Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

As of now the Online for Rayman Legends & Driver: San Francisco are still up and running. I hope Ubi forgets to turn off the servers for the weekend so that I can get to snatch the SF Platinum before shutdown lol

EDIT: It's now midnight around here (Central Time) and both servers still exists, so that's a little promising. Next Day Event in Legends comes in 3 hours and Who knows if Ubi pulls a Shutdown shortly there after, so not holding major hopes until then. 

Edited by SaAlLoAg
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, SaAlLoAg said:

As of now the Online for Rayman Legends & Driver: San Francisco are still up and running. I hope Ubi forgets to turn off the servers for the weekend so that I can get to snatch the SF Platinum before shutdown lol

Me personally, I hope Ubisoft leaves the Rayman Legends servers open for another year. I regret not starting it sooner and probably should have done it around the same time I did the PS4 version.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Are all the online trophies still possible in Override?

Override Mech City Brawl lives. You need to invite your partner into a private match instead of trying to find them in a public match.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8519-override-mech-city-brawl/EqualityEarth?order=date

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9007-override-mech-city-brawl/EqualityEarth?order=date

• Like 2

Just now, EqualityEarth said:

Override Mech City Brawl lives. You need to invite your partner into a private match instead of trying to find them in a public match.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8519-override-mech-city-brawl/EqualityEarth?order=date

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9007-override-mech-city-brawl/EqualityEarth?order=date

Yay :)!

I logged onto Dirt Rally before I left for work, about 30-40 min ago and did a daily race. Saw I had a car for the weekly so I brought my PS4 to work. Tried for the last 10 min and can't connect to racenet at all. Could be it was shut down at start of business. 

Edit: Dirt 4 is down as well. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

It's not unlikely that many of the Ubis will still continue working. Most games strictly use P2P through PSNs own systems, meaning that there essentially are no servers. I'm fairly certain Ubi shut of some of their old UPlay infrastructure (which is where they host the MP on their PC platform), and that only features that would interact with that system would die on console. As an example, I wouldn't be surprised if ShadowNET challenges on Blacklist dies, but the mp itself will continue working. Games with leaderboards and so on, will most likely bite the dust though. Not to say this is definitely the case.

It's pretty likely what happened to Batman Arkham Origins, where it "shut down", but only certain features actually died.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Igni said:

It's not unlikely that many of the Ubis will still continue working. Most games strictly use P2P through PSNs own systems, meaning that there essentially are no servers. I'm fairly certain Ubi shut of some of their old UPlay infrastructure (which is where they host the MP on their PC platform), and that only features that would interact with that system would die on console. As an example, I wouldn't be surprised if ShadowNET challenges on Blacklist dies, but the mp itself will continue working. Games with leaderboards and so on, will most likely bite the dust though. Not to say this is definitely the case.

It's pretty likely what happened to Batman Arkham Origins, where it "shut down", but only certain features actually died.

Yep, time will tell. I do think Blacklist is P2P, but the challenges will go down. 

29 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I logged onto Dirt Rally before I left for work, about 30-40 min ago and did a daily race. Saw I had a car for the weekly so I brought my PS4 to work. Tried for the last 10 min and can't connect to racenet at all. Could be it was shut down at start of business. 

Edit: Dirt 4 is down as well. 

I just now did today's daily. Connected to racenet fine, viewed leaderboards and PvP as well

26 minutes ago, Igni said:

Is this the case for Rayman Legends on PS3 where they'll still be up after the shut down? If so, I'll be jumping to work on it. I suspect though that it will die.

Edited by POEman553

28 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Is this the case for Rayman Legends on PS3 where they'll still be up after the shut down? If so, I'll be jumping to work on it. I suspect though that it will die.

Ps3 went offline about 5 hrs ago after dailies/weeklies resetted while I was online.

Couldn't connect to challenges or view leaderboard, just said could not connect to Ubi servers. 

Supposedly it was only offline for under 2 hrs and now it's back online but not home to check.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

Ps3 went offline about 5 hrs ago after dailies/weeklies resetted while I was online.

Couldn't connect to challenges or view leaderboard, just said could not connect to Ubi servers. 

Supposedly it was only offline for under 2 hrs and now it's back online but not home to check.

I just checked it with a dummy account and it's online. I'll see if it's still up tomorrow or the rest of the week before I get started on it.

Edited by POEman553

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Rayman is an interesting case. Even if the challenges were hard coded into the game (not issued by the servers), the whole scoring mechanism of the challenges is based on leaderboards. However, we don't know they've set this up. It could very well be that this is hosted on the same platform they host challenges for PS4, Xbox and so on. 

Rayman had its PC challenges shut down for a few years now, I actually think it's pretty likely that they would have killed PS3 at that point, if it happened to be a separate thing. 

Edited by Igni
Typo