Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Feedback coming from the Xbox side, but for Animal Super Squad you can launch it while offline, get past the loading screen, and reconnect to get past the server gating and play it Offline. This, combined with the fact that the offline trophies only work with a previous version - can anyone with a working version of Animal Super Squad confirm that the offline still works, and it's just the Community trophies that are now down?

Also, HyperBrawl supposedly works while offline doing something similar, but Progress is tied to the server so I'm not sure what that entails.

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Feedback coming from the Xbox side, but for Animal Super Squad you can launch it while offline, get past the loading screen, and reconnect to get past the server gating and play it Offline. This, combined with the fact that the offline trophies only work with a previous version - can anyone with a working version of Animal Super Squad confirm that the offline still works, and it's just the Community trophies that are now down?

I tested Animal Super Squad yesterday and it was stuck loading community levels. But of course, I could still access adventure mode.

5 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Also, HyperBrawl supposedly works while offline doing something similar, but Progress is tied to the server so I'm not sure what that entails.

Apparently some people can still access the mode and play matches but it doesn't seem like progress is saving, so at the very least the level 20 trophy would be unobtainable now, possibly all other Blitz trophies as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Apparently some people can still access the mode and play matches but it doesn't seem like progress is saving, so at the very least the level 20 trophy would be unobtainable now, possibly all other Blitz trophies as well.

I've also heard that Stadium Tour may be impacted as well? May need confirmation. As for progress not saving, does that mean Beginner's Luck may still be obtainable?

Anyone able to confirm whether or not Catan's online is impacted?

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi

15 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

I've also heard that Stadium Tour may be impacted as well? May need confirmation. As for progress not saving, does that mean Beginner's Luck may still be obtainable?

Anyone able to confirm whether or not Catan's online is impacted?

Catan was a false alarm caused by bad info on the GameSparks site - only the Switch and Mobile versions were affected.

• Like 2

So, how accurate is this?

7 Days To Die [working fine]

Animal Super Squad [dead]

Carmageddon Max Damage [PS version working]

Disc Jam [dead]

Everybody's Golf [dead]

HyperBrawl Tournament [apparently can still connect but not save progress so it's unobtainable with some Blitz trophies potentially still obtainable]

Mini Metro [still working, as expected]

OnRush [will remain online until 30 November, progression and online matches working] (Will be unobtainable soon)

Strikers Edge [dead]

Ultimate Chicken Horse [working, as expected. Got new servers]

Swords of Gargantua [dead, but was still unobtainable due to glitched trophies anyway]

Override Mech City Brawl [dead, but VS mode works somehow, so still obtainable???]

Squishies [dead]

Catan [still obtainable on PS, although delisted]

Unturned [got new servers so obtainable]

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr [got new servers]

Chime Sharp [server status unkown but no online trophies, should be fine]

Driver San Francisco, AC3 and AC Revelations were still working as reported here but we shall see about that next week.

I just tested Onrush myself, online matches work. The first match gave an error when the levelling up part was supposed to happen, but the second and third matches went fine and I did get XP and medals. It should be obtainable until the 30th of November.

Edited by tony_snake_24
Added Unturned, Warhammer and Chime Sharp
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

So, how accurate is this?

7 Days To Die [working fine]

Animal Super Squad [dead]

Carmageddon Max Damage [PS version working]

Disc Jam [dead]

Everybody's Golf [dead]

HyperBrawl Tournament [apparently can still connect but not save progress so it's unobtainable with some Blitz trophies potentially still obtainable]

Mini Metro [still working, as expected]

OnRush [will remain online until 30 November, progression and online matches working] (Will be unobtainable soon)

Strikers Edge [dead]

Ultimate Chicken Horse [working, as expected]

Swords of Gargantua [untested, but was still unobtainable due to glitched trophies anyway]

Override Mech City Brawl [dead, but VS mode works somehow, so still obtainable???]

Squishies [dead]

Catan [still obtainable on PS, although delisted]

Unturned [got new servers so obtainable]

Driver San Francisco, AC3 and AC Revelations were still working as reported here but we shall see about that next week.

I just tested Onrush myself, online matches work. The first match gave an error when the levelling up part was supposed to happen, but the second and third matches went fine and I did get XP and medals. It should be obtainable until the 30th of November.

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr got new servers as well :). Chime Sharp is still unknown but that doesn't have online trophies anyway, just crappy leaderboards so it is kinda academic whether the servers stay or go.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

Breakdown from HyperBrawl with feedback from Xbox side:

Blitz offline
Stadium Tour: Was only possible in Blitz apparently

Player level progress no longer saved, reset to Level 1.

Campaign progress doesn't save. Can play it, but won't progress and tracker won't budge.

