Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

35 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Anyone else think the Call of Duty servers will end up going down? They are all Activision games after all.

Some of them are already quite broken. 

Black Ops 1 for example Cinema Mode doesn't work anymore. It actually even makes one trophy unavailable unless you know someone who still has a clip saved and let's you watch it. 

Modern Warfare 3 had its Matchmaking broken for a few months, but it kind of fixed itself magically. Multiplayer isn't required for trophies though. 

Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops servers are very bad. Sometimes it won't even work at all, but it's still obtainable. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Some of them are already quite broken. 

Black Ops 1 for example Cinema Mode doesn't work anymore. It actually even makes one trophy unavailable unless you know someone who still has a clip saved and let's you watch it. 

Modern Warfare 3 had its Matchmaking broken for a few months, but it kind of fixed itself magically. Multiplayer isn't required for trophies though. 

Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops servers are very bad. Sometimes it won't even work at all, but it's still obtainable. 

Wow. I forgot all about that theater mode trophy in BO1. Fortunately I got the platinum years ago, but what about co-op zombies? I still need to get around to doing the Easter egg for Call of the Dead and Shangri-La. What about Ghosts for PS3? Do you know if its multiplayer has hackers? there's still two DLC maps I got to play on to shoot the eggs to get the last two egg trophies.

2 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

Wow. I forgot all about that theater mode trophy in BO1. Fortunately I got the platinum years ago, but what about co-op zombies? I still need to get around to doing the Easter egg for Call of the Dead and Shangri-La. What about Ghosts for PS3? Do you know if its multiplayer has hackers? there's still two DLC maps I got to play on to shoot the eggs to get the last two egg trophies.

I think ghosts can be done in private matches. 

Zombies still works fine, but better don't play public to avoid hackers 

12 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's official, Activision strikes again and closes a load of games then retroactively updates the server closure list :(: https://support.activision.com/articles/legacy-activision-games

All of the Transformers games are officially toast :( . I would now consider all of Activision's PS3 and early PS4 games with online trophies, to be ticking time bombs that could go off at anytime :(.

I'm getting the same message on Fall of Cybertron and Rise of the Dark Spark on PS4 so I'm guessing they shared the same servers.

I think the biggest piss off I'd anyways people are staying home and playing games right now all over the place. If they even gave a two month window they probably could've seen this games the busiest they've been in a long while.

Also seeing Mutants in Manhattan getting mentioned alot Imma make a session for it

10 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

You can sort by year or console, up to you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Activision_video_games

I've been on that wikipedia page..
  Call of Duty | 2004 | PlayStation 3

But.. PS3 release date was November 11, 2006.
So is it even reliable and maintained?

Still a good place to start.. thanks.

Hey guys,

As I mentioned, it's a bit of a stumbling block. Unannounced as of yet, but TrueTrophies now has Developer and Publisher tracking. Mixed with the flagging features, it should get you there though it's not in a friendly format for this particular task:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/publisher/Activision

Here's the landing page for all of the games: https://www.(URL not allowed)/publisher/Activision/games

Click on a game, and use the flag filters to show which games have "Online" and which games have "Discontinued" (Server/Feature no longer functions). If there are no flags, feel free to poke me and I'll have the team fill it out, or submit the information yourself.

I can dump the information here later in a usable format when I have more time, but still trying to work the kinks out of this new system for Publisher/Developer.

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Click on a game, and use the flag filters to show which games have "Online" and which games have "Discontinued" (Server/Feature no longer functions). If there are no flags, feel free to poke me and I'll have the team fill it out, or submit the information yourself.

The flags are only available as a filtering option once you're in a game webpage, right?
Or is there a way to filter all online/offline games, that would be tremendously helpful.

12 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

You don't have to play with other people on ghosts to shoot the hives in the multiplayer maps, there's an easier way to do it

via pst.org - poster jagripino

Confirmed: You can get this in squads all by yourself. The method is to go to Squads, select Safeguard, and instead of "Find Game" simply go to the last option "Play Now" - a random map will come up. If it's one you don't need, press circle to go back one screen. If it's one you need, go get your egg. Don't forget that you need to go to the related Extinction map and drill/scan one hive to its completion before it will pop up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

The flags are only available as a filtering option once you're in a game webpage, right?
Or is there a way to filter all online/offline games, that would be tremendously helpful.

Unfortunately not a way to filter all games, just individual games. Sorry. It's something I've brought up to have done in the past, but since we're storing some of this information for the Sales pages I'm hoping to get it exposed soon for the game page listings, at least for Online and Unobtainable/Discontinued.

Will be flagging the Transformers games here shortly. We've just got a lot going on right now and very few members available to do it right now, so hopefully by tonight.

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

You don't have to play with other people on ghosts to shoot the hives in the multiplayer maps, there's an easier way to do it

via pst.org - poster jagripino

Confirmed: You can get this in squads all by yourself. The method is to go to Squads, select Safeguard, and instead of "Find Game" simply go to the last option "Play Now" - a random map will come up. If it's one you don't need, press circle to go back one screen. If it's one you need, go get your egg. Don't forget that you need to go to the related Extinction map and drill/scan one hive to its completion before it will pop up.

