Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

8 hours ago, darkjjda said:

Regarding the recently announced ubisoft games servers closure I have an awesomeness level 8 how doable is for me to get the online trophy...

Can only speak to your Rayman Legends question, but the answer will depend entirely on where you've been getting your points from.

There is a thread in the Rayman Legends page where we calculated how many points need to be obtained specifically from online challenges (it was either on the PS4 or Vita page but the values are identical on all three platforms) to obtain Aweso Me!, and it sounds like you're close, but if you've never gotten any online cups I would say you'll want to avoid getting left at bronze every day from the get-go.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2022 at 11:18 PM, darkjjda said:

Regarding the recently announced ubisoft games servers closure I have an awesomeness level 8 how doable is for me to get the online trophy and with brotherhood I'm level 20 how long will those games take? 

I started at L14 on Brotherhood when I started boosting again a few days ago and got to 50 within a couple of 4-ish-hour sessions spread across 2 days. Levelling up also doesn't seem to take that much longer when you're getting close to L50.

The main issue is just getting 6 people together, and there's nearly always at least 1 person who can't get into the lobby because they're having connection issues with either the host or someone else. So I'd recommend making the boosting sessions last as long as possible just to get it over with.

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 2

Ac3 requires you to finish the game before you can do the head in the clouds trophy(should take 12-15 hours if you rush the story missions) . And while ac4 isn't going offline yet there is an online trophy that requires you to find 1 of each type of social discovery thats very luck based, and also theres a ship blueprint that requires you to play the kenways fleet minigame. So id knock out ac4 as well just in case because that may be next years shutdown.

• Like 2

On 03.07.2022 at 8:53 PM, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

Ah crap, I thought the online was dropped only for the PS3's HD and PS4's Remastered versions and the PC still had online functionality.

If that's the case then it's best to be safe and get it out of the way as Ness says.

The game won't have a sale anytime soon due to the dropped Vita support so even if one decides to get it down the line they'd still have to pay full price for it.....only the plat would be unobtainable then.

Does anyone think it's unfair they announced SO MANY games with just a 2 month notice? It's a bit sus. Also Far Cry 2 not looking good at all considering FC3 will be shuttered before it lol 1f605.png. I hope to God they fix it 1 maybe 2 months from now and give a 2 month notice for it as well so all of us have enough time once servers return. I guess it's safe to say that FC2 not being announced here means there won't be a stealth shutdown!

With so many games announcement to be closed they should give warning 1 year or 6 months minimum. 2 months is a joke. Terrible company(same happened with Activision games two years ago I think) and terrible situation was also with LBP series on last year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dreamcast12 said:

Are there any Assassin's creed titles that require you to finish the single player to access a Multiplayer trophy?

AC Unity has two co-op trophies but fortunately you only need to complete the first two memory sequences to be able to play co-op missions.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

I just posted this in the Rayman forum, but adding it here for visibility:

When Sony announced the Warhawk (and a few others) shutdown several years ago, they eventually changed the date to align with the 90 days minimum they promised on the original packaging. If anyone has a physical version of any of the Ubi games it could be a way to convince them to give more than the 2 months we're getting. It's a longshot but might be worth a 1 minute look at your game case.

Reference:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/11/sony-breaks-its-own-promise-on-warhawk-server-shutdown-timing/

5 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

I just posted this in the Rayman forum, but adding it here for visibility:

When Sony announced the Warhawk (and a few others) shutdown several years ago, they eventually changed the date to align with the 90 days minimum they promised on the original packaging. If anyone has a physical version of any of the Ubi games it could be a way to convince them to give more than the 2 months we're getting. It's a longshot but might be worth a 1 minute look at your game case.

Reference:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/11/sony-breaks-its-own-promise-on-warhawk-server-shutdown-timing/

Glad you said something, I checked my Ubi games, an immediately emailed them asking them to lower it to the 30 days printed on the back of the games. 

J/K, OFC I didn't. it is however, 30 days. So, they gave more (double) time than their literature states they would. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Glad you said something, I checked my Ubi games, an immediately emailed them asking them to lower it to the 30 days printed on the back of the games. 

J/K, OFC I didn't. it is however, 30 days. So, they gave more (double) time than their literature states they would. 

Ah, bummer. Thanks for checking though. Makes 60 days and Sony's 90 look downright generous.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

Ac3 requires you to finish the game before you can do the head in the clouds trophy(should take 12-15 hours if you rush the story missions) . And while ac4 isn't going offline yet there is an online trophy that requires you to find 1 of each type of social discovery thats very luck based, and also theres a ship blueprint that requires you to play the kenways fleet minigame. So id knock out ac4 as well just in case because that may be next years shutdown.

Kenway's Fleet is already Disabled due to bad servers, the work around is buying the Technology 'Time Saver' Pack on PS3

On 05/07/2022 at 11:11 PM, HuntingFever said:

Unfortunately, the Unity servers have their own issues right now :(

I've just finished this game myself. There's a work around. You need to actually go to the mission on the map and select it from there. If you try from the menus, the online says it cannot connect.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

Looks like physical copies are out there. Probably not touching this one myself.

yes they are quite cheap too, i was just looking as i thought i already owned it, turns out its elite dangerous i have... ?

https://www.trueachievements.com/n50296/army-of-two-40th-day-devils-cartel-server-closure?nid=108384499

Servers for Army of Two The 40th Day and the Devil's Cartel are shutting down on October 20th. 

The 40th Day has online, but one trophy is unobtainable due to the mask site going under years ago. 

The Devil's Cartel has no online trophies and the trophies are easy to do. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Did EA do this? I was under the impression that the plat was already unobtainable due to shutdown of the costum mask website.

No, they didn't. They also won't. People just missed out and want a freebie. If you made a mask back in the day, it's technically still obtainable until the shutdown date though. 

Edited by Floorkiller74