Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

It seems like most of the games due to go down were indeed taken offline, and it's probably safe to assume that the ones that are still up (ACB) will go down soon.  But I'm interested in the other Ubisoft games whose server closures were announced years ago but inexplicably survived, since I figured that these could be quietly knifed alongside their compatriots. 

It seems HAWX is still OK for now, but could someone post the status of RUSE, HAWX 2, Far Cry 2, and any other potential victims. 

Edited by WakeUpHP

3 minutes ago, WakeUpHP said:

It seems like most of the games due to go down were indeed taken offline, and it's probably safe to assume that the ones that are still up (ACB) will go down soon.  But I'm interested in the other Ubisoft games whose server closures were announced years ago but inexplicably survived, since I figured that these could be quietly knifed alongside their compatriots. 

So could someone post the status of RUSE, HAWX, HAWX 2, Far Cry 2, and any other potential victims. 

i tryied far cry 2 yesterday and it worked

1 hour ago, WakeUpHP said:

It seems HAWX is still OK for now, but could someone post the status of RUSE, HAWX 2, Far Cry 2, and any other potential victims. 

I think HAWX HAWX 2 and RUSE actually shutdown but all were unaffected by it and are still working at least on Xbox unsure about PS

3 minutes ago, Lewis_N7 said:

I think HAWX HAWX 2 and RUSE actually shutdown but all were unaffected by it and are still working at least on Xbox unsure about PS

AFAIK, all that shutdown for those games on the PS3 was the UPlay Store - the servers were unaffected.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere, the online trophies in the HAWX games can be done in LAN Mode 1f914.png.

I don't even know why we're talking about games that were scheduled for "shutdown" years ago? HAWX works perfectly fine.

However, to answer your question, it does support LAN/System Link.

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

I don't even know why we're talking about games that were scheduled for "shutdown" years ago? HAWX works perfectly fine.

However, to answer your question, it does support LAN/System Link.

1: Someone further up in the thread was asking about them, because they had a theory, now proved false, that Ubisoft was going to stealth close some older titles at the same time as the announced ones.

2: Thank you for the confirmation :).

https://liquidbit.com/killer-queen-black-update/

Some GameSparks games have been extended to November 30th, apparently. So a new batch of shutdowns might be incoming and it's worth paying attention to. It also makes me wonder if games that are still playable like Override will become completely unplayable after this date.

36 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

https://liquidbit.com/killer-queen-black-update/

Some GameSparks games have been extended to November 30th, apparently. So a new batch of shutdowns might be incoming and it's worth paying attention to. It also makes me wonder if games that are still playable like Override will become completely unplayable after this date.

That probably explains what happened to Onrush

• Like 1

I have a bit of a question, the game Tron Evolution has online servers for it still up. It's a 12 year old game and it's developer is long out of business. Is there any way to find out which company they have their servers with? They're still online as of this day, but it seems to be a title that's gone long ignored despite having a plethora of online modes.

I just think that since it's so rarely played that it could just go off one day and nobody would know. It's the only Tron game that can actually be completed since Tron Run /r went offline despite being a much later game.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I have a bit of a question, the game Tron Evolution has online servers for it still up. It's a 12 year old game and it's developer is long out of business. Is there any way to find out which company they have their servers with? They're still online as of this day, but it seems to be a title that's gone long ignored despite having a plethora of online modes.

I just think that since it's so rarely played that it could just go off one day and nobody would know. It's the only Tron game that can actually be completed since Tron Run /r went offline despite being a much later game.

Just complete it while you can, it does not take long at all. IIRC only 2 or 3 trophies actually require another player.

Edited by MarkGrouch
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I got the platinum awhile ago, but I always just found it strange that a game like that has still functioning dedicated servers.

It probably uses P2P for online trophies, where one player acts as a host for others. Do you know if there are leaderboards of any kind, and if they do exist are them still working?

1 hour ago, shary96 said:

About the Assassin's Creed games, here's the current situation (as of October 5th):

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
PC 274c.png
PS3 2705.png
360 2705.png

Assassin's Creed Revelations
PC 2705.png
PS3 274c.png
360 274c.png

Assassin's Creed III
PC 274c.png
PS3 274c.png
360 2705.png
WiiU 2753.png

I know AC 2 doesn't have any online trophies but are those servers still up? Also, do you have a full confirmation as to what's going on with the Future Soldier servers? I have a partial confirmation as to what is and isn't possible but it would be nice to have a clear picture :).

15 minutes ago, Wakayama_PT said:

The only online service on AC 2 was the Uplay option, which is now closed. 

State of Ubisoft titles on PS3 as of October 5th (tested by me):

The Uplay option was closed on all titles. 

The other online features were completely closed on Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed 3, Driver San Francisco, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Far Cry 3.

The online multiplayer, co-op, challenges and leaderbords are still up for Splinter Cell Blacklist. 

The online multiplayer and leaderboards are still up for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. 

The online challenges and leader boards are still up for Rayman Legends. 

Gotcha, thank you for the info :).