Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Some things to keep in mind:

- Don't count on there being the same trophy when/if the game returns 'in 2024.'

- There's no guarantee it will return.

- The trophy list looks painful. If you choosing between this, Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2, Battlefield 1943 and Syndicate, you'll have a rough several months.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

https://multiversus.com/en/news/open-beta-update

the Multiversus open beta is closing on June 25th and the game will launch/return at some point in "Early 2024" 

extensive Q and A is in the link but here is some important ones:

other info:

• the battle pass is being extend until closure with daily missions also being available, however weekly seasonal milestones won't be updated after March 31st (not sure if this is tied to trophies or not)
  • all in game items, currency etc you have when the beta closes will be transferred when the game relaunches 

In a few words: I have less than 2 months to plat the game. Houston, we have a new priority.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Vampirehunter145 said:

In a few words: I have less than 2 months to plat the game. Houston, we have a new priority.

You can easily do it even by yourself with another console/platform. The only tedious part of it is the painful grinding. It's the only reason I didn't went for it. I just didn't have the patience for it and now that it will be delisted/taken down until further notice, I just won't bother with it. ?

I can no longer directly purchase Shikhondo - Soul Eater from the NA store. However, the game is also part of the Indie Darling Bundle Vol. 3 listing.

Does that mean this game is not truly delisted? Or would it just not actually be downloadable if someone bought the bundle moving forward? 

And by the way, I was under the impression from reading earlier that this would be discounted after it was announced to be leaving storefronts. That didn't happen for the NA PSN store; I assume this occurred only for the JP store.

EDIT: Indie Darling Bundle Vol. 3 is now also gone.

Edited by luketheduke12
New info
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, luketheduke12 said:

I can no longer directly purchase Shikhondo - Soul Eater from the NA store. However, the game is also part of the Indie Darling Bundle Vol. 3 listing.

Does that mean this game is not truly delisted? Or would it just not actually be downloadable if someone bought the bundle moving forward? 

And by the way, I was under the impression from reading earlier that this would be discounted after it was announced to be leaving storefronts. That didn't happen for the NA PSN store; I assume this occurred only for the JP store.

It should be playable if purchased from that bundle. The bundle is great news!

The discount did happen from March 1st or so until March 15th in asian stores only, as only Eastasiasoft had confirmed the discount (they are the publishers for asian territories). It was the cheapest it's ever been, about 2€/$ in HK, which is where I bought it from. I did make a post here on the 11th talking about the discount when I noticed it.

7 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

Play asia has physical if you want that 

https://www.play-asia.com/shikhondo-soul-eater/13/70c5st

7 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

It should be playable if purchased from that bundle. The bundle is great news!

The discount did happen from March 1st or so until March 15th in asian stores only, as only Eastasiasoft had confirmed the discount (they are the publishers for asian territories). It was the cheapest it's ever been, about 2€/$ in HK, which is where I bought it from. I did make a post here on the 11th talking about the discount when I noticed it.

I was thinking of this possibility when I posted that but didn't mention it... As I feared, Indie Darling Bundle Vol. 3 has also been delisted since my comment.

Ah okay, it was just Asian stores. I only have an NA account, so I suppose I was out of luck.

55 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Play asia has physical if you want that 

https://www.play-asia.com/shikhondo-soul-eater/13/70c5st

That's neat, thanks. I never had any particular interest in the game but would've snagged it if it had been discounted after the announcement. A physical exceeds the value I've placed on it, but at least it's an option.

14 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

The publishers can't declare scheduled sales themselves, rather Sony creates themed sale events and product managers invite their select customers = publishers to participate. The willing publishers then adjust the product price to their choosing within the sale schedule on Sony's publishing portal.

You're expecting Sony is a single entity and the publishers are a single entity, but this is not true. Sony companies are separate entities per region and legislation, and the publishers are separate entities per region and legislation. Eastasiasoft is the publisher and was invited to make a sale on a product in Hong Kong, but they weren't the publisher and couldn't be invited to make a sale in the US (or any other region) for the same product, within the same timeline.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ars said:

The publishers can't declare scheduled sales themselves, rather Sony creates themed sale events and product managers invite their select customers = publishers to participate. The willing publishers then adjust the product price to their choosing within the sale schedule on Sony's publishing portal.

You're expecting Sony is a single entity and the publishers are a single entity, but this is not true. Sony companies are separate entities per region and legislation, and the publishers are separate entities per region and legislation. Eastasiasoft is the publisher and was invited to make a sale on a product in Hong Kong, but they weren't the publisher and couldn't be invited to make a sale in the US (or any other region) for the same product, within the same timeline.

From my understanding from a publisher, any publisher can request a temporary price reduction on any of their titles when they choose, but being included in Sonys marketing and promotional sale events is dictated by Sony and they would just have to rely on other methods of communication to drive awareness if they aren’t part of a promotion. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

From my understanding from a publisher, any publisher can request a temporary price reduction on any of their titles when they choose, but being included in Sonys marketing and promotional sale events is dictated by Sony and they would just have to rely on other methods of communication to drive awareness if they aren’t part of a promotion. 

True, I'm basing my info on a few outputs (which are probably the same you have.) The point towards the posters was any product sales would not match across regions, unless the publisher had global rights and Sony themselves organized a mutual sale across those regions :)

• Like 3

The servers for Big City stories are still up as of 1st April.

I’ll check again later today but they might not switch off till Monday due to it being a weekend?

either that or it’s one big April fools joke by the devs