Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

2 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

I can’t be arsed to read through 8 pages of people whining about how much notice is given on server closures since the last time I checked this thread. I saw something on a previous page about killzone shadow fall closing but it isn’t on the list on the first page. Is it closing or not?

can we just keep this thread to factual information about server closure dates and moan about the notice period given elsewhere?

Shadow Fall isn't going anywhere just yet but I wouldn't dawdle if you want the Platinum/100%, because Sony could pull the plug at any time between now and when the PS5 is released in a couple of years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

I can’t be arsed to read through 8 pages of people whining about how much notice is given on server closures since the last time I checked this thread. I saw something on a previous page about killzone shadow fall closing but it isn’t on the list on the first page. Is it closing or not?

can we just keep this thread to factual information about server closure dates and moan about the notice period given elsewhere?

> checks list on front page

> Crtl + F "killzone"

> no killzone shadowfall

> easy, so if you are just looking for information, you could have easily checked instead of going to the pages.

Also making a whining post about people whining is whining even more. Since nobody is actually doing what you descriped atm, there is no need to bring it in...

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

That won't help if you're omitting the : anyway -_-

It also doesn’t help if you use the website solely on your phone like I do. 

7 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

> Crtl + F "killzone"

> no killzone shadowfall

> easy, so if you are just looking for information, you could have easily checked instead of going to the pages.

Also making a whining post about people whining is whining even more. Since nobody is actually doing what you descriped atm, there is no need to bring it in...

I’m not whining, I’m pointing out that people are clogging up this thread with comments that are not relevant. Which has been previously mentioned both by the OP and others. If you want to bitch about that, make a thread about it instead of ruining this thread. 

But its nice to see that this website has not changed whatsoever. Ask a question and get only one person being helpful and the rest of the responses from assholes. This website is the most hostile and least welcoming community I ever tried to be a part of lol. 

2 minutes ago, turpinator1986 said:

I’m not whining, I’m pointing out that people are clogging up this thread with comments that are not relevant. Which has been previously mentioned both by the OP and others. If you want to bitch about that, make a thread about it instead of ruining this thread. 

14 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Shadow Fall isn't going anywhere just yet but I wouldn't dawdle if you want the Platinum/100%, because Sony could pull the plug at any time between now and when the PS5 is released in a couple of years.

Thank you for being the only person to actually offer up a friendly response ??

Edited by turpinator1986
  • Like 1

I guess I just don't know how to forum.

Just now, pinkrobot_pb said:

If you do not feel like reading the whole thread (I don't blame you) there really is no need to do so. Just stick to the first post. This topic is still very much updated regularly, so all the confirmed server shutdowns will end up there soon enough.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Oke, then search manually... The amount of games in the list is not all that big

As a "subscriber" of this thread as many others are, I can say that the whining mentioned by OP and others solely come from notification spam. Sometimes when a game just gets on the list, people are stressing out and will post in this thread. Sometimes it is game related, and sometimes discussions here goes beyond games. With games like Twisted metal, we got maybe every 2 hours a notification and that is not why we are subscriped. We only really want to receive notifications when a new game gets shutdowned. So if I get a game related but not new discussion notification every 2 hours, I will also get annoyed.. Like what I'm and you are doing now (in some hypocritical sense) will annoy others.. (sorry). But I can 100% assure you that nobody whines about not being able to find a certain shutdown notice in the 43 pages long thread.

But its nice to see that this website has not changed whatsoever. Ask a question and get only one person being helpful and the rest of the responses from assholes. This website is the most hostile and least welcoming community I ever tried to be a part of lol. 

Butbutbut... I helped you (sort of) :'(

> Crtl + F "killzone"

> no killzone shadowfall

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Thanks, but it has only games with trophies...

You're unlikely to find an up to date list for games without trophies, because there's no impetus to put the effort in. If they don't have trophies they're definitely several years old, so what motivation would one have to do that? Even if one did want to do the research, there's no way it would be a complete list, given that he wouldn't even be able to cross-reference them with this site.

Speaking of, this made me realize, do old shutdowns get removed after a while? I seem to recall Darksiders II used to be listed here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

You're unlikely to find an up to date list for games without trophies, because there's no impetus to put the effort in. If they don't have trophies they're definitely several years old, so what motivation would one have to do that? Even if one did want to do the research, there's no way it would be a complete list, given that he wouldn't even be able to cross-reference them with this site.

Speaking of, this made me realize, do old shutdowns get removed after a while? I seem to recall Darksiders II used to be listed here.

I'll never understand this "racism" with trophy-less games. There are several games with working/non-working servers, they're the same as games with trophies. I could help in eventually listing some of them. Darksiders II was shut down in 2016 and this list doesn't cover that year anymore...

Edited by Lance_87

23 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I'll never understand this "racism" with trophy-less games. There are several games with working/non-working servers, they're the same as games with trophies. I could help in eventually listing some of them. Darksiders II was shut down in 2016 and this list doesn't cover that year anymore...

Is this post serious? Probably because this is "Upcoming Server Shutdowns"

There's a separate post with unattainable trophies. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Is this post serious? Probably because this is "Upcoming Server Shutdowns"

There's a separate post with unattainable trophies. 

Can't you even read? Gibbo_0113 already fulfilled my request.

Also some games got their servers shut down but the Platinum/100% is still obtainable. Where should these games go? For example Resistance 3.

Edited by Lance_87

2 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Any update on Splinter Cell Blacklist? Daily and weekly challenges are offline atm. 

Ubisoft confirmed a while back that they had turned the Challege servers off for good so if you didn't get the respective trophies before the servers were switched off, the Platinum is now completely unobtainable :(.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Ubisoft confirmed a while back that they had turned the Challege servers off for good so if you didn't get the respective trophies before the servers were switched off, the Platinum is now completely unobtainable :(.

Thanks for the answer, I haven't started but I am checking from time to time with an alt account. Shame it was a nice stealth action game. The problem for the challenges comes from shadownet's ssl certificate, right? Such a simple solution :/

Just now, johncnstntn__ said:

Thanks for the answer, I haven't started but I am checking from time to time with an alt account. Shame it was a nice stealth action game. The problem for the challenges comes from shadownet's ssl certificate, right? Such a simple solution :/

I've no idea what the actual problem was but Ubisoft decided they couldn't be bothered to stump up the cash to fix it so chose the cheap option of simply closing the servers :(.

Online is still functional, http://shadownet.splintercell.com/#!/home/single-player this is the broken part, doesn't generate any challenges. A simple website.

Someone from Ubi support staff posted this 25 min ago; it's under investigation they say.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1950124-Daily-and-weekly-challenges-not-appearing/page3

Edited by johncnstntn__
  • Like 3

STOP WITH THE SPAM BOIS.

4 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

It's pretty easy to understand, since people like me will die hard on certain never even played games to get all mp trophies before shutdown. For example I had no intention into platting twisted metal before the shutdown was announced. I heared about it, but never played it, I had no connection with that game before the announcement...  After us people the only other people who cares are the die hard community. And those die hard connections are not connected to each other, like we do with trophies.

About the trophy-less games though, you can sorta find out yourself. First go to this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games_released_on_disc (there is also probably a digital version) and sort it on release date. The older the game, the less likely it is to have a trophy list. Search on google for that specific game with "servers?" and badaboom you know your answer.

1 hour ago, CapitanoEstebano said:

Recently purchased Burnout Paradise for the Playstation 3. As I’m aware servers are still up but was looking for the dlc in the Playstation Store and couldn’t find it anywhere. Can someone confirm if the dlc has been delisted? 

I can only find the DLC but not the game itself.

Edited by Lance_87