Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

2 minutes ago, Varhur said:

I do wonder if the new World of Assassination list will function as some sort of a launcher now, with the old H1 and H2 trophy lists now being available there, instead of a lost stack.

I don't think so. You have trophies for 2 and 1 in 3 already. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Varhur said:

I do wonder if the new World of Assassination list will function as some sort of a launcher now, with the old H1 and H2 trophy lists now being available there, instead of a lost stack.

Doubt it. I would plan on the old launchers being delisted.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

1 doesn't matter. 

But 2 and all its DLCs can be imported into Hitman 3 and autopop all Hitman 1 and 2 DLCs in Hitman 3.

The problem is that this works only once per account and only via the Website of IOI. If this feature is shutting down I would recommend to complete Hitman 2 before this date. Otherwise you would have to do all of Hitman 1 and 2 again in 3 for 100%

Wasn't worried about this before but you're absolutely right. I went all-in in Hitman 2 to get all locations to 100% (despite not needing it for the trophies) just because I could export it all into Hitman 3 later on. If this functionality would be killed with this move...man that'd be upsetting

Don't really want to rush through Hitman 2's content either...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Wasn't worried about this before but you're absolutely right. I went all-in in Hitman 2 to get all locations to 100% (despite not needing it for the trophies) just because I could export it all into Hitman 3 later on. If this functionality would be killed with this move...man that'd be upsetting

Don't really want to rush through Hitman 2's content either...

Yeah, I'm happy that I completed the Hitman series. I always feared that they would remove the progress import one day. Such website features are always a risky thing. You never know, when they remove it. 

Maybe nothing will happen and it will still work just fine. But if not... Well Hitman 3 100% will be really annoying. 

• Like 2

So rather than create a Gold edition of Hitman 3 that includes all the content released for that so I can finally have everything in one package, they are going to still sell the other Hitman 3 content piecemeal but now they are going to lump all Hitman 1 content and base game Hitman 2 content (which I've already paid for) in with Hitman 3 so they can raise the MSRP +$20 and still make you spend more money to get the rest of the Hitman 2 and 3 content.

---

So Hitman 3 Deluxe (it is the same MSRP of what the new World of Assassination bundle is going to be, $80) is 65% off right now on PSN, $28 (ends 1/7 @ Midnight PST). I guess if you already own Hitman 1 everything + Hitman 2 Gold (or a Hitman 2 bundle that includes the Hitman 2 expansion pass), the best method would be to purchase that Hitman 3 Deluxe now for $28. Then when the World of Assassination change does live you would already own 2 of the 3 parts of the "HITMAN – World of Assassination Deluxe Pack" (Hitman 2 expansion pass and Hitman 3 deluxe pack) so you could purchase the 3rd piece from the in-game store, just Seven Deadly Sins, for a pro-rated cost of $10 according to their press release. This pro-rated cost would be cheaper than the current Seven Deadly Sins sale price of $13.49. That would be everything released to date for $38.

If you wait until after Hitman 3 is converted, and the Hitman - World of Assassination was on sale for a similar 65% off, you would have to pay an extra $10 to get everything since the Hitman 3 deluxe pack is not included with Hitman: WoA, you would only own 1 of the 3 from the WoA Deluxe pack (the Hitman 2 Expansion pass) so it would cost $20 instead of $10 to buy the rest pro-rated. Hitman: WoA would have to go more than 77.5% off to get it for less that you can buy it for all right now. If Hitman: World of Assassination were 65% off in the future, that would be everything released to date for $48, unless you wait and hope the WoA Deluxe Pack (MSRP $30) goes on sale for more than 33% off, which would probably happen eventually. It would have to be more than 66% off to get the total cost down to less than $38.

Is that math right? If you own everything Hitman 1 and 2 (or some Hitman 2 bundle that includes the Hitman 2 Expansion pass), the best deal would be to buy Hitman 3 Deluxe on sale now for $28, then buy Seven Deadly Sins pro-rated for $10 from the in-game store after World of Assassination goes live? The only other way I figure you could get a better deal in the short term is if they seriously marked down the base game of Hitman 3 (more than 70% off) before Jan 26th. Eventually they'll probably do a complete trilogy bundle for $100, then it would only need to be more than 62% off to get it for less than $38, but who knows how long that will take to happen.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Dumb question, but I assume that I can still play these games through PS Plus where I acquired them and added to my library as long as I am subscribed to it? 

yes. you'll still have access to those as long as the sub is active.

had to give up this month's plans to get the required DLC before it got taken off. 

saved everything related to hitman 1+2 including the expensive expansion pass 2.

Edited by Lordguwa

Assuming i got everything from ps plus along the years. The only thing i go to buy is hitman 2 expansion pack right? Still that's 30euro and for i can tell it will be delisted aswell  or it's just the standalone version and will be able to buy inside game store?

Also this confuses me. Will i be able to get it after for just 10 ? 

