Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

12 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

If you have a physical PS4 copy and own a PS5, you may want to go ahead and get the free PS5 upgrade. Just tried it right now and it works; who knows for how long though.

I'd bet the crossbuy feature won't go away with the game removal, but that will be an interesting test so we know if this PS5 upgrade system is foolproof from delisting. I'd guess it will stay as you just managed to grab the upgrade, also Sony could get in trouble by advertising an upgrade on the box and it stopping working at some point

26 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I'd bet the crossbuy feature won't go away with the game removal, but that will be an interesting test so we know if this PS5 upgrade system is foolproof from delisting. I'd guess it will stay as you just managed to grab the upgrade, also Sony could get in trouble by advertising an upgrade on the box and it stopping working at some point

@EdinhoN I'm fairly certain the discs just acts as a license entitling you to the content, similar to how you can still get some delisted games through codes. So long as the content isn't pulled from the servers (P.T situation), it'll probably be all good.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

The free upgrade will probably be pulled the day after server termination. If it can't be played, what would anyone need the free upgrade for?

I'm actually surprised that Sony didn't try to put it on their subscription service to drive up player numbers. Since it was PS exclusive I assume they paid something to Square/Platinum.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

a game shutting down after just 1 year is basically unheard of

Check out this piece of work ?
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2518-CUSA08451_00-WAYOFREDEMPTION0

If you’ll believe it, this game is still for sale ($15) though the server was shut down 10 months after release. All trophies are unobtainable, and they were never patched to unlock offline unlike with Disintegration.

(Actually 1 offline trophy, Smashero noticed. Easy to think there was none as the most recent player is 2 years ago)

Edited by EqualityEarth

20 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

a game shutting down after just 1 year is basically unheard of

Here you go https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6161-marvel-heroes-omega 5 months is the record, most likely.

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Here you go https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6161-marvel-heroes-omega 5 months is the record, most likely.

Actually @DaivRulesmentioned the record holder above:

21 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Nah, there was a game that shut down in less than two weeks.

There has been several that have shut down in their first year so not so unheard of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

forgot about that one lol

11 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

Check out this piece of work 1f447.png
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2518-CUSA08451_00-WAYOFREDEMPTION0

If you’ll believe it, this game is still for sale ($15) though the server was shut down 10 months after release. All trophies are unobtainable, and they were never patched to unlock offline unlike with Disintegration.

(Actually 1 offline trophy, Smashero noticed. Easy to think there was none as the most recent player is 2 years ago)

ok, that is kind of a scam. was most of the game online? i have never heard of it

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Nah, a couple of MMORPGs from the 2000s were shut down less than a year after release.

i assuming they just copied and pasted what worked and change the theme right? i not that expert on the history of MMORPGS

20 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

forgot about that one lol

ok, that is kind of a scam. was most of the game online? i have never heard of it

i assuming they just copied and pasted what worked and change the theme right? i not that expert on the history of MMORPGS

Disintegration only had 3 or 4 online trophies and they were all attached to a poorly thought out, microtransaction riddled MP mode that no-one played so the devs turned off the servers and changed the online trophies into something else so they could be done offline. Weirdly though, there is still an active online component but it doesn't do anything or affect the trophies so is pretty pointless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Disintegration only had 3 or 4 online trophies and they were all attached to a poorly thought out, microtransaction riddled MP mode that no-one played so the devs turned off the servers and changed the online trophies into something else so they could be done offline. Weirdly though, there is still an active online component but it doesn't do anything or affect the trophies so is pretty pointless.

those devs must be terrible at doing anything online related

On 13/09/2022 at 7:50 AM, EdinhoN said:

So something I noticed on the announcement page they specifically mention pulling sales of the game digitally and physically through retailers yesterday. While it's still available still physically it could he a rare case where a publisher may be pulling it from official retailers. I already noticed some of the Amazon listings have changed to third party sales and prices gone up here in Canada. (It's was sitting around $15-$20 most places before not going back up to $40ish)

Went through my game library and searched for each game on the EU PSN store, the following games I could no longer find and are delisted (unless I wasn't thorough enough)  

The Adventures Of 00 Dilly

Arcade Land

Cel Damage HD

N.E.R.O Nothing Ever Remains Obscure (Disc Version Available EU) 

Shift Happens

Shiftlings 

Skylar & Plux Adventure On Clover Island

Tetris Ultimate

Tiny Brains 

I couldn't see them mentioned on this thread.

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Went through my game library and searched for each game on the EU PSN store, the following games I could no longer find and are delisted (unless I wasn't thorough enough)  

Arcade Land

Cel Damage HD

Shift Happens

Shiftlings 

Tetris Ultimate

Tiny Brains 

Shiftlings was a sudden delisting sometine last year I believe. N.E.R.O. I can't find but I think I remember it being part of a set of licensed publisher delistings from over a couple years back.

There honestly may be some other older games delisted missing too. This topic was originally made for server shutdowns and the delisting focus came later.

36 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Arcade Land

Cel Damage HD

Shift Happens

Shiftlings 

Tetris Ultimate

Tiny Brains 

None of these games had their shutdowns warned (at least not since 2017 when I'm ahead of this thread).