Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

7 hours ago, POEman553 said:

So I looked into Babylon's Fall and the free PS5 upgrade and....it's true that it's no longer available but in certain regions. My UK account offered the free PS5 upgrade but said it couldn't be purchased at this time (I already had the upgrade installed on my main account but that shouldn't affect it). It did load the PS5 version right up though. Hong Kong account still have the free upgrade available. Japanese account didn't offer any upgrades at all, just a chance to wishlist it. US 2nd account lets you upgrade with the disc, but doesn't show it available for purchase.

Aargh, I got the PS4 disc but I wasn't home this week so I couldn't do the upgrade... I either have to hope it still works in my region (probably not, I never have that luck) or just get a PS5 version. In some places it's cheap now...

13 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

DiRT 4 and DiRT Rally servers will shut down on October 3.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/a-h

Oh wow, like....that's like 3 whole weeks notice. Thanks EA. 

Edit: If you haven't done the monthly goals in each game, better start now. (They will end at the end of Sept), you log in Oct 1st and they will pop. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Oh wow, like....that's like 3 whole weeks notice. Thanks EA. 

Edit: If you haven't done the monthly goals in each game, better start now. (They will end at the end of Sept), you log in Oct 1st and they will pop. 

When you consider it, that’s ONE chance in completing the monthly event. You total the car, the plat is gone.

7 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

When you consider it, that’s ONE chance in completing the monthly event. You total the car, the plat is gone.

Yep. It's not that hard with Dirt 4, just go slow and steady. You aren't racing anyone and you don't run out of time. I seem to recall you can repair you car after very other race as well. I completed the monthly in Dirt 4, but not Dirt Rally. I'm not sure if Dirt Rally works the same way. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, POEman553 said:

So I looked into Babylon's Fall and the free PS5 upgrade and....it's true that it's no longer available but in certain regions. My UK account offered the free PS5 upgrade but said it couldn't be purchased at this time (I already had the upgrade installed on my main account but that shouldn't affect it). It did load the PS5 version right up though. Hong Kong account still have the free upgrade available. Japanese account didn't offer any upgrades at all, just a chance to wishlist it. US 2nd account lets you upgrade with the disc, but doesn't show it available for purchase.

My disc just arrived this morning. I just put the disc in, and it showed an option over the PS4 tile on the main menu to the upgrade. I clicked on the purchase, it worked just fine and now the PS5 game shows in my PS5 library normally just like any digital game (but with a disc symbol indicating a free upgrade which still needs the disc as license). That worked a few minutes ago on the BR PS Store

• Like 3

Update about Babylon's Fall:

I figured out that my friend had his upgrade failing because he was trying to redeem an UK copy within his US main account.

I bought a BR copy (which is region 01) and was able to redeem just fine on US and BR accounts. However in my UK account it gave me an error.

So I guess it's just a matter of regional lock, after this I'm pretty sure the upgrade will be available forever, probably even after the game shutdown if someone plugs a disc in he would be able to add the upgrade to the library.

• Like 1

@EdinhoN

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/r-z

the sims 4 will be leaving EA PLAY ONLY on October 18th, this is likely because it is going free to play.

On 5/5/2017 at 3:20 PM, EdinhoN said:

PS4 - Mini Metro - 30th of September, 2022

SERVERS TO WATCH OUT!:

-List of potentially problematic/erratic servers and online features

-Ubisoft Online Services Update

the ubisoft link needs to be changed as the old forums linked has gone offline. Mini metro devs have confirmed the game won't be affected by the upcoming gamespark server, might want to add that information. finally, you haven't updated the Problematic servers since 2019

Here's the current situation with GameSparks:

Unaffected/Got new servers:

Mini Metro

Ultimate Chicken Horse

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

Will close on September 30th:

Disc Jam

Strikers Edge

Animal Super Squad

Iffy/Unknown:

7 Days to Die - This should be P2P but it might use GS for the invites and Matchmaking systems.

Chime Sharp - This has leaderboards but they're not attached to any trophies.

Onrush

Squishies

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Iffy/Unknown:

7 Days to Die - This should be P2P but it might use GS for the invites and Matchmaking systems.

Animal Super Squad

Catan - This was delisted years ago but it's unknown if the servers are still up.

Chime Sharp - This has leaderboards but they're not attached to any trophies.

has anyone contacted the devs about the games, regarding gamesparks? if not then someone should!

1 hour ago, serrated-banner9 said:

has anyone contacted the devs about the games, regarding gamesparks? if not then someone should!

Luckily for you @Needles did contact all of them, but only got a response from the devs of mini metro (no effect with a valid reasoning why they think that), ultimate chicken horse (no effect, though a "I believe" reaction. weak statement imo) and striker's edge (confirmed gonna shut).

Disc Jam devs confirmed the shutdown themselves.

Warhammer devs said they were going to make new servers.

Do Note 7 Days to die is possible to be done offline using charles to downgrade. It's also faster that way, however that requires a bit of tech knowledge (or knowing how to follow a guide step by step :P )

If you want you can always message the devs yourself as well to maybe apply a little bit more pressure onto it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

I reached out to Codemasters support on Onrush, a game that apparently runs on gamespark as I can see when I boot the game up, and no response. The game could go down when Gamesparks is shuttered. 

• Like 1