Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Just now, Boni_Neto said:

Seems like IoI gave up on closing Hitman 2 servers. People are still getting the online trophies to this day. They announced back in 2020 that they were planning to shut it down in the beginning of 2021.

They shut down the MP. The co-op was never scheduled to be shut down.

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

They shut down the MP. The co-op was never scheduled to be shut down.

Yes, it was, they even promised they would find an alternative for trophy hunters. That's their quote.

"We are preparing to sunset the co-op servers in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3 and we’ll share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Yes, it was, they even promised they would find an alternative for trophy hunters. That's their quote.

"We are preparing to sunset the co-op servers in HITMAN 2 before the launch of HITMAN 3 and we’ll share an exact timeline and a solution to the mode’s multiplayer trophies in the coming months."

Damn I better get on these games then...I'm assuming HITMAN 1 is still up and running as well?

4 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Interesting. They must have had a change of heart then.

1 minute ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Damn I better get on these games then...I'm assuming HITMAN 1 is still up and running as well?

As far as I remember, Hitman 1 has no co-op trophies. You have to be online to get every single one of them, though - but that is not a risk as far as I'm concerned, IoI never mentioned they were shutting 100% of their servers and I don't think they will (or at least it might take a long time, like Ubisoft did with the AC PS3 games). To this day, Hitman 1 trophies are being earned without any problem.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 4:06 PM, StarWolf3000 said:

We have confirmation that the Vita versions of Rayman Legends and Assassin's Creed Liberation are not affected by the upcoming shutdown at the end of August 2022:

https://twitter.com/PlaneteVITA/status/1554110646005948417

Oh you are having a bubble, you mean i rushed that abysmal online mode for nothing! Still least its done now 

On 8/1/2022 at 7:07 PM, Needles said:

server shutdown will not affect the PS4 version of Mini Metro:

that's a good thing i bought the game for nothing. did get some enjoyment from trying the challenges. it's all randomized.

11 hours ago, Asim_25 said:

Foul Play, Hatoful Boyfriend and Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star for PS4 and PS Vita have been delisted from PlayS­tation Store.

The games were developed by Mediatonic and published by Devolver Digital. Most likely, the delisting is due to the transfer of publishing rights from Devolver Digital to Epic Games. This has already happened with these games on Steam.

any chance they will be re-published again like happened with fall guys? another stack of hatufol boyfriend would be nice

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lewis_N7 said:

Mercenaries 2 and Command & conquer red alert shutting down on November 9th

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/a-h

The servers for both games are beyond knackered anyway on PS3 and require workarounds to even come close to being able to play with others :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers for both games are beyond knackered anyway and require workarounds to even come close to being able to play with others :(.

Only on ps3, they work on 360 with no issues. Blame Sony for this one. I predicted EA had more shutdowns to announce (remember i said) I'm surprised it isnt the battlefields and medal of honor 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Updates:

New Shutdowns:

- Command & Conquer 3 Red Alert

- Mercenaries 2

New Delistings:

- Command & Conquer 3 Red Alert Commander's Challenge

- Dirt 4

- Dirt Rally

- Overlord Fellowship of Evil

- Project Cars

- Toybox Turbos

What makes you say they are (will be?) delisted? They are being removed from EA Play in October, but that doesn't effect PSN. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

New Delistings:

- Overlord Fellowship of Evil

- Project Cars

Just to warn people on these two games before buying them because of delisting. Project Cars required completion of Community Events which there may not be enough now to complete of that specific trophy. 

Overlord FOE had incredibly spotty multiplayer needed for trophies as well. It may require multiple consoles on the same network and controllers just to get them. (Though it's no guarantee as a few people still had issues.)

Also Killzone Shadowfall, Intercept DLC, Intercept Standalone and Killzone Mercenary all showing failures to connect to server. I think it would be safe to mark them as closed on date given @EdinhoN

19 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

What makes you say they are (will be?) delisted? They are being removed from EA Play in October, but that doesn't effect PSN. 

Usually EA delists their games after removal from EA Play. That's true specially for sports games, I assume that as Dirt 4, Dirt Rally and Project Cars have licensed cars, tracks, etc the likelihood of removal is huge. The other 3 is hit and miss

6 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Project cars got delisted? Wtf 

Does anyone know why?

Not delisted yet, might be delisted when the game gets removed from EA Play