Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Didn't know if you wanted to track that or not so didn't mention it. NBA Live 16 being delisted at same time. Also, didn't have time to report it before it got quickly pulled, but The Sinking City got pulled due to a legal dispute between Frogwares and Big Ben/Nacon.

Sure, tracking upcoming delisting is a good thing too, but much harder to track than shutdowns.

Unfortunately NBA Live 16 (and every other 16 EA Sports games) never hit EA Access for the PS4.

The -PST thread link needs to be updated, this is the old one that has been closed for a long time now by Shadow.

The new one is from Terminator and is up to date: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/335493-server-shutdowns-unobtainable-trophies.html

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

No trophies are affected by Hitman 2's Ghost Network server closure, because that mode has no trophies attached to it. The co-op mode servers and associated trophies aren't closing/becoming unobtainable until some unspecified time before Hitman 3's release on Jan 20th 2021.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2020 at 9:01 AM, HuntingFever said:

No trophies are affected by Hitman 2's Ghost Network server closure, because that mode has no trophies attached to it. The co-op mode servers and associated trophies aren't closing/becoming unobtainable until some unspecified time before Hitman 3's release on Jan 20th 2021.

I can confirm that. Ghost Mode has vanished from Hitman 2 main menu, however the coop Sniper Assassin maps are still available, so no trophies affected by now.

The 3 coop trophies will probably be unobtainable when Hitman 3 launches, but I guess IO will give a proper warning in some time.

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I can confirm that. Ghost Mode has vanished from Hitman 2 main menu, however the coop Sniper Assassin maps are still available, so no trophies affected by now.

The 3 coop trophies will probably be unobtainable when Hitman 3 launches, but I guess IO will give a proper warning in some time.

How long does it take to ding those 3 trophies? Does anyone know? Maybe you do, Edinhon. Thanks in advance, peeps!

There's been nothing to confirm them dropping support for any of their older titles yet, but would definitely prioritize purchasing what they have if you want.

As for their titles and what would be impacted:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/publisher/Vlambeer

They published Nuclear Throne, so that's the only one that could theoretically be "removed" from the PlayStation Store. They also developed Luftrausers, but that was published by Devolver Digital.

No trophies would be impacted as all of their games are offline unlocks, except for the Daily (Not Bad) in Nuclear Throne I believe.

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi
Adding impacts from potential shutdown

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

What trophies are affected by yesterday's AirMech Arena server closure? I ask because I have to update the server closure thread on .org but the trophy list is a little vague as to what trophies are online and which aren't 1f914.png.

I believe the game is completely online, but haven't confirmed so if someone else wants to go ahead.
Sorry if this is unhelpful.. but I recall the game connecting to servers as it boots up, I'm unsure if the game is even playable offline without connecting to PSN and Ubisoft servers.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

What trophies are affected by yesterday's AirMech Arena server closure? I ask because I have to update the server closure thread on .org but the trophy list is a little vague as to what trophies are online and which aren't ?.

Being a F2P game, it's meant to be no longer playable.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

What trophies are affected by yesterday's AirMech Arena server closure? I ask because I have to update the server closure thread on .org but the trophy list is a little vague as to what trophies are online and which aren't 1f914.png.

Getting Started, Max Level, My Hands are Clean, Damage Inc and Sole Survivor are the trophies that we have marked on TrueTrophies as being offline. Not sure if this is completely accurate, but just what I'm going off of.

Feel free to use our flags, though I know your browser tends to have a fit with the icons. ?

EDIT: Turns out an online connection is required to even launch the game, so everything will be going down.

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi
New Information

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

What trophies are affected by yesterday's AirMech Arena server closure? I ask because I have to update the server closure thread on .org but the trophy list is a little vague as to what trophies are online and which aren't ?.

The whole game is online, there is a server connection right at the title screen, so when it's gone, no trophies will remain achievable.

However, last time I checked the game was still online,

11 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

The whole game is online, there is a server connection right at the title screen, so when it's gone, no trophies will remain achievable.

However, last time I checked the game was still online,

Interesting, I'll ask about that and make sure it's tested. And yes, it's still online at least for Xbox. Don't own it on PSN to check.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That's interesting, could we be looking at a non-closure situation ??

Just checked and it is still online.

The game won't start if you deactivate your PS4 connection, so it is confirmed as an online only game (well, had no doubts before testing anyway).

However, I doubt it will stay online. It was set to shutdown yesterday, so my bet it will be offline in less than 1 week from now.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Just checked and it is still online.

The game won't start if you deactivate your PS4 connection, so it is confirmed as an online only game (well, had no doubts before testing anyway).

However, I doubt it will stay online. It was set to shutdown yesterday, so my bet it will be offline in less than 1 week from now.

Thank you for checking, I'll update things on my end :).

• Like 1