Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

25 minutes ago, Helyx said:

This does not solve the problem. If anything it reduces the effectiveness of this thread. Anyway, thanks for the notifications y'all...here's another.

Solved it for me and I'm sure many others, would rather check a few posts every few days rather than get a notification for every comment. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Already on the confirmed shutdown list, has been known for over a year. 

Not really, confirmation from 2k was just given. The manual shutdown date is not a guarantee it will go down at that date, there was a year where they shutdown mid January for who knows what reason.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/22/23474317/deus-ex-go-embracer-onoma-square-enix-shutting-down

Deus Ex Go wasn't available for PlayStation like Hitman and Lara Croft Go. But we should take this as a possible start of things to come with these IPs. They aren't just removing the game in question from sale but are also pulling it from everyone's libraries as well.

(For those unaware still Embracer Group over the summer completed a sale of the Western Division of Square Enix. Notably including Eidos Montreal and their major IPs.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

How is that not illegal?!?!?

Most ToS for digital marketplaces include terms generally about removing access to a product previously accessible even if bought for any reason. Though most companies won't usually use these terms even if they exist.

Like in PT's case with it being removed for download. Though them going further and removing the ability to play the game completely as well us a little jarring. I wonder if they will achieve this by Google Play Services and other background running services that work in combination with apps. To verify it or something.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

Any indication whether or not PGA Tour '21 will go with it?

There's no info for PGA Tour on its game manual and 2k hasn't said anything about. It should go down soon due to PGA Tour 2k23 release, but let's hope they at least announce it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

It should go down soon due to PGA Tour 2k23 release, but let's hope they at least announce it

Are you saying this based on precedents set by NBA, exclusively? This was the first 2k PGA title wasn't it?

I see no 2k22 trophy list either, did they skip this/last year? That might imply less urgency if there is less of a server burden (NBA being an annual release meaning more titles to support, as opposed to there only being one title every other year for PGA)

53 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Super Punk Games studio is shutting down, all games should be removed from sale.

On PlayStation they have "Just Deal With It" as their only game.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/489460/view/3512273737220523780

Here's the list for that game: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8360-just-deal-with-it

There are several online trophies but I'm not sure exactly how many there are in total.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Here's the list for that game: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8360-just-deal-with-it

There are several online trophies but I'm not sure exactly how many there are in total.

I think there are no online trophies, PlayLink runs in local network and should be accessible as long as you have the app (installable through APK websites, APKPure is legit and safe, they only list free apps there).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

I think there are no online trophies, PlayLink runs in local network and should be accessible as long as you have the app (installable through APK websites, APKPure is legit and safe, they only list free apps there).

I just downloaded the app from EU (swedish) Play Store.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Super Punk Games studio is shutting down, all games should be removed from sale.

On PlayStation they have "Just Deal With It" as their only game.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/489460/view/3512273737220523780

Damn, bought it some time ago as a physical copy, should look into it then. So the 5 player thing can be done with the app? Even after the shutdown?

Edited by Rejim

I really hope Family Feud online hasn't shut down as I still haven't got round to it due to so many games I want to play, plus I didn't think it would be in danger as it hasn't been out long :( 

I just looked at the game on the Ubisoft website, under the section connectivity and performance it has green ticks for all consoles so it must be a server issue and needs fixing just keep messaging them to try and get it fixed, persistence is key.

• Like 3