Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

4 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Nobody is questioning why its December though. This isn't EA being nice. More shutdowns are coming you watch and ill put money on it that NfS hot pursuit and Most Wanted will be announced soon. Along with Crysis 3, Brutal Legend and Dantes Inferno. All theorizing at this point, but ask yourselves why they've announced 8 months in advance. 

Are you going to post your hypothesis somewhere now so in December we can all see what you speculated so long ago?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Nobody is questioning why its December though. This isn't EA being nice. More shutdowns are coming you watch and ill put money on it that NfS hot pursuit and Most Wanted will be announced soon. Along with Crysis 3, Brutal Legend and Dantes Inferno. All theorizing at this point, but ask yourselves why they've announced 8 months in advance. 

Because it's Battlefield. That's why.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Are you going to post your hypothesis somewhere now so in December we can all see what you speculated so long ago?

Although it's speculation on the details, fact is that EA seems to be cleaning up for PS3: Medal of honor, NFS games, Mirror's Edge already closed and Battlefield now announced, just to name a few recent ones.

More shutdowns for other EA PS3 games that are not P2P are probably coming in the next 1-2 years so if people still want those... they better start them now instead of being jumped by a shutdown.

At least EA seems (so far) to announce them with sufficient time left to get them. Battlefield 1 needs some time for the kills and other stuff so those that are going for it don't need to no life it luckily.

Edited by Kolm
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

All theorizing at this point, but ask yourselves why they've announced 8 months in advance. 

Because Bad Company 2 is still a popular game today. It's not abandoned. Bad Company 1 too, it still has small, but dedicated playerbase. And so does 1943. There's no conspiracy.

But yes, more games will die this year, no doubt about it, EA is on a killing spree.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Yikes, I was planning on doing Syndicate soon so I need to jump on it. I know one of them (Oh No You Didn't) is a priority once I start on it.

I plan on doing it too, hit me up. 

5 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

2023 the EA 7th Gen Massacre 

Not just EA its the 7th gen massacre in general. A lot of games are going to die this year. 

21 minutes ago, SliK6SiK said:

Syndicate on June 15 and Shadows of the Damned on March 28 (no online AFAIK)

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/legal/service-updates/r-z

Edit: Did they seriously stealth add Syndicate with this BF update to that list? Lol...

They did this stealth shite with other games and those actually did get shut down. But then Syndicate isnt a massively known IP unlike Battlefield i guess. Still, the word to describe them begins with C and can't be mentioned here. 

Shadows of the Damned? What online features? Does it have things like leaderboards or something? AFAIK the game is fully singleplayer.

ps: apparently BF1943 will be toast on consoles but it will continue to exist on PC as a mod/total conversion for Battlefield 2.

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

It doesn't even have DLC or digital versions (at least, not on PS3... Xbox Marketplace says "unavailable separately", but separately from what, exactly?)

I Platted SotD a few years ago but don't remember there being any online features in it at all so have zero idea what EA is turning off next week.

Started Syndicate 1 month ago ha damn it was a good idea,I never hit the spot quite like that before.Always a good idea to focus on EA games...they're the 2nd in line when it comes to loving killing their games,1st one being greedy ass,disrespectful Sony.

Still have 6 EA games left to do on PS3...better move,hope I can get rid of all their online trophies in 2023.And will go even more hopeful and hope for no more shutdown announcements lol.

• Like 4

Say what you will about EA but they seem to be one of the few that let servers run longer then the others do so kudos to them on that.  It was inevitable and they seem to be trending on shutting down their PS3 games servers so that only leaves that Battlefield series, Need For Speed series - crud I better get started on Dead Space 3 already as that is EA too.

- Mass Effect 3

- Syndicate

- Brutal Legend

- Crysis 3

Can anyone think of other PS3 EA games still online as those are liable to shutdown sooner then later.

Edited by Staufway
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Staufway said:

Can anyone think of other PS3 EA games still online as those are liable to shutdown sooner then later.

Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space Ignition, Dead Space 2, Dead Space 3, NFS Most Wanted PS3 and Vita, NFS Rivals, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline. 

Those are next. Possibly their PS4 versions too for NFS R, BF4 and BF HL.

And Dante's Inferno which I believe got fixed and is still obtainable. SSX too!

Edited by tony_snake_24
Dante's Inferno
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space Ignition, Dead Space 2, Dead Space 3, NFS Most Wanted PS3 and Vita, NFS Rivals, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline. 

Those are next. Possibly their PS4 versions too for NFS R, BF4 and BF HL.

And Dante's Inferno which I believe got fixed and is still obtainable.

Mass Effect 3 PS3 as well since it requires online for the complete prepareness trophy.

Damn, EA is putting the pressure on us, trophy completionists. Time to knock out the rest of the trials i have in Dante's Inferno (2 in single player, 2 in coop mode). Good luck i have the forest prequel level already purchased and downloaded. And i can confirm Shadows of the Damned has no online features. ¿WTF, EA?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

ME2 and DS2 are offline Plats so any online features they have, are irrelevant to getting the Plat :). EDIT: I've created a list on .org of all the EA PS3 games with online trophies that aren't on the shutdown list but are at risk of server closure: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/309260-server-shutdowns-and-unobtainable-trophies/?do=findComment&comment=6230359

Note that some Brutal Legend trophies can be done solo with bots, the only 1 requiring online is viral trophy iirc.

Nah, I misremembered, base game do need online.

Also add SSX.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 1