Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 10:35 PM, Gibbo_0113 said:

Whether it is easy enough to complete the trophies with AI bots remains unsaid.

All Comrades trophies should be obtainable offline as long as you grind properly. Last boss MUST be done with bots anyway and it's the biggest difficulty spike in the DLC.

Kenny's trophy is purely RNG, should be obtainable also, I got it randomly with bots in NA stack. However it's guaranteed to pop if you find 4 players in a daily mission.

On 11/24/2018 at 11:38 PM, NekoRave said:

Times for invokers is a very low estimate, considering level 75s are facing level 1 players you will lose more frequently.

500 hours is a safer estimate but I'd put 500-800 hours to be safe.

Just updating you on the current state of the game, also note the 30 kills in a match can be unobtainable (well obtainable still however..... If you can't find new players and match with level 75 players you won't get 30 kills in a match due to the severe unbalance.)

Also I remember you in that game haha.

Glad I got it done.

Oh and hopefully the developer updates a new season soon if not divisions and champion will be unobtainable.

And noting players have to get a rare weapon asap in the store as it rotates twice a week and you have few rotations to get *lucky* to have a rare weapon that you can equip at your level.

So many factors for this game, but I will add the game is a minimal 500 hours for average players.

Even if you got 2,000 average per match exp losses and wins calculated its about 525 hours just about.

Hopefully level 75 players stop matching with new players, but just informing you to at least have 500 hours put down for this so players know how much time they have to complete.

Thanks for the heads-up I've updated the info

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

All Comrades trophies should be obtainable offline as long as you grind properly. Last boss MUST be done with bots anyway and it's the biggest difficulty spike in the DLC.

Kenny's trophy is purely RNG, should be obtainable also, I got it randomly with bots in NA stack. However it's guaranteed to pop if you find 4 players in a daily 

Problem still is that its unsure if se are going to patch it out and/or if it the patch can be degraded. But honestly I think that we are fine indeed.

5 hours ago, Myu said:

I'm an idiot, I should have paid more attention to this thread. I've just noticed the Just Dance series being mentioned. Can someone confirm that it's only about the PS3 version?

Just Dance 2014 and 2015 are unobtainable on both PS3 and PS4. The others are just PS3. 

5 hours ago, BTips_ said:

Just Dance 2014 and 2015 are unobtainable on both PS3 and PS4. The others are just PS3. 

Thanks! I guess I better hurry with Just Dance 2016 before they decide to remove it too. All those server shutdowns are starting to being a major pain in the *ss. And it's probably only the beginning.

2 hours ago, Myu said:

Thanks! I guess I better hurry with Just Dance 2016 before they decide to remove it too. All those server shutdowns are starting to being a major pain in the *ss. And it's probably only the beginning.

Not the beginning at all, we're right at the Eye Of the Storm for a couple months now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Not the beginning at all, we're right at the Eye Of the Storm for a couple months now.

I don't play lots of multi/co-op games. That's probably why it didn't catch my attention until recently. :/ It makes me think that I should hurry with games that have been on my to-do list for a long time, like FFXIV for example.

Edited by Myu

Not exactly related to shutdowns, but i think they completely shut down Unreal Tournament III, which was already shut down years ago anyway. I mean, they shutdown the mods server, there were 23 downloadable items, they were still available years after the multiplayer shutdown, but they're still downloadable from other mod websites anyway.

25 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Not exactly related to shutdowns, but i think they completely shut down Unreal Tournament III, which was already shut down years ago anyway. I mean, they shutdown the mods server, there were 23 downloadable items, they were still available years after the multiplayer shutdown, but they're still downloadable from other mod websites anyway.

Sorry, I've not played this myself so maybe that's why I'm not understanding what you mean about downloadable items with UT3. Although the servers are down, @NeM2k2's Gonespy makes the Unreal Tournament 3 Platinum completely obtainable again. 

4 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Sorry, I've not played this myself so maybe that's why I'm not understanding what you mean about downloadable items with UT3. Although the servers are down, @NeM2k2's Gonespy makes the Unreal Tournament 3 Platinum completely obtainable again. 

Downloadable mods were separate from the online servers. GoneSpy will never bring back those mods, but they're manually downloadable elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Sydoki said:

In regards to FFXV: Just to be sure! Server closure only affects 10 Comrades trophies (across 2 Comrades DLC lists)? Does it affect anything from the base game or any DLCs?

Not so much a server closure as they're moving Comrades to standalone. So, supposedly if you don't update your game after December 15th or something, you should be good to go for offline. 

Edited by Armored Squirrel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Not so much a server closure as they're moving Comrades to standalone. So, supposedly if you don't update your game after December 15th or something, you should be good to go for offline. 

That's not really what I asked ☺️ Finished Comrades but kinda scared that I'm missing something else you know?)

2 hours ago, Sydoki said:

That's not really what I asked 263a.png Finished Comrades but kinda scared that I'm missing something else you know?)

From what I gathered, the move won't affect other trophies aside from the Comrade DLCs. I'm assuming people would still be able to do the multiplayer on FFXV (the weekly events things), though it's been ages since I've played the game (was when there was probably only two DLCs out haha)

I can’t be arsed to read through 8 pages of people whining about how much notice is given on server closures since the last time I checked this thread. I saw something on a previous page about killzone shadow fall closing but it isn’t on the list on the first page. Is it closing or not?

can we just keep this thread to factual information about server closure dates and moan about the notice period given elsewhere?

• Like 1