Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

For those worried about Modnation Star Creator trophy... you can SELF BOOST it... I did that trophy last year in roughly 3 days. You simply create 15 dummy accts on your ps3 and rate all your published creations with each acct. Then go to your creations and unpublish all of them and then republish them and then rate them all again with those same 15 accounts. As you rank up you can publish more. I believe 50 or 60 slots eventually become the max. Much easier than relying on others to rate and saves you the hassle of actually rating others as well. The hot lap trophy is the bitch. When I did mine I got so good at it that I did it for 5 other people all in one day while they created 200+ dummy accts and completed a lap each with those accounts so the top 30 ppl would get the trophy. Luckily all 5 of them got their trophy thanks to me.

Why are the servers for Hitman Absolution going down? What exactly is GDPR and could it happen to other games as well?

By the way I picked back H:Absolution and I was surprised how the online trophies were easy, in roughly 30-40 minutes I've done them all except the 1,000,000 $ trophy but I guess I'll do it in another pair of games/contracts

33 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

Why are the servers for Hitman Absolution going down? What exactly is GDPR and could it happen to other games as well?

By the way I picked back H:Absolution and I was surprised how the online trophies were easy, in roughly 30-40 minutes I've done them all except the 1,000,000 $ trophy but I guess I'll do it in another pair of games/contracts

Basically GDPR are new EU laws that come in to effect on 25th May that deal with how companies deal with personal data. It affects any company anywhere in the world that deals with customers/clients/business partners etc that reside in the EU. There are some pretty large fines for companies that fail to comply.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, giggedy said:

Basically GDPR are new EU laws that come in to effect on 25th May that deal with how companies deal with personal data. It affects any company anywhere in the world that deals with customers/clients/business partners etc that reside in the EU. There are some pretty large fines for companies that fail to comply.

Oh I see, thanks for explanation! 

Let's just hope it won't affect other games, at least Hitman Absolution's online part is a piece of cake, but with more difficult and grindy games 10 days wouldn't be enough... 

21 hours ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

How long does it take to get online trophies from starting the game? Is it hard for someone who has not played any hitman game (apart from go)?

2 hours ago, Champion-Anakin said:

How long does it take to get online trophies from starting the game? Is it hard for someone who has not played any hitman game (apart from go)?

Well I got 6/8 trophies in 25-30 minutes, and the other 2 trophies were easy too (although you need to play a contract created by a friend for 1 trophy, if you don't have any friends who got the game you can use an alt account).

The longest trophy is Set for Life where you have to collect $1,000,000 from contracts, it's doable in roughly 10-12 contracts that pay you 80,000 - 120,000 dollars.

When I started Hitman Absolution I played a few story missions then I left it in the backlog and it was the first Hitman game I ever played so don't worry about it. 

Has anyone looked into the matter enough to conclude if we should be worried about other games closing without a heads-up because of the GDPR? What major releases could have a high risk of not bothering with a warning at all?

3 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Has anyone looked into the matter enough to conclude if we should be worried about other games closing without a heads-up because of the GDPR? What major releases could have a high risk of not bothering with a warning at all?

That's impossible to predict, however we'll probably see many of the minor games shutting down without warning, it can be a negative event close to what Gamespy shutdown was.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

That's impossible to predict, however we'll probably see many of the minor games shutting down without warning, it can be a negative event close to what Gamespy shutdown was.

That was my assumption. Though I'd like to believe that at the very least Sony will be diligent with heads up for their first party franchises. Hopefully the major publishers too.

1 minute ago, NamoPh said:

That was my assumption. Though I'd like to believe that at the very least Sony will be diligent with heads up for their first party franchises. Hopefully the major publishers too.

Major publishers are supposed to be safe, as they need to comply with EU new laws to be able to keep their businesses.

It will hit minor publishers really hard, as if they weren't profiting enough from their online games, they will surely be closed. Take Loadout as example

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

it can be a negative event close to what Gamespy shutdown was.

Nah for now we're losing the online mode of a PS3 game (maybe temporarily) and the other titles are mostly PC F2P games or MMORPGs.

I didn't know that Gravity is shutting down the EU servers for their games...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Major publishers are supposed to be safe, as they need to comply with EU new laws to be able to keep their businesses.

It will hit minor publishers really hard, as if they weren't profiting enough from their online games, they will surely be closed. Take Loadout as example

I'm also wondering if old games from big publishers like ea with dead space 3 or crysis 2/3 will shutdown. I mean there is not really interesting anymore so why update

Project Cars platinum is obtainable. They've added new event schedule with the last event starting on 10th November 2018 so there is plenty of time to get Community Ambassador trophy.
Source:

EDIT: Nevermind. It has already been on "Confirmed Upcoming Shutdowns" list :)

Edited by VahrionPL

9 hours ago, MrMaximusHTO said:

I think it was only last year they revamped the servers on crysis 2 so that would suprise me 

I'll also add to the comments about the Crysis games and that is... As much as people hate EA for what they do with their games, they will announce a server shutdown at least 30 days in advance and GDPR was outlined to companies prior to that. Depending on the time of year that the Crysis games do get announced to shut down, Crysis 2 won't be doable in 30 days because of the Dedication trophy, which either unlocks 6 months after a person has played the game for the first time, or unlocks on January 1st if the person played it in the previous year. Crysis 3 was one of the worst servers I ever played online with, constant network errors and people not being able to get into the party, but the online is completely doable with 30 days notice. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1