Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

14 minutes ago, Jigglypuff said:

I thought that you could still get the trophy on PS3 even if the servers weren't working....just attempting. :hmm: Since it was down for a month or so, but people still got it. And IIRC, it's not an online trophy on PS4. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Not sure, I disconnected my ps3 internet connection for Saints Row IV today and I wasn't able to get the trophy, it stated that I needed a internet connection to even enter the menu where I would click to upload. I prefer not to risk and done it.

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

Not sure, I disconnected my ps3 internet connection for Saints Row IV today and I wasn't able to get the trophy, it stated that I needed a internet connection to even enter the menu where I would click to upload. I prefer not to risk and done it.

Fair enough. I'll be sure to get it done before it shuts down.

Edited by Jigglypuff

On 21/12/2017 at 2:14 AM, wackt1 said:

Oh shit, Saints row 4 is going offline in January. lol somone in my area send me a copy, ill send it back

one does not simply send a copy of sr4 into mordor. ;) 

wasn't the character creation already down for sr3, i vaguely remember hearing this but the trophy was still unlocked when attempting it?

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

wasn't the character creation already down for sr3, i vaguely remember hearing this but the trophy was still unlocked when attempting it?

I got a timeout error for SR4 @ PS3 twice yesterday, but it popped - looks like you need to be signed in to the PSN to access it anyway (otherwise it wont let you enter the menu)

*edit* no I didnt sync the ps3 trophies yet, before someone gets confused ^^

Edited by imh007

4 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

On Saints Row 4 for the PS3, you need to be online to access the upload menu, I know that the upload servers are broken in Saints Row The Third (however the error still unlock the trophy), but I haven't confirmed yet if it works while booting up your ps3 with the cable disconnected (that didn't work for the 4th installment, so I'll assume there is a possibility it won't work for the Third).

Well, in 1 week I'll get my copy and try it.

Edited by EdinhoN

8 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

On Saints Row 4 for the PS3, you need to be online to access the upload menu, I know that the upload servers are broken in Saints Row The Third, but I haven't confirmed yet if it works while booting up your ps3 with the cable disconnected (that didn't work for the 4th installment, so I'll assume there is a possibility it won't work for the Third).

i would have tested it myself but boxed up all my games this week. :facepalm:

Just now, mking_63 said:

I've got a used copy of Saint's Row 3 sitting around that I've never fired up. I was looking on PSN to price the DLC and noticed there was a $10 online pass. Do I need that pass to get the trophy for uploading a character (the only online trophy?) or is that just for playing co-op?

no  pass is just for the co-op.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

On Saints Row 4 for the PS3, you need to be online to access the upload menu, I know that the upload servers are broken in Saints Row The Third (however the error still unlock the trophy), but I haven't confirmed yet if it works while booting up your ps3 with the cable disconnected (that didn't work for the 4th installment, so I'll assume there is a possibility it won't work for the Third).

I can confirm this, i went into the submenu where the upload button is located and then signed out, the game then booted me out of that submenu with a error 'Cannot connect to the saints row 4 servers at this time' (paraphrased).

18 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I can confirm that Saints Row IV Re-Elected (ps4 version) has worked while my ps4 was offline. So, it should not be a problem for this shutdown, however PS3 version will probably get unobtainable.

Both Re-Elected versions (WW and AU) shouldn’t be on the list at all, as the requirements for Saintified trophy on PS4 differ from PS3:

Create and share a character online. (PS3)

Create and save a character to your profile. (PS4)

19 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Add GTA V for PS3 because atm the "Run Like the Wind" trophy is unobtainable due to Rockstar shutting it down due to modders/hackers abusing it for exploits

41 minutes ago, ryan32289 said:

Add GTA V for PS3 because atm the "Run Like the Wind" trophy is unobtainable due to Rockstar shutting it down due to modders/hackers abusing it for exploits

They disabled bounties, not shut down the game servers...

I think that list is a little confusing as he put together games with unobtainable trophies not necessarily due to server shutdown (like PAIN, the Platinum is still obtainable, and never had any online trophies)

Edited by Lance_87

11 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

They disabled bounties, not shut down the game servers...

I think that list is a little confusing as he put together games with unobtainable trophies not necessarily due to server shutdown (like PAIN, the Platinum is still obtainable, and never had any online trophies)

That is true but the plat remains unobtainable due to some unusual circumstances besides online shutdowns. That's why I still would include GTA V (PS3) on the list of unobtainable trophies.

It just feels strange to me that you can still get the trophy for uploading your character to the server in Saints Row the Third even when the game clearly says it failed to do so. That's probably a good thing, but I have Saints Row the Third for the PS3, Saints Row IV and Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell both for the PS4 all coming in the mail tomorrow.

I bought all the games with the DLC from Amazon, which is cheaper than buying separately off the store. For Saints Row IV for the PS4 I hear you can get the upload trophy offline, but I just hope I can get the online trophy done for Saints Row the Third before the servers close at the end of January.

I haven't played through Demon Souls yet but it doesn't look all that bad, even grinding for the items doesn't seem too horrible. I know a Youtube walkthrough for this game that gives good information on how to get all the trophies so that shouldn't be difficult.

I've been interested in grabbing a hold of Knack but I'm not a fan of luck based crap. I suppose Demon Souls falls within the same category if you do everything legit but I heard of people taking eight playthroughs to get all the items from the chests in Knack. I don't know if the app is any good, I mostly know what other people have told me since I never played Knack before.

Gran Turismo 6 looks tempting but it feels like more of a game that racing veterans would pick up. The online servers will shut down this coming March but since all the trophies can be earned offline I have to wonder if you just need to grind more for credits.

Real shame about that one unobtainable trophy in Grand Theft Auto V on the PS3. I easily could of gotten it years ago when I played casually. Then again me getting 100 percent completion on this account is pretty much next to impossible anyway so this doesn't bother me a whole lot.

On 22/12/2017 at 3:46 AM, Leenewbe said:

Logged in just to say that your reply made ma day haha.Great one!!

On 23/12/2017 at 2:02 AM, wackt1 said:

I need to keep an on Lost planet 2, Bioshock 2, Tomb raider (2015), Battlefield 3 among others if their servers are shutting down

Damn man got bad news for ya Lost Planet 2 is already impossible.Looks like someone hacked the leaderboards so its not possible to get a nom de guerre.Its a bit sad but Lost Planet 2 was a "suicide mission" since the moment we thought about playing it lol.Good game though,it would be a shame to avoid it because you can't get the plat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I bought all the games with the DLC from Amazon, which is cheaper than buying separately off the store. For Saints Row IV for the PS4 I hear you can get the upload trophy offline, but I just hope I can get the online trophy done for Saints Row the Third before the servers close at the end of January.

Neither PS4 version (SR 3 or 4) needs a online connection, you just need to create a character. The PS3 version of both seem to pop even if you can't connect....but they can literally be done in a few min each anyway. It's not like it should to take you all month to get 15 min worth of trophies.