Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What are the online trophies?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5067-carmageddon-max-damage/23-mp-megapeep-mangler

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5067-carmageddon-max-damage/13-multislay-champ

Both are quick and easy, can be done in 2h.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

Shame about Onrush hopefully they will keep the servers up for a bit longer, I never played it online so might download it and give it a go sometime, doesn't take that long to finish took me 44 hrs and 29 minutes across 9 sessions but I'm not an expert gamer so it can be done a lot quicker than my time. 

Edited by Jinxcendant-XIII

You dont have to stress yourself to earn all the stars in the campaign(which is the most skill based trophy as that can be done after the servers close). Your main goal is to get the 250 gear items and 5 ubertags as getting to level 30 doesn't take that long as those are more about grinding then actual skill(expect to be anywhere between level 60-90 when you get your 250th item depending on luck). If you get the ubertags and gear items youll be safe(any other online trophies will be earned naturally by the time you earn these).

• Like 3

Just now, JorgeSleep said:

Where did the idea that Carmageddon was at risk come from? lol 

gamespark.png

I checked the GS website and everything indicates that they only support a mobile version of the game. I'm downloading the game right now to see if the GS name shows up anywhere. I will update this same post later.

I checked as well and didn't see it. Friend I talked to claimed it was supported.

19 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Jesus Christ what is happening this year? too many games, too many servers, too much delisting in so little time from all sides. what madness.

Covid aftermath + Ukraine War leading to global energy crisis + global inflation + disruption of supply chain + yadda yadda yadda. Do you know what's even better? All economists are predicting a huge recession for 2023, so do you think it's bad already? Next year will be a bloodbath for shutdowns if the expected bigger than 2008 economic crisis hits.

18 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Probably the energy crisis, what was once cheap to run will cost much more to keep running, expect more and more to be going offline. I'm surprised Dirt 3/Showdown haven't been announced as shutting down. Wouldn't surprise me if every PS3 game with servers is gone within the next year. 

I'm not certain about Dirt 3 and Showdown, there's a considerable chance that EA will simply shut them down too at 3rd of October and just add them retroactively to their shutdown list after they remember those PS3 games actually exist.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Of course. 

Edit: According to TT, there are 7 online trophies. According to TA it's 32 online achievements. I'm not sure why there is such a discrepancy. Maybe the servers are needed for offline portions of the game? I've barely touched it so i'm not sure. 

Just caught wind of ONRUSH being potentially impacted with GameSparks due to this thread. The discrepancy wasn't ported, which is why that exists, but apparently is due to Online being required to earn gear items, level ups, and campaign progress saving, so there's at least an Online component required to unlock the races and tournaments for offline play. The TA team is looking into what could potentially be impacted, but there's very little time if it does become impacted by GameSparks so I just wanted to get that out for everyone to check/verify/do.

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Just caught wind of ONRUSH being potentially impacted with GameSparks due to this thread. The discrepancy wasn't ported, which is why that exists, but apparently is due to Online being required to earn gear items, level ups, and campaign progress saving, so there's at least an Online component required to unlock the races and tournaments for offline play. The TA team is looking into what could potentially be impacted, but there's very little time if it does become impacted by GameSparks so I just wanted to get that out for everyone to check/verify/do.

Thanks for the effort, at least now it's clear that the game does not depend on online connection to boot at least. However, apparently some of the lengthier trophies very likely require the online connection to save progression, so I guess it's a must to complete the game to be safe and sure

Edited by EdinhoN

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Thanks for the effort, at least now it's clear that the game does not depend on online connection to boot at least. However, apparently some of the lengthier trophies very likely require the online connection to save progression, so I guess it's a must to complete the game to be safe and sure

Talked to the person that mentioned that note, and based on my previous experience with GameSparks on another title, we both agree that the game will essentially be a paperweight for trophies if/when it shuts down, which seems likely. GameSparks, at least on another title, was a required connection to store your stats and progression for achievements and would not unlock achievements unless you were logged into GameSparks. When you launch the game disconnected it tells you that offline progression will not be saved, so it seems like a similar setup and mirrors his experience when he tested playing it offline back in 2019. Hopefully GameSparks isn't fully integrated as a requirement, and this just blows over at the end of the month, but it seems like this is probably going fully down.

EDIT: Seems it may be a platform difference.

From a staff member playing the PS4 physical:

You do not earn gear, crash tags, or level ups playing offline, but I was getting trophies, and my campaign or superstar progress was being saved. ( I exited the game and started it again and I still had same superstar progress or stars.) I installed and started the game offline without ever connecting to internet before turning on my console.

So race and campaign should work offline for PS4, at least on the physical, based on that update. Tested last month.

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi
More info
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Is it possible to complete Onrush if I start tomorrow, and how long would the online trophies take?

Yes it is possible 

These won't take very long to get a few hours at most 

#Crashtag 

Dizzy Heights 

Formula 15

Off the grid 

These two are grindy and will take a while to get 

Tag evolution

Geared up  

• Like 1