Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

The German PSN Store updated the Twisted Metal and Allstars Battle Royal product page. The servers are now set to shut down on 31 january 2019. Sound Shapes still says 25th october. Warhawk is delisted.

Edit:

Proof for Twisted Metal: https://i.imgur.com/vKJt6AW.jpg

Proof for Playstation Allstars: https://i.imgur.com/aY5o7gK.jpg

I can confirm Warhawk for the Australian store, however the DLC is still available, might be a good idea to purchase it ASAP.

Just checked Polish PSN:

Confirmed:

Twisted Metal - Multi-player and all online features for this product will be terminated and will no longer be available from 31/01/2019

Playstation All-Star Battle Royale - Multi-player and all online features for this product will be terminated and will no longer be available from 31/01/2019

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Letenko22 said:

I can confirm Warhawk for the Australian store, however the DLC is still available, might be a good idea to purchase it ASAP.

Not in Europe. They're so stupid that they've removed some content for MotorStorm Apocalypse despite being fully usable in singleplayer.

Edited by Lance_87

This is pretty awesome. I think I am going to look out for Warhawk and Twisted Metal and focus on those games during the closing months of this year.

After all the flack a lot of us have given Sony lately, myself included and a lot of it quite deservedly, I do think they deserve a pat on the back for this one. Not only because of the extension, but for the decent communication about it for a change,

5 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Well fuck. Having to do all the death modes levels in a  single day on Sounds Shape was very stressful.

Thanks Sony... I guess?

I did them over a weekend and to be honest, I am quite pleased that Sony gave me a deadline now that I have them done. Otherwise they might have remained stale on my profile for months or even years to come. Having to do them in a single day though, yeah that sounds stressful :) On the other hand, they would not have become unobtainable like the other games.

3 hours ago, dragon11gggg said:

Is the online pass for twisted metal gone from the store. I can't seem to find it.  

Typical Sony Behaviour. They delist stuff that could still be used before or after the shutdown. LOL.

And they're still selling the Axel vehicle DLC, despite it being available for free through game updates.

Perhaps it'll be useful for people going for the invincibility glitch...

Edited by Lance_87

Hmmmmm, so Warhawk, Twisted Metal, PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, and Sound Shapes got their services extended until January 31, 2019 at 12:00 AM PT., eh? That's really nice of them to do that and with proper communication even.

Might look into doing any of those before that, probably Twisted Metal or PASBR. Although this is a big MIGHT because I'm not fond of getting those games on digital nor of having to spend extra an extra amount of money on some crappy pass to access the online...

Still, the gesture is very much appreciated. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Wait, Twisted Metal needs an online pass? Cheers for the heads up. Because then I'd better just buy digital and stop looking for a cheap physical copy, especially if the pass has been delisted now (I can't find it either).

It has definitely been delisted. I had bookmarked the link to it (U.S. store) and it says no longer available. The campaign glitch can only be done on the disc version, and in order to sync Warthog you have to play one online game, which requires the pass. The online pass included with the digital version is not compatible with the physical version. As of now, it will be impossible to play online with a physical copy unless you already purchased the online pass or had previously added it to your account from a voucher (which expired a few years ago).

23 minutes ago, olivetheturtle said:

It has definitely been delisted. I had bookmarked the link to it (U.S. store) and it says no longer available. The campaign glitch can only be done on the disc version, and in order to sync Warthog you have to play one online game, which requires the pass. The online pass included with the digital version is not compatible with the physical version. As of now, it will be impossible to play online with a physical copy unless you already purchased the online pass or had previously added it to your account from a voucher (which expired a few years ago).

So help me out here please... I have the digital version from when it was free on PS plus. Here are my questions:

1. Did that come with an online pass?

2. Can I play the MP on the digital version and then buy a used physical to do the glitch and finish up the rest of the single player trophies?

Thanks!

40 minutes ago, olivetheturtle said:

It's similar to The Last of Us: the digital version is playable online without anything.

Edited by Lance_87

30 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

So help me out here please... I have the digital version from when it was free on PS plus. Here are my questions:

1. Did that come with an online pass?

2. Can I play the MP on the digital version and then buy a used physical to do the glitch and finish up the rest of the single player trophies?

Thanks!

yes and yes, any digi game has the pass included.