list indefinitely because it's not delisted.  But, the original intent was to notify everyone when the game transitioned from paid to F2P.  Once that occurred, the game satisfied the request and should be removed.

Consequences to leaving KC on the UPCOMING DELISTINGS list:

• Game will stay on the list indefinitely.  Could be 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, or more before this game would come off the list.
  • Provides no value or purpose to be on the list after June 1, 2022.  The original request has been satisfied, it's just on the list because the guidelines say so.
  • Future paid versions moving to free-to-play will also get stuck on this list indefinitely, bloating the list and likely deterring some people from using it to easily check if a game is being delisted in the future.  Key word: future.  June 1, 2022 is forever in the past now.  The only reason other past requests remain on the list is because the intent of those listings were to be delisted and they never were, or haven't yet.

I know it's just one listing and I've spent a lot of time already writing up a few of these responses, but in good faith I'm trying to do the right thing here and keep these listings as accurate as possible.  Whatever the final decision is to either leave it or remove it, I'm sure we'll all try and move on with our lives.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, the_real_culture said:

Is the Resident Evil 7 Season Pass delisted? Because I can't find it.

Yeah me 2 but you looking for all three DLCs?then you have to go with the gold edition which now on sale for 19.99 $ . (NA store)

I may be late, and maybe this has been posted many pages ago, but The Disney Classic Games Collection has been delisted from the Brazil store. I remember perfectly seeing this game for purchase, and with a google it's still possible to find it, thus redirecting to the website/app and then a message "it looks like there's nothing here". The collection can be found in the USA and other locations as well, I just don't find it here.

Another thing, I thought there was a specific trophy set for this set, but there is only one trophy set for Aladdin and the Lion King, not one for the set/3 games.