Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

22 minutes ago, Lord_BenWon said:

On September 14, 2022 at 10:00 AM PT Sony Interactive Entertainment will decommission the online service for MLB00ae.png The Show 2122.png18 on the PlayStation00ae.png4 system.  Multiplayer and other online features will no longer be available, but you will continue to be able to play the game and use Stubs in offline modes where available.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Shame, nobody even saw that thing coming. I wonder when Sony posted it

13 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Copying and pasting what I wrote in the Blacklist forum for visibility here:

Upon further testing, I think there are more trophies that are unobtainable. I tried actually hosting a private match but because you can't connect to Uplay, you can't host private matches, customize loadouts, nor go past rank 5. This means the trophy "Trusted Agent" for reaching rank 10 is unattainable.

"Personal Kit" (Unlock a custom loadout slot for Spy or Merc) and "Fireteam Accessed" (Unlock a Merc's Light Machine Gun) may also be unattainable as you need tokens to unlock both of these, and you start earning tokens at rank 5 (whether this happens now without Uplay, not sure...). I think you may get 1 or 3 tokens when you hit rank 5 but I can't remember for sure so you might still be able to get Personal Kit and Fireteam Acessed if it's 3 (I already did the online stuff so I'd have to test this on an alt).

Which brings up another issue. You can no longer solo the other Spies vs. Mercs trophies (since you can't host private matches). Some modes are 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 which means you will need 8 players to do some of the modes (assuming you need a full lobby to start the match, I think you do).

This game basically got more difficult to boost and some trophies are definitely unobtainable so unless you dont mind not getting 100% or you only need some of the trophies that are still available, I would not recommend starting this game.

I think @Igni is probably right and challenges are probably dead after the next reset but I'll check anyway on Sunday just to see.

can we get confirmation on this please?

7 hours ago, Lord_BenWon said:

On September 14, 2022 at 10:00 AM PT Sony Interactive Entertainment will decommission the online service for MLB00ae.png The Show 2122.png18 on the PlayStation00ae.png4 system.  Multiplayer and other online features will no longer be available, but you will continue to be able to play the game and use Stubs in offline modes where available.

Source: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

6 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yo I am pissed, the guide doesn't mention an online trophy in its tags and I have previously popped a trophy. And did sony seriously post the announcement after it closed?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, POEman553 said:

https://twitter.com/DarkSoulsGame/status/1584821064420716544?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1584821064420716544|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=

Bandai Namco has brought back almost all of the PC online servers for the Dark Souls series except for Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition. Why should trophy hunters on console be concerned? Because Prepare to Die Edition is based on PS3/Xbox 360 version of Dark Souls. At some point in the not-too-distant future, the servers for PS3/Xbox 360 version of Dark Souls will be shut down.

This doesn't mean it'll happen this year, but just keep this in mind if you haven't started on PS3 version of Dark Souls yet. You may want to go ahead and do it. The Platinum will still be obtainable offline but it is so much easier (and fun!) to do the game online.

The only reason the servers were pulled was because of the whole RCE thing. Also worth noting the original release is peer to peer, not dedicated.

6 hours ago, shipper321 said:

The only reason the servers were pulled was because of the whole RCE thing. Also worth noting the original release is peer to peer, not dedicated.

From what I remembered with the original console version on PS3, it does log into a server before the game starts. But yes, connecting with other players is peer to peer. It can be played offline though.

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Ikki Online might be closing next month: 

Never knew Sunsoft tried doing a Vampire Survivors Clone. Strange it's getting pulled from Sale when it was released this year not a typical IP pull I guess.

Edit: Nevermind I guess this title for PSN is alot older then the Steam page suggests. I guess VS cloned form this then.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

1 minute ago, pavelbagirov said:

It’s possible to do this game in time or already no?Game have English language or Japanese only?

I can't comment on the time to Plat but since the game was only released in Japan, it's safe to say it won't have any English support.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

17 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

It’s possible to do this game in time or already no?Game have English language or Japanese only?

Ikki Online is completely in Japanese.

In regards of the time and number of players required to do the online trophies, you will find your answer here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/106573-mini-guide/

The minimum number of players for Online match is 2. However, 4 people are needed only to earn "人情家" trophy.

Estimated time is about 5 hours per person, or about 9-10 hours if you want to get the "大食漢" trophy mentioned below as well.

• Like 3

On 10/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, POEman553 said:

From what I remembered with the original console version on PS3, it does log into a server before the game starts. But yes, connecting with other players is peer to peer. It can be played offline though.

TL;DR: we don't know what the game does just because it says something...

