Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

3 hours ago, Varhur said:

Friday the 13th seems to have "database login failure" errors again, until that is fixed, plat is unobtainable. Idk when/if they fix it, tho I remember that it's not a new error (was fixed in the past).

Yeah it's temporary 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

NBA 2K21 is now toast but I don't know what all the online trophies are.

Yep, it's gone for good on Steam too, so PS is certainly gone too. You can check the online trophies on TA, they are all correctly flagged there.

5 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Yep, it's gone for good on Steam too, so PS is certainly gone too. You can check the online trophies on TA, they are all correctly flagged there.

Neither site has fully updated the lists yet so only show the same 2 trophies/achievements that have been unobtainable for a year now :(.

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Neither site has fully updated the lists yet so only show the same 2 trophies/achievements that have been unobtainable for a year now :(.

Filter by the online achievements, all of them are unobtainable now, so the 37 online + 2 unobtainable are all the 39 unobtainable achievements for the Xbox One/PS4 version now. The next-gen version has a few slightly different achievements.

• Like 2

IOI and their neverending desire to mess up with trophies in the most obscure way...I'm still bitter about them gutting Absolution servers on PS3. And now, have to go and triple check I own all the DLCs across the two older titles...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

There are two add on in Hitman 1 : Game of the year edition & Game of the year edition ( Intro pack ) my question is will I be able to get 100% if I buy one of them despite the editions? 

A comment in one of the Hitman 2 threads states "The GOTY Upgrade is only if you want additional content which has no trophies associated with said content. The version of H1 that was given on PS+ gives you access to all the content that has trophies (in all 3 HITMAN games with HITMAN 1 levels)."

9 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

posted in another thread but I'll ask here too

if I were to purchase this new rebranded hitman 3, would I still be able to get 100%? (I don'y have any of the earlier H1/2 content)

You will be able to 100% Hitman 3 only. You'll need to purchase the "World of Assassination Deluxe Pack" that is mentioned in IO's blog post as well though to get the trophies in Hitman 3 DLC Pack 1, which gives access to the DLC levels from Hitman 2.

1 hour ago, Golem25 said:

(as seen in the above post)

Delisting of Hitman, Hitman 2, & Hitman 2 Additional Expansions on January 26th 2023

Source; Hitman 3 becomes Hitman: World of Assassination

We do not know the full implications of this change for Trophies as the blurb mentions 'standalone' products. Both games have the most convoluted set of DLC packs known to man, and we do not know whether they will all be delisted as well. I will update this post as and when we learn more from developer/publisher IO Interactive. If you already own all the DLCs, then whether or not you have yet to start them, you should be okay.

In the spoiler I have described what this means for the 100% for new or returning players of all three lists who don't own all the DLC, should all Hitman 1 and 2 content indeed be delisted. This will affect many people, as both titles were included as PS Plus monthly games at some point.

Reveal hidden contents

If all the DLC for Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 is delisted, then soon(ish) you can't 100% Hitman 1 or Hitman 2 from scratch any more by going physical!

For Hitman, Trophy Packs 4 (Summer Bonus Episodes) and 8 (Landslide) were never included on any single disc of the game as far as I am aware. You could only redeem them via in-box codes or buy them separately from the store. That's nine Bronzes and one Silver that become unattainable if you don't track down a code in time, and they are becoming rarer as the stock of 'new' physical copies depletes. I just checked my physical copy, and the Bonus Episode code has an expiry date of January 31st 2027. So if you don't redeem any such code before that date, and boot up the physical copy afterwards, 100% will be unachievable. If the Bonus Episode DLC is just outright delisted, then I don't think even the code will help you any more.

That's the lesser of the two headaches, if you can believe it. Hitman 2 has Trophy Packs 7 (Austria Sniper Map) and 15 (Singapore Sniper Map) locked behind either a code from the physical Gold and Collector's Editions or a purchase from the PSN store. Once the PSN listing is removed and the final physical code is used or expires, that's ten Bronzes, two Silvers, and two Golds that you can no longer achieve. 100% no longer achievable if you do not own the content.

The real concern is this; if you can no longer redeem the Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2, that will wipe out Trophy Packs 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 as well. That would mean that you will be unable to access 66 of the Trophies on the list without having gained access to the Hitman 1 content through digital purchase or physical code. That's over half of the list, which clocks in at the previous maxinum number of 125 Trophies.

The 21 Trophies on the Hitman 2 • Additional Expansions list are all tied to the Expansion Pass sold through the PSN Store or found in Gold and Collector's Editions of the game. If it is indeed delisted, then you will never be able to unlock anything on that list in the future. I just checked my code from my physical Gold Edition (any excuse to get that nice Steelbook out) and it expires on the 9th of November 2028. It was quite difficult to find that code back in early 2021 so I can't imagine how much more of a pain it might be now.

Leaving the Additional Expansions list aside, which will be fully unattainable to new or returning players that don't own the DLC and can thus be deleted whenever as it will always remain at 0%, Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 are looking like they are about to give many people quite a few unobtainables if IO-Interative indeed push through a complete delisting of all content for both games outside of legacy pack upgrades for the renamed Hitman: World of Assassination (formerly Hitman 3 - expect the Trophy lists for both stacks to have their names changed).

Now's the time to start buying unopened physical editions and DLC codes, just in case, if you have either game unfinished. Focus on the Bonus Episode for Hitman 1, and the Expansion Pass + Hitman 1 unlock for Hitman 2. See those completion percentages? Those are only going to go down further;

sadsada.png

The most important question here is:

Will the progress import from Hitman 2 standalone in Hitman 3 standalone via the IOI Website still work after all these changes? 

If it won't be supported anymore then this is also some kind of semi Shutdown. 

7 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

In the same page of the link go down for the GOTY both delisted.

There HITMAN - Game of the Year Edition for £9.99 at the top of page. And at the bottom of the page are two upgrade packs for owners of the standard edition of HITMAN (2016). They are displayed as "Unavailable" for those who do not have a purchased standard edition of HITMAN (2016) on their account. No need to mislead other people if you yourself have not figured out the PlayStation Store interface. Screenshot-20230103-221235-Samsung-Inter

4 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

So I checked my Hitman 1 & 2 purchases and I have all the DLCs for both, should I be okay if I did the 100%'s later or would it be a good idea to try to 100% them before January 26?

That’s a lot of content to do in 23 days, but personally I’d say you should be fine, I’m in the same boat, as I have 1 and 2 and all the dlcs in my backlog and unless they announce they’re actually shutting 1 and 2 down I don’t think we need to worry.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

So I checked my Hitman 1 & 2 purchases and I have all the DLCs for both, should I be okay if I did the 100%'s later or would it be a good idea to try to 100% them before January 26?

According to IO Interactive, there should be no changes to the operation of standalone HITMAN 1 and 2. 

«An important detail that we want to be clear about amongst these changes, is that we’re removing the standalone HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 products from sale on all platforms. If you already own these games, you’ll still be able to access them in the exact same way that you do today.» 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

1 doesn't matter. 

But 2 and all its DLCs can be imported into Hitman 3 and autopop all Hitman 1 and 2 DLCs in Hitman 3.

The problem is that this works only once per account and only via the Website of IOI. If this feature is shutting down I would recommend to complete Hitman 2 before this date. Otherwise you would have to do all of Hitman 1 and 2 again in 3 for 100%

• Like 4