Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The LittleBigPlanet Karting and Just Sing servers are shutting down this Summer:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

https://support.ubi.com/en-Us/News/000034579/JUST-SING-ONLINE-FEATURES-SHUTDOWN

Of course, there was a shut down rumor about LittleBigPlanet Karting in 2016 (turns out to be the Japanese servers) so I guess it's official this time.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, HuntingFever said:

The LittleBigPlanet Karting and Just Sing servers are shutting down this Summer:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

https://support.ubi.com/en-Us/News/000034579/JUST-SING-ONLINE-FEATURES-SHUTDOWN

Luckily they are quick and easy!

Edited by Floorkiller74

On 03/04/2018 at 8:10 PM, grifteskymfning said:

Nothing posted yet, but I would start grinding hearts and community levels right about now...

I have to agree with you about that, I wouldn't risk leaving any of the LBP 1 or 2 online trophies to chance as Sony could decide to close both games down in the near future. We are in for a rough year of server closures so don't leave anything to chance.

17 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

They already closed the Japanese servers so i guess it'll eventually happen in the next months.

Yeah they did. Not sure about LBP 3 PS4 version.

But i will do only LBP 3 both for PS3/PS4. Not sure if i do LP2. Because i don't know how that cross function works with the Vita for 1 DLC pack if you buy the game with DLC's from a different region.We will see.

Yes i'm so glad that I got the ModNation Racers platinum + 100% done when I did. I couldn't imagine having another game with unobtainable trophies on my list.

It is doable. plus when you get to around level 20 or higher, I believe you can upload around 50 mods for people to download, maybe even more (kind of forgot how many exactly).

On 4/3/2018 at 3:10 PM, grifteskymfning said:

Nothing posted yet, but I would start grinding hearts and community levels right about now...

Good thing I just picked up the GOTY version. Gonna knock out the rest of the community levels soon. Plus WWE 2K17's online as well since it shuts down next month.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I find it very useful.

If I ever hear of any upcoming shutdown for any game, I'll be sure to report it here.

Now... not sure about jumping for ModNation Racers. Have the game, not sure if I could put with the online aspect of it lol.

Top Spin 4 has been added to the list as an upcoming shutdown, however it closes today.

Another stealth shutdown, much similar to EA's Monopoly Streets at 15th of December, last year.

I just can't understand why they use sub-forums no one ever reads instead of their official shutdown announcement section.

Considering it's EA and 2k, that should be predictable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Top Spin 4 has been added to the list as an upcoming shutdown, however it closes today.

Another stealth shutdown, much similar to EA's Monopoly Streets at 15th of December, last year.

I just can't understand why they use sub-forums no one ever reads instead of their official shutdown announcement section.

Considering it's EA and 2k, that should be predictable.

I'm really pissed cause I couldn't find the news anywhere. I read it by chance on ps3trophies only a couple of days ago when it was already too late for me. I'm trying to do my best to get them to extend the server support for a little bit. 

It's incredible that they gave the announcement only two weeks before the actual shutdown date. I've submitted a request with 2k support as well as opening a topic on the 2k forum. Please help support the cause. I know it's late, but better late than never.

@Honor_Hand I would suggest to not start the game. Not only do you need to constantly boost the online trophies, but it will be a real pain when going for the hot lap trophy, as you need to perform a very difficult glitch to get under a specific time. The leaderboards also reset every day, so if you didn't get the trophy, then you have to perform the glitch again.

14 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

@Honor_Hand I would suggest to not start the game. Not only do you need to constantly boost the online trophies, but it will be a real pain when going for the hot lap trophy, as you need to perform a very difficult glitch to get under a specific time. The leaderboards also reset every day, so if you didn't get the trophy, then you have to perform the glitch again.

lol Just finished updating the game last night. :facepalm:

The whole hot lap thing sounds kinda difficult but I was more concerned with the Star Creator trophy. Not that much into content creation to begin with and then, having to promote it around sounds like a pain. Since the game is already part of my profile, I might as well try to finish it now. If I find the hot lap and content sharing trophies too annoying, I'll drop it.

Thanks for your recommendation. :)

1 minute ago, Honor_Hand said:

lol Just finished updating the game last night. :facepalm:

The whole hot lap thing sounds kinda difficult but I was more concerned with the Star Creator trophy. Not that much into content creation to begin with and then, having to promote it around sounds like a pain. Since the game is already part of my profile, I might as well try to finish it now. If I find the hot lap and content sharing trophies too annoying, I'll drop it.

Thanks for your recommendation. :)

As long as you haven't earned a trophy yet, you're fine. However once you finish the very first race (tutorial), you will get a trophy.

As for the star creator, you can generate random characters. The problem comes with keeping in touch with other people while in a gaming session, having everyone download your creations, take them off the publishing list, and then republishing. You will have to do this over 1000 times, as well as returning the favor to those who download your creations.

5 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

As long as you haven't earned a trophy yet, you're fine. However once you finish the very first race (tutorial), you will get a trophy.

As for the star creator, you can generate random characters. The problem comes with keeping in touch with other people while in a gaming session, having everyone download your creations, take them off the publishing list, and then republishing. You will have to do this over 1000 times, as well as returning the favor to those who download your creations.

Yep, haven't earned anything yet.

There are some sessions that have been already set to share downloads and while I do imagine it will take a quite a while to reach the required XP from what I read on a guide published online, do you have any idea how much time it could take to reach the required XP for the trophy? Trying to factor in if there is enough time before the 10th of July.