These "logging in" or whatever banners that usually happen in game user interfaces don't actually mean anything specific, the software is just telling you it's communicating elsewhere, in other words "phoning home". But you don't know what it's actually doing, you'd need packet capture to find out where it's sending and what it is sending. Most likely it's just sending a small data packet that contains your user and device identifications, which can be used for metrics and/or to profile you for focused advertising. Most of your Android apps do the same but won't tell you when they're doing it. Obviously if you prevent that, nothing happens, the listener simply won't get the data. On a game too, if you play offline and nothing happens, then it doesn't matter whether you play connected to online, thus whatever the game is sending has no relevance to you.

@shipper321 is correct in principle, PS3 runs (IIRC) a FreeBSD 6 fork, so everything has to work within this bubble. The main problem with these 15+ year old systems is they're simply not compatible with modern security measures, and whatever fixes you make have to work within these limits. Remote Code Execution (ie. ability to take over your account credentials and control the system, modify your database etc) is a real thing, even modern systems have zero day vulnerabilities and have to be patched again within hours of software release. Within the PS3 ecosystem you can limit the amount of hostile systems who'd for example spoof their identity (so they'd be CFW PS3s, but even then specifically CFW PS3s and fake PSN accounts deliberately trying to intrude.) So you can control and monitor this much better compared to PC - identities *have* to be connected to PSN services in a specific way, or they won't connect at all.

The solution Sony figured out for identity management is really ingenious, you have a pseudo multi-factor authentication for your identity, but it happens on the modern server cluster - and PS3 just gets a QR code which is pretty much the only thing it's capable of ? There's no real MFA on PS3 and never will be, but they bought it perhaps five years, perhaps ten. Anyway like I said before, within the PS3 ecosystem the attack vector - ie the amount of hostile systems and accounts - is known. On PC it is unknown which From Software sorely learned. Your options are to increase security measures, but PS3 is incapable of that. Thus you can have a PS3 compatible system, but it will never talk to anything outside PSN (this is Dark Souls). You can have a modern system, but it's unlikely to talk with PS3 unless you allow to compromise it. Or you can agree you can't make it secure enough, and opt to cut the system off completely (this is LittleBigPlanet, and eventually will be PS3 too.)

On 5/5/2017 at 3:20 PM, EdinhoN said:

PS3 - Army of Two: The 40th Day - 20th of October, 2022

PS3/JP - Army of Two: The 40th Day - 20th of October, 2022

@EdinhoN

army of two is dead

also as expected, NBA 2k 23 will shutdown 2 years after release (top of page 5) 

https://cdn.2kgames.com/manuals/nba2k23/ps4/2KSWIN_NBA2K23_PS4_Online_manual_ENG.pdf

there is a possibility going around that dirt rally and dirt 4 weren't going to be shutdown but only delisted but no confirmation so far

11 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

@EdinhoN

army of two is dead

also as expected, NBA 2k 23 will shutdown 2 years after release (top of page 5) 

https://cdn.2kgames.com/manuals/nba2k23/ps4/2KSWIN_NBA2K23_PS4_Online_manual_ENG.pdf

there is a possibility going around that dirt rally and dirt 4 weren't going to be shutdown but only delisted but no confirmation so far

At this point it could be just a delisting. The servers are still up for both and can also access the full My Club features. Though do note for the Pro Tour in Dirt 4 a minimum of four players is needed to start a match (there is usually plenty of randoms online during the day still).

Also due to the low player population, trophies like Delta Force will get progressively harder as you will require to be ranked higher in the delta daily to stay in the percentage. (Typically now you have to be within the Top 20-30 players to place in First Tier. Some Deltas also include classified vehicles that not all players will have making the percentage gaps even lower in placement.)

32 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

At this point it could be just a delisting. The servers are still up for both and can also access the full My Club features. Though do note for the Pro Tour in Dirt 4 a minimum of four players is needed to start a match (there is usually plenty of randoms online during the day still).

Also due to the low player population, trophies like Delta Force will get progressively harder as you will require to be ranked higher in the delta daily to stay in the percentage. (Typically now you have to be within the Top 20-30 players to place in First Tier. Some Deltas also include classified vehicles that not all players will have making the percentage gaps even lower in placement.)

That's incorrect. Delta dailies use fixed developer times which are easy to beat and don't change regardless of competition. Thus, the platinum will not become harder with less players on Dirt 4. However on Dirt Rally wager matches and Owner's Club will be a nightmare without people spamming accounts as they did prior to the supposed shutdown.

• Like 3

Hello just a heads up for the games Lara Croft GO and Hitman GO for the Playstation they might delist it in the future because of the studios shutdown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/embracer-shuts-down-hitman-go-studio-as-new-deus-ex-revealed-at-eidos-montreal/1100-6508798/

Edited by ChocoDoc1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

Hello just a heads up for the games Lara Croft GO and Hitman GO for the Playstation they might delist it in the future because of the studios shutdown.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/embracer-shuts-down-hitman-go-studio-as-new-deus-ex-revealed-at-eidos-montreal/1100-6508798/

I think they still own Tomb Raider/Lara Croft though...

• Like 1