Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

On 5/7/2020 at 8:18 PM, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

One of the things not on there is that TA/TT moved to using a forum now instead of the news tags for Server Closures. I am, however, cross-posting whatever I set on TA/TT for the most part here and we're monitoring those pages as well, though not automated like yours.

Can you resend the forums link for TA and TT news so I'm able to update in the list?

7 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Spelunker Z (Spelunker World JP) date is actually July 30th, not 29th.

I can't find anything that definitively says a shutdown date for the China/Hong Kong version of Spelunker, as it's published by GamePoch.

I'll keep 29th due to Japan timezone being 30th for us in the West

Probably Spelunker/CN is out of this shutdown due to being different publishers but I'll keep track anyway

3 hours ago, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

Infamous 2 and FoB online servers are not far away from a shut down, cuz it was offline this month.

It's back, but who knows for how long. I'd say get the damn online trophies now before it's too late.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/88483-connecting-to-ugc-failed/?do=getNewComment

IIRC those games had connection issues for years...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

"...support for the Steam version will end on 8th June 2020. It will be fully removed from the Steam storefront and the servers will be shut down."

"On PS4, some of our larger purchase options will be removed from the in-game store and PlayStation storefront, including the vehicle packs."

"The Switchblade servers will remain active for at least one year and will receive a minimum of four new competitive seasons until June 2021. Ahead of June 2021, we’ll review how the game is performing and judge if we want to continue extending support for the servers. Our community will be kept informed throughout this process."

"Switchblade will not receive new features, content or functionality updates, besides the new competitive seasons outlined above. We will mainly be monitoring for critical bugs and for major server instability."

Source:

https://www.switchbladegame.com/news/competitive-season-two-and-the-future-of-switchblade/

Trophy guide:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9556-switchblade-trophy-guide

It's a quick plat and I recommend getting it done, the trophy guide is written by yours truly :D, so it's not dog-shit bad like some other guides but might be a bit outdated.
Write in trophy guide comments if I should change some info and I'll do it if I have time or assign another collaborator to update it.

Any trophies that depends on the purchases being disabled this year?

I'll put the shutdown date to 1st of June, 2021 then

On 18/5/2020 at 1:56 PM, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

Infamous 2 and FoB online servers are not far away from a shut down, cuz it was offline this month.

It's back, but who knows for how long. I'd say get the damn online trophies now before it's too late.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/88483-connecting-to-ugc-failed/?do=getNewComment

i did them last week and took me about 2 days to finish them all, there are in total 4 online trophies, one is creating a mission an the other 3 playing UCG missions, how long will take you depends on the type of missions you choose, there are so many, short and long, easy and more challenge, to save some time you can always repeat the same mission until you reach 25 times playing it. I didnt have any problems with the UGC online missions, maybe was just lucky and the servers were working just fine that moment, dont know or maybe has something to do with my type of version which is the infamous collection on disc, refering to festival of blood i did that one last year if i remember well and didnt have any problem either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Sony = total shit. Change my mind.

I love seeing 2006 Xbox servers still being hosted in 2020 by their awesome infrastructure.

I'm totally ok with shutdowns, some commercial decisions are totally unpopular anyway, but a silent shutdown is just a total disrespect with your customers, I'd expect at least a "Sorry guys, we tried to fix that but shit didn't go well, we sincerely apologize with our valued customers". This omission is unacceptable, I really hope the support chat guy simply didn't know shit he was talking about.

Yep. On one of the Xbox forums I go to, some guy was complaining about Xbox players always getting the short end of the stick when it comes to shutdowns (He was complaining because defiance is shutting down on Xbox 360, but not PS3). A few of us piped up, because Playstation users are the ones constantly screwed by shutdowns. 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 7:39 PM, EdinhoN said:

Any trophies that depends on the purchases being disabled this year?

I'll put the shutdown date to 1st of June, 2021 then

No, at the time I got it completed (earlier this year, check my profile for the exact date) it was and probably still is totally F2P, takes about 35 hrs to plat and requires no microtransactions.

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 1