So this would mean that Stadium Tour, Blitz, Cosmic Cup, Galaxy League, League Of Our Own, and Stadium Tour are now gone. If anyone would like to confirm.

32 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr got new servers as well :). Chime Sharp is still unknown but that doesn't have online trophies anyway, just crappy leaderboards so is kinda academic whether the servers stay or go.

I think we're missing another game starting with "S" 

25 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Blitz offline

Campaign progress doesn't save. Can play it, but won't progress and tracker won't budge.

So this would mean that Stadium Tour, Blitz, Cosmic Cup, Galaxy League, League Of Our Own, and Stadium Tour are now gone. If anyone would like to confirm.

Stadium Tour is the one for playing in 8 maps? I did that on Arcade mode. The campaign mode trophies should still be obtainable, maybe you can't go back to the menus or close the game if it doesn't save, but they are supposed to be fully offline. Downloading to test right now.

Hey, I just played one match on bronze cup and was able to continue to the next match. So the campaign trophies should be obtainable as expected, you just won't level up anymore. So I don't know where you got the idea that you can't complete and get the campaign trophies from, but you surely gave a scare to those that only got the Blitz mode trophies.

Edited by tony_snake_24

9 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Blitz offline

Ah shit, thought at least offline would work fine.

Swords of Gargantua is dead, can't get past the initial screen.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Blitz offline

I just checked it and was able to progress to the next week (from Week 2 to Week 3) in Galaxy League. I had started the campaign prior to shut down though. I'll test on another account on starting a new campaign though.

22 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I just checked it and was able to progress to the next week (from Week 2 to Week 3) in Galaxy League. I had started the campaign prior to shut down though. I'll test on another account on starting a new campaign though.

Xbox may have some differences from PSN (it seems like they fixed some things on PSN that were never ported back to the Xbox version, e.g. Interceptions are broken on Xbox), so I'm just being cautious here to document if there are differences while everyone still has eyes on it, just to make sure. Thank you.

EDIT: Progress works but apparently doesn't tie in with the in-game awards, which are tied to the trophies. If you're checking, could you check that bit?

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi

9 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Xbox may have some differences from PSN (it seems like they fixed some things on PSN that were never ported back to the Xbox version, e.g. Interceptions are broken on Xbox), so I'm just being cautious here to document if there are differences while everyone still has eyes on it, just to make sure. Thank you.

Tested on another account and it's able to start a new campaign and continue progress. Not sure on knockouts/goals progress though without the servers being there. I would presume that it would still work even though the game isn't showing it being tracked (maybe someone can test it further to see if 250/500 knockouts/goals trophies pop now).

1 minute ago, POEman553 said:

Tested on another account and it's able to start a new campaign and continue progress. Not sure on knockouts/goals progress though without the servers being there. I would presume that it would still work even though the game isn't showing it being tracked (maybe someone can test it further to see if 250/500 knockouts/goals trophies pop now).

Sorry, I edited in a bit later when I was given clarification that apparently progress is still kept, but you don't get the award (and achievement on Xbox) for completing the campaign.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What's the confirmed list of unobtainable trophies for HyperBrawl, now all this testing has been done?

Assume the only test is, if the trophies pop for completing the campaign on different difficulties. But i don't know why it wouldn't unlock if the knockouts will etc. I also don't see any reports on trueachievements on Hyperbrawl forum that stuff doesn't progress. If there is any source about it, than correct me for that.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

3 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Assume the only test is, if the trophies pop for completing the campaign on different difficulties. But i don't know why it wouldn't unlock if the knockouts will etc. I also don't see any reports on trueachievements on Hyperbrawl forum that stuff doesn't progress. If there is any source about it, than correct me for that.

This is who I've been talking to that tested after things went down on Xbox:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1324436&anchor=10776639#m10776639

Sounds like just Brawl is offline then for PSN?

11 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Not that it affects anything but leaderboards appear still be working in ChimeSharp currently. Could view them and save a new high score for myself.

Let's see if they are still up after Monday but that's good news

Also, is it confirmed then that Override Mech City Battle is still fully obtainable in Versus mode?

39 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Also, is it confirmed then that Override Mech City Battle is still fully obtainable in Versus mode?

That would interest me as well, would be nice to get a clear answer on if whether it's possible to get the plat in offline mode. 

In any case, for all of these possible shutdowns I'd wait on Monday, even Tuesday just to make sure 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Strong Winds Predicted in Override may be impacted. Is that available in Versus?

The only other thing in Override is that I think the Season Pass is needed for all skins, which is delisted now? Available via physical copies I believe.

Strong winds is available in versus. Just 2 people needed with an extra controller each I believe. 

• Like 2