Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

15 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

That Gamesparks announced back in July last year this was happening, have we only just noticed past week? 

It's only certain games causing concern, because they either didn't clearly say they use GameSparks so were missed or the devs of confirmed titles are being awkward about confirming if their game will be affected.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's only certain games causing concern, because they either didn't clearly say they use GameSparks so were missed or the devs of confirmed titles are being awkward about confirming if their game will be affected.

Ah i see. I couldn't find any info on when Gamesparks started, but looking on their forums it looks like it was 2013. So i don't think any PS3 games will be affected. If the game uses Gamesparks will it show up when a game starts? Or is there even a way to tell they use their servers?

Edited by GUDGER666

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Ah i see. I couldn't find any info on when Gamesparks started, but looking on their forums it looks like it was 2013. So i don't think any PS3 games will be affected. If the game uses Gamesparks will it show up when a game starts? Or is there even a way to tell they use their servers?

GameSparks is only used by a small number of PS4 games (I don't know about the Vita) but those that do use it, will have a logo somewhere in the credits.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If TTG on the list, then does that mean the Season Pass discs could be rendered useless :(? Bandai Namco, Ubisoft and SE being on the list is really bad news, because all 3 own a lot of games with online modes.

7 Days to Die was co-published by TTG most likely why they include their name. A similar thing for BandCo which may have co-published in specific regions on mobile titles more likely in Europe or Japan where they have more of a presence.

But anyways I don't particularly see TTG games being at risk. The trophies should still pop most likely if they used backend servers for anything it would be for progress transfer and the stat comparisons to other players.

Edit: I guess if anything the thing to check on the whole if it is run by Gamespark is too check with devs themselves. For example if X dev's one game is already under this, more then likely they will have other games released during a specific period of time on it as well.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

2 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Neon Exile is shutting down on September 30th and devs just warned on Steam, luckily this game is not available on PlayStation, but it just goes to show that many games should be affected by the GameSparks shutdown. This will be sad.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/505020/Neon_Exile

that's just sad :( i feel for the devs who pour their hearts and souls into a game only for game-sparks to yeet it out of exsitance. worst part is that the devs most likey would want to keep the servers up for a couple of years at least. i hope eventually that these game will migrate to different servers, but who knows :( 

• Like 1

On 23/09/2022 at 1:48 PM, EdinhoN said:

Neon Exile is shutting down on September 30th and devs just warned on Steam, luckily this game is not available on PlayStation, but it just goes to show that many games should be affected by the GameSparks shutdown. This will be sad.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/505020/Neon_Exile

Gamespy 2: The Reckoning

22 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It sure looks like it and we all remember how that fiasco turned out :(.

Honestly I feel for the devs in this. Alot of them were using Gamesparks to help cut the already high costs on Indie development. Like Sony, Steam and Microsoft if they want to support game devs they need to start hosting their own servers for them. I mean most stores usually take upto 30% cut anyways. Put some of that money back into the servers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Doesn't gonespy only work for like 2-3 games?

I personally got it to work with 4 games. Small numbers for sure, but it's a step in the right direction for more server revivals with all these future closures.

Edited by Helyx

10 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Doesn't gonespy only work for like 2-3 games?

Technically it should work with any of the games. I believe the only reason it doesn't, is it may be missing the particular security authenticator the other games used to connect that network.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

14 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

https://www.psu.com/news/onrush-online-servers-are-closing-down-on-september-30

I'm very late to the party but I only just saw this

if I'm starting from scratch can I complete this in 3 days?

what's the minimum number of ppl would I need to boost the online with?

You can do everything by yourself. Much easier with certain challenges to play with a boosting partner. 

Possible to finish in 15 hours or so.  3 days is doable.

• Like 1