Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

43 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

i was just about to post about that but you beat me to it

7 minutes ago, Vergil said:

While i don't care for the games, that's really short notice...

oh goodness you are right

if anyone still needs the online trophies, you have 2 weeks and 6 days left or 21 days (22 if today is counted)

https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/1550465830856671233

August 12 we gonna lost more 3

Killzone shadow fall PS4

Killzone mercenary VITA

RIGS mechanized blabla league VR

I'm so glad those fuckers announced this with a good gap between the  shutdown ?

I need to do this RIGS,was waiting to get rich and do an autoboost, unfortunately I wasn't fast enough 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

Guys whoever has Twitter please bombard Guerrilla with tweets that they need to give us ATLEAST a 90 day notice before they shutdown any of their servers. Also Sony needs to update this crap on their official online services page on their website.....they can't just put out a random tweet and expect everyone who was ever interested in this game to somehow be informed now. This is bullshit, if they don't extend this I'm definitely skipping this game. We are swamped with all the Ubi games as it is!

OR IMO, Just make ALL Platinum Trophy's requirements without Online Trophies. Put the Online Trophies in a DLC Category. So even in 20 years down the road we can Platinum games. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Rataclies said:

OR IMO, Just make ALL Platinum Trophy's requirements without Online Trophies. Put the Online Trophies in a DLC Category. So even in 20 years down the road we can Platinum games. 

That's not the solution to this. In fact, it's very stupid. So what about the people that care about the 100%? You know, the completionists, the people that are likely trophy hunters in the first place? 

The solutions would be mandating that all trophies can be achieved offline, ala Mass Effect 2, but most of all, especially for online only games, there should be some laws that protect consumers. Maybe something like, when you cease supporting servers for a game, you must allow the multiplayer modes to be open source? If it were open source, a site like this would even allow you to get trophies without being flagged, and everyone, trophy hunters or not, would still be able to enjoy the multiplayer experience. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong and you have a better idea, (or anyone reading this) but what you said is definitely not enough.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

That's not the solution to this. In fact, it's very stupid. So what about the people that care about the 100%? You know, the completionists, the people that are likely trophy hunters in the first place? 

The solutions would be mandating that all trophies can be achieved offline, ala Mass Effect 2, but most of all, especially for online only games, there should be some laws that protect consumers. Maybe something like, when you cease supporting servers for a game, you must allow the multiplayer modes to be open source? If it were open source, a site like this would even allow you to get trophies without being flagged, and everyone, trophy hunters or not, would still be able to enjoy the multiplayer experience. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong and you have a better idea, (or anyone reading this) but what you said is definitely not enough.

I 100% agree with you

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Well, I completed the Killzones and I did the online boost on RIGS. But I still need to do the campaign on RIGS and I remember there was some stuff that was faster with online connection. 

I guess I need to clean this up in the next two weeks. Ugh 

There is nothing faster with an online connection.
The singleplayer and multiplayer are completely separated.

17 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

There is nothing faster with an online connection.
The singleplayer and multiplayer are completely separated.

A friend who has the plat claimed that gaining a billion (or million?) fans is faster with multiplayer somehow. 

I need to have a look at the game again. I don't remember anything about it and it's mechanics. 

2 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

A friend who has the plat claimed that gaining a billion (or million?) fans is faster with multiplayer somehow. 

I need to have a look at the game again. I don't remember anything about it and it's mechanics. 

After completing 3 seasons of campaign + 50 online matches, I had enough fans.
Just remember to keep changing the sponsor trials every time you complete one.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:20 PM, EdinhoN said:

just grabbing some from the pst thread

Unconfirmed/confirmed but no definitive closure date:

Game Sparks - TBC September 2022 - see here for more info: LINK 

Nuclear Throne - The devs have gone under but the server status is unknown so could close at any time.

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line - The servers have been confirmed to be closing but no date has been given for as to when that will happen.

NBA Live 18 - Some modes are already offline.

Hitman 2 - The trophyless Ghost mode went offline on August 31st, 2020 but the trophy enabled co-op mode will be going offline at some unspecified point in the future

EDIT: removed unneeded link

EDIT 2: looks like Activson forgot NASCAR exsited as it's on thier page of decomminsed servers but everything is obtainable (credit to Tazdevilz1986, for pointing that out)

Edited by serrated-banner9
correcting info

Trying to cut their energy bills?

I only have blood bank on merc to go for all Killzone games.  I am guessing this can be earned locally, it does not sink to servers to register kills?  Just checking because it always connects to servers every time.

3 hours ago, Nabeel_of_Steel said:

Guys whoever has Twitter please bombard Guerrilla with tweets that they need to give us ATLEAST a 90 day notice before they shutdown any of their servers. Also Sony needs to update this crap on their official online services page on their website.....they can't just put out a random tweet and expect everyone who was ever interested in this game to somehow be informed now. This is bullshit, if they don't extend this I'm definitely skipping this game. We are swamped with all the Ubi games as it is!

7 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Just checking but with all the ubisoft games being shut down on ps3 is Far cry 4 included? I just need the changing lanes one on that. If its not being shut down i can safely put it off a bit more haha

far cry 4 is safe and isn't part of the shutdown group. i still gotta do changing lanes but it's a low priority unless they announce more shutdowns. would say for anyone to knockout the multiplayer trophy since finding 6 people playing at one time is pretty hard for 3 modes.

Edited by Lordguwa

3 minutes ago, Lordguwa said:

far cry 4 is safe and isn't part of the shutdown group. i still gotta do changing lanes but it's a low priority unless they announce more shutdowns. would say for anyone to knockout the multiplayer trophy since finding 6 people playing at one time is pretty hard for 3 modes.

I did that trophy a while ago for some reason never did the changing lanes on ps3.

2 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

just grabbing some from the pst thread

Unconfirmed/confirmed but no definitive closure date:

Game Sparks - TBC September 2022 - see here for more info: LINK 

Nuclear Throne - The devs have gone under but the server status is unknown so could close at any time.

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line - The servers have been confirmed to be closing but no date has been given for as to when that will happen.

NBA Live 18 - Some modes are already offline.

Hitman 2 - The trophyless Ghost mode went offline on August 31st, 2020 but the trophy enabled co-op mode will be going offline at some unspecified point in the future

EDIT: removed unneeded link

For Nascar Inside Line everything still can be obtained. It was on the Avtivision shutdown list along with other titles like Wolfenstein 2009 etc. But you can still get the online trophies in that game.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

https://cogconnected.com/2022/04/mmorpg-tera-will-officially-shutdown-all-its-servers-in-late-june/

not sure if this is true or not some classification would be nice

4 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

https://cogconnected.com/2022/04/mmorpg-tera-will-officially-shutdown-all-its-servers-in-late-june/

why am i finding a bunch of old shutdown posts?

anyways this one is from 2021

https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-2-far-cry-2-online-service-shutting-soon/

19 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

why am i finding a bunch of old shutdown posts?

anyways this one is from 2021

https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-2-far-cry-2-online-service-shutting-soon/

This was posted ages ago. There are a lot of people following this thread, so please only post fresh and relevant content, make sure you are posting something new.