Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

8 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

https://www.psu.com/news/onrush-online-servers-are-closing-down-on-september-30

I'm very late to the party but I only just saw this

if I'm starting from scratch can I complete this in 3 days?

what's the minimum number of ppl would I need to boost the online with?

Yes, easily.

I did everything solo and completed the game in 13h 35m, and got the last items at level 73.

9 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Well that depends, how many hours are u going to play for the next 3 days.... basically around level 75-80, u will get ur THE only grinding trophy "Geared Up".

Let's say if u can manage 27 level every single day, then u will definitely plat this game.

Best Of Luck buddy ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

That isn't official confirmation.. It's just someone recycling what has already been rumoured (ie. Gamesparks is shutting down, so therefore Onrush is because their logo is shown on startup).

I remain hopeful we'll see this alive after 30/09/22, but time will tell..

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, iXanon said:

That isn't official confirmation.. It's just someone recycling what has already been rumoured (ie. Gamesparks is shutting down, so therefore Onrush is because their logo is shown on startup).

I hope you're right, there have been too many server closures this year as it is :(.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, iXanon said:

Thank feck for that, fingers crossed it will be okay after the 30th.

1 hour ago, iXanon said:

this is the source from gamespark:

https://docs.gamesparks.com/transition-faq/

considering onrush has already been delisted from the psn store, i'd say its highly improbable that codemasters will make the effort to host the servers somewhere else

13 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

That does not say anything, just like the newsarticle does.

The newsarticle takes information from a reditor. This reditor is not a "reputable insider / source". He seems just like me and you.

He probably saw a thread (maybe on here, he is a PS gamer afterall) and took it for fact, while we are all just assuming since there is no official notice yet.

Either that or he made the simple conclusion: (gamespark is hutting) + (onrush has gamespark servers) = (onrush is shutting).

The gaming news outlet / reporter, in all its laziness like we know from these outlets, saw the post and run with it. Giving another shit article that most people share to everywhere. I mean I saw this article shared with me 3 times already :P

---

The problem with a backend server company closing is that the actually devs can introduce a new backend server system into their game. This derives to 4 options for the devs to their community:

* confirm to (plan to) implement new backend servers or make it P2P so that the online services can still be accesed another way (warhammer, ultimate chicken horse)

* confirm that the shutdown doesnt effect them, preferably with reasoning (mini metro)

*confirm the servers to be closing and not getting a replacement, probably money related (disc jam, strikers edge)

* not confirm anything at all and keep silent. In regards to this point we get into assumption theories, because we dont know for sure what the devs are gonna do. (Onrush, 7 days to die)

---

Wether or not they feel the need to implement new servers, that it doesnt effect them or that they are just gonna let it shut, is all up to your imagination and how you think about it. In case of onrush I see why it isnt profitable if it is delisted already, but we cant know for sure. That been said, its always good to put it on safe then if you really really want to play this game or have it on your profile.

Im happy that most of these devs already confirmed what they are gonna do (even if a bit late).

It's very unlikely Onrush will be updated. That's simply too much work to refactor all of their backend services to a new service, specially when the game is non profitable anymore. That's the reason they probably delisted the game, but EA could have warned that on their website (pretty sure they will add after the shutdown, just as they do sometimes). I wonder if other CodeMasters games are also at risk, losing a lot of F1 plats without warnign would hurt.

7 Days to Die I'd bet is not shutting down, even if it uses GameSparks, devs are still actively working on this game, last depot update on Steam was only 42 days ago. So if they still use GameSparks (they could have migrated months ago already), it should not impact anything.

4 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

It's very unlikely Onrush will be updated. That's simply too much work to refactor all of their backend services to a new service, specially when the game is non profitable anymore. That's the reason they probably delisted the game, but EA could have warned that on their website (pretty sure they will add after the shutdown, just as they do sometimes). I wonder if other CodeMasters games are also at risk, losing a lot of F1 plats without warnign would hurt.

7 Days to Die I'd bet is not shutting down, even if it uses GameSparks, devs are still actively working on this game, last depot update on Steam was only 42 days ago. So if they still use GameSparks (they could have migrated months ago already), it should not impact anything.

Here's the latest from the 7 Days to Die devs: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/25103-7-days-to-die-console-edition-happenings/

32 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Watch Dogs PS3 servers are down right now "ubisoft service is unavailable". Could be unnanounced shutdown or faulty server.

it better be down temporarily

we really don't need another shutdown right now along with everybody's golf, game sparks and old ubi games. wait watch dogs is from ubi. Oh god please don't say that they forgot to include it and it is actually shutting down on October 1st.

30 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

it better be down temporarily

we really don't need another shutdown right now along with everybody's golf, game sparks and old ubi games. wait watch dogs is from ubi. Oh god please don't say that they forgot to include it and it is actually shutting down on October 1st.

This year has got to be one of the worst in terms of server shutdowns, right? Probably up there with 2014 (GameSpy) and 2010 (Xbox Live 1.0).

Edited by shipper321
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, shipper321 said:

This year has got to be one of the worst in terms in server shutdowns, right? Probably up there with 2014 (GameSpy) and 2010 (Xbox Live 1.0).

It's certainly the worst I recall, rivaled only by the gamespy shutdown (Which wasn't as bad overall as expected, PSN was affected the most on my end)

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Not on the current console version, it hasn't been updated in years due to the publisher shutting down. They plan on releasing a newer console version of the most recent alpha

• Like 1

Still no official confirmation from Codemasters about Onrush, they would have said something by now surely? the only 'news' about is a couple of articles that have copied and pasted the reddit post which is nothing but assumptions (Gamesparks+Onrush servers=closing),

Although it's very likely the servers are going it as the game has been delisted and Codemasters haven't updated the ranked section in ages (still coming soon), it would be nice to actually have some sort of official concrete confirmation from Codemasters on whether it's closing (likely) or getting a new server (unlikely),

Onrush is the only game in the risk section due to Gamesparks closure that hasn't been given any update and I'm finding it quite frustrating.  

30 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Still no official confirmation from Codemasters about Onrush, they would have said something by now surely? the only 'news' about is a couple of articles that have copied and pasted the reddit post which is nothing but assumptions (Gamesparks+Onrush servers=closing),

Although it's very likely the servers are going it as the game has been delisted and Codemasters haven't updated the ranked section in ages (still coming soon), it would be nice to actually have some sort of official concrete confirmation from Codemasters on whether it's closing (likely) or getting a new server (unlikely),

Onrush is the only game in the risk section due to Gamesparks closure that hasn't been given any update and I'm finding it quite frustrating.  

Onrush isn't the only one who's fate we know little about, 7 Days to Die is still somewhat unknown (though the upcoming PS5 version suggests it will be fine), Catan hasn't been confirmed either way and Chime Sharp has no online trophies but the leaderboards are at risk.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Well, it was delisted everywhere, it's a signal...

I know it doesn't look good, but all Codemasters need to say is sorry guys Onrush servers will be closing on 30th September.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Onrush isn't the only one who's fate we know little about, 7 Days to Die is still somewhat unknown (though the upcoming PS5 version suggests it will be fine), Catan hasn't been confirmed either way and Chime Sharp has no online trophies but the leaderboards are at risk.

Oh okay I forgot about those as I'm more passionate about Onrush. 

53 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Catan? The PS3 game from like 2010? Did GameSparks even exist then? The Switch version of Catan already shut down because of GameSparks, but that’s a much newer game with a different publisher.

Here’s the notice for the Switch version: