Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

13 hours ago, kevao97 said:

I may be late, and maybe this has been posted many pages ago, but The Disney Classic Games Collection has been delisted from the Brazil store. I remember perfectly seeing this game for purchase, and with a google it's still possible to find it, thus redirecting to the website/app and then a message "it looks like there's nothing here". The collection can be found in the USA and other locations as well, I just don't find it here.

Another thing, I thought there was a specific trophy set for this set, but there is only one trophy set for Aladdin and the Lion King, not one for the set/3 games.

It could be getting delisted for a new version including Jungle Book as standard possibly. I know there's now an updated Switch Physical Version being sold with Jungle Book already included.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kevao97 said:

I may be late, and maybe this has been posted many pages ago, but The Disney Classic Games Collection has been delisted from the Brazil store. I remember perfectly seeing this game for purchase, and with a google it's still possible to find it, thus redirecting to the website/app and then a message "it looks like there's nothing here". The collection can be found in the USA and other locations as well, I just don't find it here.

Another thing, I thought there was a specific trophy set for this set, but there is only one trophy set for Aladdin and the Lion King, not one for the set/3 games.

As far as I remember, Aladdin + Lion King was never available on brazilian PS Store, so it's not something to worry about: a global delisting is unlikely right now. Dunno the reasons why it was not published digitally on Brazil, but I can guarantee it wasn't on the store when I played it, I guess it was around September 2021

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

As far as I remember, Aladdin + Lion King was never available on brazilian PS Store, so it's not something to worry about: a global delisting is unlikely right now. Dunno the reasons why it was not published digitally on Brazil, but I can guarantee it wasn't on the store when I played it, I guess it was around September 2021

then my mind tricked me. I remember exactly seeing it and thinking "damn! I wish I had the money now to buy it but I can't"

Edit: @EdinhoNdo a google search and you can still find the supposed address br.

Edited by kevao97

10 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I would be really surprised if it was never released there, especially since Sega had such a huge market there. One would think any collection of Genesis games would be popular.

Disney Classic Games Collection (PS Store BR):
https://store.playstation.com/pt-br/product/UP1082-CUSA16968_00-2728169992169082

Maybe search around a bit before making claims that a game is delisted, so we can avoid false flags in this thread..

If you can't find it on PS Store then try searching on PSPrices or SerialStation first:
https://psprices.com/region-br/game/5088520/disney-classic-games-collection

https://serialstation.com/titles/CUSA/16968

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

From what I heard Metal Max Xeno has a huge amount of issues with licensing.  I just assumed that reborn was just a 'fixed' replacement for the original game.

That's basically what Reborn is, it's classified as a Remake technically but it's basically the devs just fixing everything that critics and players found wrong with the first game. Though I imagine it's less of licensing and more they just want the polished product being the only one available.

The game also criminally undersold, usually a unique title like this would be sold out even in physical copies and already have a higher then retail price on the second market. But there's so many physical copies still available of the original it's like a $20 or less game all the time.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

That's basically what Reborn is, it's classified as a Remake technically but it's basically the devs just fixing everything that critics and players found wrong with the first game. Though I imagine it's less of licensing and more they just want the polished product being the only one available.

The game also criminally undersold, usually a unique title like this would be sold out even in physical copies and already have a higher then retail price on the second market. But there's so many physical copies still available of the original it's like a $20 or less game all the time.

Is there any specific DLC relating to the first game that makes the platinum easier to get or anything?

3 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Is there any specific DLC relating to the first game that makes the platinum easier to get or anything?

No dlc was released on the store at least in the NA. I believe there was promo codes for preorders given out but I never personally saw any dlc added to the store for it.

There is special tank blueprints exclusive to New Game+ that can help with the multiple playthroughs needed though. Big warning though these items can still be randomized in chests. So no location is 100% guaranteed.

3 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I saw an article that confirmed Overwatch 2 will replace Overwatch 1 on October. What that does to trophies on PS is not mentioned, but I am putting it here just in case. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/overwatch-2-will-replace-overwatch-at-launch-blizzard-confirms/

A replacement for a current live service might mean too though expect end of support or no additional content to OW1.

