Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

21 hours ago, NomaiEye said:

For anyone planning on getting Hitman 2 before the delisting, I would consider making the three online co-op trophies in the sniper assassin mode a priority. These are the trophies that were meant to become unobtainable when IO said they would be shutting down the servers a couple years ago, but the servers never actually went down and the trophies are still obtainable as of right now. To my knowledge, IO hasn't provided any update on when or if they will actually be shutting down the servers, but I wouldn't risk it by waiting until after the big update and delisting of Hitman 2. There are only three co-op trophies, 2 in the main list and 1 in the Expansion list, and it will only take about 15 minutes to complete all three if you have a boosting partner.

If the servers actually get shut down then every trophy will be unobtainable as hitman requires an online connection to track challenges and mastery level.

There are also levels requiring the online contract creation mode in both games.

Let’s hope the servers don’t get shut down on Jan 26th as it takes over 150 hours to 100% 1 and 2

2 hours ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

If the servers actually get shut down then every trophy will be unobtainable as hitman requires an online connection to track challenges and mastery level.

There are also levels requiring the online contract creation mode in both games.

Let’s hope the servers don’t get shut down on Jan 26th as it takes over 150 hours to 100% 1 and 2

I'm talking about the co-op servers for the Sniper Assassin mode in Hitman 2. IO said they would be shutting down those specific servers a couple years ago but never did and never provided any further updates about it. As far as I know there's no need to worry about them shutting down all online functionality for Hitman 1 or 2 any time soon.

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Just to add as already confirmed by various media outlets this is a suspension of service at the moment only, not a fully announced closure.

(This could change of course at any point during it's suspension.)

But currently the plan by them is to take the game offline for a few to several months while they fix the game and better enhance its gameplay. Of course with any suspension do at your own risk. But I will warn the one primary reason they are suspending this game is due to log-in issues where some players can't log in for days at a time.

Dang, wonder what they'll do with it...I'm still chipping away at Let It Die captures and also had started Deathverse. I planned to try and get everything other than the 100 wins. I don't have enough time to dedicate to that one at the moment. 

Its a fun game so hopefully they can hammer out issues and bring it back to success. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 0:36 PM, EdinhoN said:

Let's say you own nothing from any Hitman games.

To guarantee the 100% on both Hitman 1 and 2 (and the additional trophy list for 2), you just need to buy Hitman 1 GOTY Edition and Hitman 2 Gold Edition and you'll have all the DLCs.

Be careful because you need to redeem the Hitman 1 upgrade pack by downloading the game and looking in the in-game store for the free upgrade, then the Legacy DLCs will show up for download on 2.

For Hitman 3 I don't know how it works and it's not necessary to worry about that now.

do you need the hitman game of the year edition upgrade intro pack? i hope not it's expensive. I have hitman 2 and hitman 2 expansion pass, i have hitman installed maybe from a friend, what should i do?

and deathverse: let it die. that has to win the award for most ironic game name.

Edited by ChowderlyDude
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

@EdinhoN,

The following Upcoming Delistings can be removed from the list:

• PS4 Train Sim World - Additional Expansions
  • PS4/NA Train Sim World 2: Set 2
  • PS4/EU Train Sim World 2: Set 2
  • Train Sim World 2: Set 3
  • Train Sim World 2: Set 4
Confirmed all DLC is available for the PS4 version listed and is compatible with Train Sim World 3.  Below is the source I found that indicates that the DLC content moved forward with Train Sim World 3.  I think this content was listed because at the time it wasn't clear if the DLC content for Train Sim World and Train Sim World 2 was going to be delisted along with the base games on the PS Store. 

I'm confirming that this DLC content is currently available on the PS Store and there's no plans indicated to delist this DLC content.

I'll be running through and confirming that all this dlc is available still later. A couple pieces were flagged in deals scetion other day but had no option to buy them. (I know I don't own them.) Basically pages could still be up to download from but licenses could've expired, which was something that was warned may happen if not all dlc transfers over to TS3.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I'll be running through and confirming that all this dlc is available still later. A couple pieces were flagged in deals scetion other day but had no option to buy them. (I know I don't own them.) Basically pages could still be up to download from but licenses could've expired, which was something that was warned may happen if not all dlc transfers over to TS3.

Understood.  Thanks for the second pair of eyes on this.  There's a ton of DLC for these Train Sim World games and it's possible something was missed.  I tried to go through them methodically but it would be good for others to double/triple check it.  

FYI - I went into Train Sim World 3 on the PS Store and scrolled to the bottom to view all of the available DLC content that has Train Sim World and Train Sim World 2 that is now compatible with Train Sim World 3.  The Deals section had a lot of the DLC content on sale but I don't think it had all of it.  

Thanks again!

• Like 2

On 09/01/2023 at 0:09 AM, Paperclip1776 said:

Understood.  Thanks for the second pair of eyes on this.  There's a ton of DLC for these Train Sim World games and it's possible something was missed.  I tried to go through them methodically but it would be good for others to double/triple check it.  

FYI - I went into Train Sim World 3 on the PS Store and scrolled to the bottom to view all of the available DLC content that has Train Sim World and Train Sim World 2 that is now compatible with Train Sim World 3.  The Deals section had a lot of the DLC content on sale but I don't think it had all of it.  

Thanks again!

Alright went though the dlc tonite it seems that most dlc has based on TSW2 in it's description and is linked to TSW3 for the game page.

But after buying a couple can confirm two things, first the original pages for Train Sim World dlc is all gone. Second even though they are gone buying any of the new dlc pages will give you the dlc in all games it's registered too. So if a dlc was in 1, 2 and 3 you will get a copy of the dlc to use for each game. If it was only available in 2 and 3 you will just get one each for those, etc.

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 9:12 AM, Paperclip1776 said:

@EdinhoN,

The following Upcoming Delistings can be removed from the list:

• PS4 Train Sim World - Additional Expansions
  • PS4/NA Train Sim World 2: Set 2
  • PS4/EU Train Sim World 2: Set 2
  • Train Sim World 2: Set 3
  • Train Sim World 2: Set 4
Confirmed all DLC is available for the PS4 version listed and is compatible with Train Sim World 3.  Below is the source I found that indicates that the DLC content moved forward with Train Sim World 3.  I think this content was listed because at the time it wasn't clear if the DLC content for Train Sim World and Train Sim World 2 was going to be delisted along with the base games on the PS Store. 

I'm confirming that this DLC content is currently available on the PS Store and there's no plans indicated to delist this DLC content.

Its a weird one though, i could only get DLC for TSW2 to show up in TSW1 in game screen. Yes thats right. The dlc for the 2nd game wouldnt appear on the 2nd game... but it does on the 1st. Now its possible this is a bug, but it wasnt doing it before TSW3 came out.

14 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Alright went though the dlc tonite it seems that most dlc has based on TSW2 in it's description and is linked to TSW3 for the game page.

But after buying a couple can confirm two things, first the original pages for Train Sim World dlc is all gone. Second even though they are gone buying any of the new dlc pages will give you the dlc in all games it's registered too. So if a dlc was in 1, 2 and 3 you will get a copy of the dlc to use for each game. If it was only available in 2 and 3 you will just get one each for those, etc.

Dovetail are charging us again for the new double format version though! I own GWR on TSW2 (and 1) and its telling me to play it on 2 or 3 i have to pay 24.99 to buy it again for the new PS4/PS5 version. Its a bit of a scam, dovetail scandal continues.