Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

2 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/709440/view/3288214671697606743

Override Mech City Brawl on PS4 will be shutting down and getting removed from sale. It has a western version and a Japanese stack. Some online trophies. The sequel will remain up and playable for now.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8519-override-mech-city-brawl

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9007-override-mech-city-brawl

Too bad that shutdown date is unknown... You can still get disc version pretty cheap.

2 hours ago, Hysteria said:

Any specific date ?

Probably today, due to GameSparks, I guess? Override company simply completely erased their social media accounts, discord server, etc. Also it has been immediately delisted everywhere. I'm inclined to think that's about GameSparks

• Like 3

False alarm.

So i booted squishies, tested community levels, they were working. Created my own level tried to upload and it failed. Went back to communities and its stuck in loading. Guessing they have now all been nuked, and I am stuck with an unobtainable garbage. Excellent.

After reseting net and ps4, and rebooting the game, i got an error about corrupt save. It auto deleted my save and I could access the community stuff again. Got trophies.

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Like 3

Just now, UserNameButcher said:

ONRUSH and the other game is???

When looking in this page i did see Overlord: Fellowship of Evil will be removed from EA Play, do you think that the servers will close as well?

Thanks,

What I meant was, Onrush loses its MP today as part of the GameSparks closure, then the Plat gets nuked in 2 months :(. Overlord: Fellowship of Evil is a possible but the servers are pure trash anyway from what I've read so they could be gone already and no-one would notice.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

What I meant was, Onrush loses its MP today as part of the GameSparks closure, then the Plat gets nuked in 2 months :(. Overlord: Fellowship of Evil is a possible but the servers are pure trash anyway from what I've read so they could be gone already and no-one would notice.

If servers for onrush are going to be unavailable after today what are they even closing in November then? I’m confused.

• Like 1

Just now, DEI2EK said:

If servers for onrush are going to be unavailable after today what are they even closing in November then? I’m confused.

Onrush uses dual servers - 1 lot for the MP (which go offline today) and 1 lot for the trophy related stuff. For some unknown reason, the devs used GameSparks for the MP but Amazon AKA AWS for the trophy related modes.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Onrush uses dual servers - 1 lot for the MP (which go offline today) and 1 lot for the trophy related stuff. For some unknown reason, the devs used GameSparks for the MP but Amazon AKA AWS for the trophy related modes.

I thought that information was only assumed but not confirmed? Unless I’ve missed something 

6 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

I thought that information was only assumed but not confirmed? Unless I’ve missed something 

It wasn't confirmed by the devs but the presence of GameSparks in the credits and bootup screen, mean the MP servers are on borrowed time until sometime today, someone pulls the plug. Also, someone did some packet sniffing and discovered the game was phoning home to the GS servers on bootup and when logging into the MP mode.

I would love to be wrong about this but the odds aren't looking good :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

38 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Do you have a source for that? I hope that's the way, we'll have until November to complete Onrush, if it's the other way around... Daamn haha

7 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/709440/view/3288214671697606743

Override Mech City Brawl on PS4 will be shutting down and getting removed from sale. It has a western version and a Japanese stack. Some online trophies. The sequel will remain up and playable for now.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8519-override-mech-city-brawl

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9007-override-mech-city-brawl

heh

Bit late to realize now, but maybe I should have gone down on their twitter...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Do you have a source for that? I hope that's the way, we'll have until November to complete Onrush, if it's the other way around... Daamn haha

I can't remember their name but someone here on this site, did some packet sniffing or other wizardry and discovered the game phoned home to 2 different servers on boot up: GameSparks for the MP and AWS for everything else.

6 minutes ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

So all online modes and levelling up XP will be gone today? :( 

No, just the trophyless MP mode.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

I can't remember their name but someone here on this site, did some packet sniffing or other wizardry and discovered the game phoned home to 2 different servers on boot up: GameSparks for the MP and AWS for everything else.

Hmm, it still might be completely dead after today. GameSparks belongs to AWS nowadays, they could have been using their infra but as GameSparks specific services are going down today... I'm not confident about that November date

Just now, The Moose Knuckler said:

So would you still be able to get all the online trophies for OnRush then if you started from scratch after today?

Huge risk if you care for completion. You should wait until GameSparks is dead to confirm

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Hmm, it still might be completely dead after today. GameSparks belongs to AWS nowadays, they could have been using their infra but as GameSparks specific services are going down today... I'm not confident about that November date

Huge risk if you care for completion. You should wait until GameSparks is dead to confirm

Fingers crossed the November date sticks :(.

15 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

GameSparks is more than likely dead if the Override announcement is anything to go by.