I very much doubt they will just suddenly end the games service, especially because of how much their fans have put into the game. It also slightly contradicts the OW2 coverage at Summer Fest where they mentioned about cross-progression between games. Cross-progression would suggest that both these will be separate apps still where you can transfer over what you have and I imagine they would give players ample time to do this since it would most likely require either a Blizzard or Activision account to do it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

No dlc was released on the store at least in the NA. I believe there was promo codes for preorders given out but I never personally saw any dlc added to the store for it.

There is special tank blueprints exclusive to New Game+ that can help with the multiple playthroughs needed though. Big warning though these items can still be randomized in chests. So no location is 100% guaranteed.

A replacement for a current live service might mean too though expect end of support or no additional content to OW1.

I very much doubt they will just suddenly end the games service, especially because of how much their fans have put into the game. It also slightly contradicts the OW2 coverage at Summer Fest where they mentioned about cross-progression between games. Cross-progression would suggest that both these will be separate apps still where you can transfer over what you have and I imagine they would give players ample time to do this since it would most likely require either a Blizzard or Activision account to do it.

You might wanna keep an eye on this regardless. You say that you doubt that they would suddenly end the games service, but this is Activision Blizzard we are talking about lol.

Blizzard and their bullshit again.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:17 AM, MarcusPunisher said:

You might wanna keep an eye on this regardless. You say that you doubt that they would suddenly end the games service, but this is Activision Blizzard we are talking about lol.

Blizzard and their bullshit again.

Utter bullshit. Just another reason why I lost respect for Blizzard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I don't understand this moaning, it's been 3 years since they said that Overwatch would've replaced the original and transfer the old content to the new one.

The same will happen to Path of Exile when Path of Exile II will be released.

If they're maintaining the integrity and legacy of the initial game, that's one thing. But in my years of playing MMOs and multiplayer only games, these developers seem to just toss aside content just because it's old and few people bother with it anymore. So you essentially end up with games that are virtually unrecognizable. Updates for the sake of updates. Changing the game around because reasons.

I literally couldn't recognize either Old School Runescape nor World of Warcraft a couple years or so after I stopped playing them. Hell, I bet WoW Classic is radically different now than it was when it launched.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

If they're maintaining the integrity and legacy of the initial game, that's one thing. But in my years of playing MMOs and multiplayer only games, these developers seem to just toss aside content just because it's old and few people bother with it anymore

The more people buy into the "disposable"-style games, the more they'll make. I hate it, too; miss the days when I could just pop in a cartridge or disc and THAT was the game.

Does PoEII have any kind of release window suggested yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moostache7 said:

The more people buy into the "disposable"-style games, the more they'll make. I hate it, too; miss the days when I could just pop in a cartridge or disc and THAT was the game.

Does PoEII have any kind of release window suggested yet?

I couldn’t care less about PoEII. The point is, moving to Overwatch II, unless Blizzard is maintaining the actual structure in regards to the actual gameplay mechanics, isn’t a good move in my opinion. 

It’s why I completely gave up on all MMOs, MOBAs and the like. You’re at the whims of the developers, who can change anything they want to because it’s their product. 

I found that out when Blizzard deliberately nerfed the skill tree system in World of Warcraft, and then changed features around because they could. It led to a lot of negativity in the WoW community forums. 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2022 at 3:19 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Disney Classic Games Collection (PS Store BR):
https://store.playstation.com/pt-br/product/UP1082-CUSA16968_00-2728169992169082

Maybe search around a bit before making claims that a game is delisted, so we can avoid false flags in this thread..

If you can't find it on PS Store then try searching on PSPrices or SerialStation first:
https://psprices.com/region-br/game/5088520/disney-classic-games-collection

https://serialstation.com/titles/CUSA/16968

yeah, I should have asked instead of stated. I searched a lot and didn't find it. anyway, if I hadn't posted it here, I would never have found a working link for that game, and the Op didn't know about this information either. thanks, now i can buy this game!