Yes... thank you!! I never knew that. when I had a friend share the DLC with me a few years back I attempted this all in multiplayer. Had I have known back then I would have done exactly that. I appreciate the information.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Here's the list of Activision published titles with active Online-only trophies. If the servers are no longer up, just let me know and I'll get the information updated:

007: Blood Stone

Apache: Air Assault

Band Hero

Blood Drive

Blur

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS3

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: WWII

Chaotic: Shadow Warriors

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare PS3

Destiny

Destiny 2

Guitar Hero 5

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

NASCAR The Game 2011

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line

Quantum of Solace

Singularity

Skylanders SWAP Force

Skylanders SWAP Force EU

Skylanders SWAP Force PS

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan PS3

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 PS3

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PS3

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark PS3

Transformers: War for Cybertron

Wolfenstein

EDIT: I've read about the Transformers titles, Wolfenstein (potentially), and GH titles (potentially) having servers shut off. There's some stuff I need to verify in this list still and get the information updated, but the list should work for now.

You can still Platinum Guitar Hero: Van Halen because it never had any online only trophies but all the other Guitar and Band Hero games are toast. As for Transformers, Devastation is offline only so will remain Platinumable but all the other Transformers games are toast. Wolfenstein (2009) is also toast and cannot be Platinumed any more. All the James Bond games are unPlatinumable due to server closure. Black Ops 2 has been unPlatinumable for years, because Activision pulled the plug on the Leagues so the Big Leagues trophy cannot be obtained. The JP Singularity servers look to have been switched off but the Western ones are still up, though they're broken as hell by all accounts. The servers for Blur are dodgy but still up.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Thought Wolfenstein still had some condition where certain accounts could still play, or has that now gone down fully? Same with Blood Stone, which had the "new accounts" only deal?

Forgot about the Singularity servers, so I'll get that flagged up to note JP is down.

As for the rest, the list is provided for any info people may need since it was requested.

6 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Thought Wolfenstein still had some condition where certain accounts could still play, or has that now gone down fully? Same with Blood Stone, which had the "new accounts" only deal?

That used to be the case but the servers for both games were 100% switched off last month so neither are Platinumable any more for anyone.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Se7en said:

There is a list of Activision games here on PSNP too: https://psnprofiles.com/games?publisher=66-activision&order=a-z

I think with the current list of server closures they've done it should be safe to assume any game under that list that is a License they obtained or Third Party IP developed may be at risk.

For exmaple Angry Birds Trilogy and TMNT games may be on the chopping blocks next as they involve Licensed IPs and with other licensed products getting cancelled among their list it would make sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I think with the current list of server closures they've done it should be safe to assume any game under that list that is a License they obtained or Third Party IP developed may be at risk.

For exmaple Angry Birds Trilogy and TMNT games may be on the chopping blocks next as they involve Licensed IPs and with other licensed products getting cancelled among their list it would make sense.

I believe the Angry Birds and Turtles games have already been delisted but the servers are still up, at least for the time being. EDIT: The Vita version of Angry Birds went unPlatinumable years ago when NEAR was turned off.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

34 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I believe the Angry Birds and Turtles games have already been delisted but the servers are still up, at least for the time being.

PS3/PS4 listing is delisted but the Vita version is still up for Angry Birds Trilogy (I believe their was a physical version to though)

https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP4329-PCSE00322_00-ABTRILOGY0130680

TMNT is definitely down I purchased it when they first announced the delistings for their games.

AlsoI noticed a few days ago it seems the PSVita PSN store may be having random titles delisted and with little notice. For one One Piece Red was delisted randomly and there were a couple others I couldn't find in the main store despite I know I have purchased them (but their in my download list). Something just for people to keep track of especially since sadly there hasn't been a single actually sale on Vita Store front since like around November or so with that PS1 sale.

Thanks @Shadow_Kisuragi for the list. Didn't even know Skylanders Swap Force had online trophy.

I just tested it quickly and as of now the PS3 version still works for Swap Force (I don't have it for PS4).

Extra Info:

The only online trophy is called Newsworthy - Use the signpost in Woodburrow to see the Message of the Day. It can only be gotten after beating the 4th level and the boss. A few story related trophies will unlock before this. It takes about 1-2 hours to get to that part, depending on how much one explores the levels.

From what I gathered on PS4 you need PS+ to get it and the AUS version is glitched (no idea if it was patched).

6 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Here's the list of Activision published titles with active Online-only trophies. If the servers are no longer up, just let me know and I'll get the information updated:

007: Blood Stone

Apache: Air Assault

Band Hero

Blood Drive

Blur

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Call of Duty: Black Ops III PS3

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty: WWII

Chaotic: Shadow Warriors

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare PS3

Destiny

Destiny 2

Guitar Hero 5

Guitar Hero: Metallica

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

NASCAR The Game 2011

NASCAR The Game: Inside Line

Quantum of Solace

Singularity

Skylanders SWAP Force

Skylanders SWAP Force EU

Skylanders SWAP Force PS

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan PS3

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 PS3

Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PS3

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark PS3

Transformers: War for Cybertron

Wolfenstein

EDIT: I've read about the Transformers titles, Wolfenstein (potentially), and GH titles (potentially) having servers shut off. There's some stuff I need to verify in this list still and get the information updated, but the list should work for now.

Now that is a life and time saver. I thank you for the effort and now i can concentrate on whatever i have from Activision and EA (already got screwed on the Wolfenstein 2009 title).