IN-GAME STORE
On other platforms, we’ve added each individual DLC from the new WoA Deluxe Pack (H3 Deluxe Pack, H3 Seven Deadly Sins Collection and H2 Expansion Access Pass) to the IN-GAME store, again priced with an even split ($10 USD each). If you own some (but not all) of that content, you’ll be able to buy whatever you’re missing – at a new and reduced price.

Edited by leandroxpto

I checked my Hitman purchases and how i can find in ps store - HITMAN Bonus Episode: Landslide and HITMAN Bonus Episode: The Icon & A House Built on Sand ? On my download list i see only Hitman Summer Bonus Episode(8.1gb). Or some episodes was added free with updates?Thanks for the answer

14 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

xjkozpik4pb61.png

Not that guide (it was made before this announcement) but still, WTF. xDxDxD

math-lady.gif

LOL @ the question mark next to the Requiem Pack for H1. I don't have it, but i think it's available on H2 with the Legacy Pack, and also in H3.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

xjkozpik4pb61.png

JFC. So let's say I purchased Hitman: Game of the Year Edition, and somehow have Hitman 2 in my library. What else would I need to purchase/redeem to get all Hitman 2 and 3 trophies? The Hitman 2 expansion pass for $40? Do I also need to purchase the Hitman - GOTY Legacy Pack for $20?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gethron said:

JFC. So let's say I purchased Hitman: Game of the Year Edition, and somehow have Hitman 2 in my library. What else would I need to purchase/redeem to get all Hitman 2 and 3 trophies? The Hitman 2 expansion pass for $40? Do I also need to purchase the Hitman - GOTY Legacy Pack for $20?

Let's say you own nothing from any Hitman games.

To guarantee the 100% on both Hitman 1 and 2 (and the additional trophy list for 2), you just need to buy Hitman 1 GOTY Edition and Hitman 2 Gold Edition and you'll have all the DLCs.

Be careful because you need to redeem the Hitman 1 upgrade pack by downloading the game and looking in the in-game store for the free upgrade, then the Legacy DLCs will show up for download on 2.

For Hitman 3 I don't know how it works and it's not necessary to worry about that now.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Let's say you own nothing from any Hitman games.

To guarantee the 100% on both Hitman 1 and 2 (and the additional trophy list for 2), you just need to buy Hitman 1 GOTY Edition and Hitman 2 Gold Edition and you'll have all the DLCs.

Be careful because you need to redeem the Hitman 1 upgrade pack by downloading the game and looking in the in-game store for the free upgrade, then the Legacy DLCs will show up for download on 2.

For Hitman 3 I don't know how it works and it's not necessary to worry about that now.

Hitman 2's expansion pass is currently $40 on US PSN, but a physical copy of Hitman 2 Gold Edition is $30 on Amazon. Anyone have experience trying to redeem Hitman 2 content in Hitman 3 using a physical copy? I'm really regretting not getting the Hitman 2 expansion pass back around Halloween when it was $10. I guess it's too much to hope for another sale before the end of the month.

3 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

I checked my Hitman purchases and how i can find in ps store - HITMAN Bonus Episode: Landslide and HITMAN Bonus Episode: The Icon & A House Built on Sand ? On my download list i see only Hitman Summer Bonus Episode(8.1gb). Or some episodes was added free with updates?Thanks for the answer

iirc, its either: the summer bonus is icon/house on sand, and landslide was a free update, or all 3 are in the summer bonus, but yeah, either way you'd have those with that all fine

related, but sad to see them go, but i guess it does make sense with the constant shifting publishers

4 hours ago, Gethron said:

Hitman 2's expansion pass is currently $40 on US PSN, but a physical copy of Hitman 2 Gold Edition is $30 on Amazon. Anyone have experience trying to redeem Hitman 2 content in Hitman 3 using a physical copy? I'm really regretting not getting the Hitman 2 expansion pass back around Halloween when it was $10. I guess it's too much to hope for another sale before the end of the month.

I would not try to mix and match physical and digital, it can be a shit show. I made the mistake of buying the season 1 steelbook disc and you could only buy DLC for it through the in-game store (which rarely goes on sale). The one's on PSN were ONLY for the digital version. So when the First Season went on PS+, I was finally able to buy the GOTY upgrade on PSN when it was a reasonable sale price on PSN, Then I think I could redeem it for the disc version for free on the in-game store since I now owned the digital version, but I can't recall for sure. But PSN literally wouldn't let you buy the GOTY upgrade without owning the digital version of the First Season.

If you haven't already started Hitman 1 or Hitman 2, and don't care about missing out on double/triple dipping on the trophies. The cheapest way to get the Hitman 2 Expansion Pass now (unless it magically goes on sale before the end of the month) would be to (possibly) only get it for Hitman 3 through the in-game store for the pro-rated price of $10 as they say you will be able to buy any of of the 3 pieces of the Hitman: WoA Deluxe Pack (H3 Deluxe Pack, H3 Seven Deadly Sins Collection, or H2 Expansion Access Pass) separately from the in-game store for $10. I am assuming that version of the H2 Expansion Access Pass will only work with the new Hitman: World of Assassination version, and not backwardly unlock the Hitman Expansion pack for Hitman 2 in the in-game store, but I can't say for sure.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 4