Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

19 hours ago, NekoRave said:

How exactly do you do those because I basically am going in the game blind

For the spot assists basically you need to be the first player to spot an enemy. Once spotted every ally that hits that specific enemy counts as one point you need 15 of these points/ribbons by the end of the match to get the trophy. It's definitely random but not entirely hard. It's all about being a bit aggressive. I got 11 ribbons last night in a match with out really trying. I was using a Medium tank and pushing up alot.

Alot of people recommend using a Light Tank in the earlier tiers to accomplish this easier. Just drive fast and circle past enemies so you spot them and wait for allies to attack them. You can also press L1 to target enemies to encourage allies to focus fire on them.

Btw in the PlayStation Store there is a couple free premium Light Tanks in free packs you can get. I advise anyone going for this trophy get them as they will have better stock speed and view range then the regular light tanks you research making this easier.

P.S. At this point for anyone going for the War Stories/100% if you haven't already started gaining xp your only chance of getting the last troohy is by buying the Premium Tanks that were mentioned on sale for about $60 in-game currency. To earn a tank by research at this point would take about 12+ hours everyday right till removal. Or about 10hours for 5 days on a elite or premium tank with about 3-4x in paid gold to convert that XP to free XP and buy a premium tier x at regular price. (Word of warning XP Gain is highly skill dependant as it plays mostly off your own damage caused. And each tank has unique damage and deflection profiles that one must learn.)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Going by this thread: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/99480-nhl-games-still-platable/, there seems to be some debate as to exactly which NHL games are actually Platinumable and which aren't - thus it would be great if this situation would be cleared up so I can update our server closure thread on .org :).

I'll look into it, I know in the case for some other sports titles it's usually due to mainly them deactivating events or competitive modes.

Btw for the earlier NHL titles '14 and before none of them required an online pass for multiplayer that got delisted right?

Edit: @HuntingFever

So it seems by this list EA has several of the NHL games marked as online services closed. This might not necessarily mean servers are down but several trophies or modes could've become affected. I've noticed though some trophies looking through the recent earners shows stops in earners since 2013/2014 for even older titles like NHL '10

I would assume myself this means these Platinums are no longer obtainable.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

I'll look into it, I know in the case for some other sports titles it's usually due to mainly them deactivating events or competitive modes.

Btw for the earlier NHL titles '14 and before none of them required an online pass for multiplayer that got delisted right?

Edit: @HuntingFever

So it seems by this list EA has several of the NHL games marked as online services closed. This might not necessarily mean servers are down but several trophies or modes could've become affected. I've noticed though some trophies looking through the recent earners shows stops in earners since 2013/2014 for even older titles like NHL '10

I would assume myself this means these Platinums are no longer obtainable.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/i-q

Do you happen to know exactly which trophies are unobtainable in the respective games? I ask so I can cross-reference them with my list and correct them were necessary.

EDIT: I've had a look through EA's server closure list and they don't mention NHL 14, 15, 16, 19 or 21 being shutdown, thus I would appreciate confirmation they are actually down and if they are, which trophies are affected.  I also need to know which trophies are affected in NHL 13.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Question:

There are some trophies that are related with Leaderboards: "The Hunt is my Mistress" and "Lord of the Ring". Will these trophies be affected by this server shutdown too? With them being tied to leaderboards. This trophies are from the most difficult ones as well, so I want to be sure of this.

Answer:

WB Games Support (Middle-earth Games)

Nov 27, 2020, 10:35 PM EST

Greetings,

Yes, as those achievements are related to the Leaderboard, they're set to be scrapped.

We do appreciate your dedication to our game and hope you can unlock them before shutdown!

Kind regards,

Atol
WB Games Support.

Seems clear enough that there is not only one achievement online in the game that will be affected, BUT THREE

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Question:

Answer:

Seems clear enough that there is not only one achievement online in the game that will be affected, BUT THREE

It has been confirmed by multiple users, that there are no online trophies at all in those DLCs - WB Support are talking out of their ass again and have zero clue what they're talking about.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It has been confirmed by multiple users, that there are no online trophies at all in those DLCs - WB Support are talking out of their ass again and have zero clue what they're talking about.

Confirmed, you say?

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1237386&anchor=9511562#m9511562

Someone on TrueAchievements verified that the trials leaderboards require online.

17 minutes ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Confirmed, you say?

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1237386&anchor=9511562#m9511562

Someone on TrueAchievements verified that the trials leaderboards require online.

They're either lying, misinformed, hit a random glitch or the XB1 version works differently to the PS4 release, because several PSNP and .org users (including @Sergen) have now confirmed the DLC trophies are fully obtainable offline - no leaderboards or servers needed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

They're either lying, misinformed, hit a random glitch or the XB1 version works differently to the PS4 release, because several PSNP and .org users (including @Sergen) have now confirmed the DLC trophies are fully obtainable offline - no leaderboards or servers needed.

It could just work differently on Xbox, they have more sophisticated features such as achievement tracking and whatnot, or if you are signed into PSN and the leaderboards are down the trophies won't unlock until you go offline on PSN then submit your score. Either way, I have seen plenty of people make it known that they've earned the trophies offline without a problem.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sergen said:

It could just work differently on Xbox, they have more sophisticated features such as achievement tracking and whatnot, or if you are signed into PSN and the leaderboards are down the trophies won't unlock until you go offline on PSN then submit your score. Either way, I have seen plenty of people make it known that they've earned the trophies offline without a problem.

That explains it :).

• Like 1

I just did the whole Bright Lord DLC for Shadow of Mordor offline and trophies unlocked just fine without internet connection.

Trophy for Test of the Ring (Lord of the Ring) unlock as soon as you fulfill all objectives/clear the trial, then you get a leaderboard prompt but it just doesn't upload your score until you're connected to the internet, you can decline and move on or go back and upload it afterwards.

I'll be back when I clear Lord of the Hunt but it shouldn't be any different.

Edit: I'm back and as anticipated it's exactly similar for "The Hunt is my Mistress", the trophy pop when you clear trial with all objectives, no need to be online or upload to leaderboards.

Edited by Okoteiru
confirmation on "The Hunt is my Mistress"
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Okoteiru said:

I just did the whole Bright Lord DLC for Shadow of Mordor offline and trophies unlocked just fine without internet connection.

Trophy for Test of the Ring (Lord of the Ring) unlock as soon as you fulfill all objectives/clear the trial, then you get a leaderboard prompt but it just doesn't upload your score until you're connected to the internet, you can decline and move on or go back and upload it afterwards.

Thanks for testing.

Other question:

Does this work for both versions if the server go down for the DLC? Because some of you might did GOTY or Vanilla version.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Thanks for testing.

Other question:

Does this work for both versions if the server go down for the DLC? Because some of you might did GOTY or Vanilla version.

i only have vanilla version, should work the same for GOTY as it seems to be just a compilation but I cannot be 100% sure.

That'd be very surprising if both games didnt work the same way tho.

Updates:

FIFA Street is dead.

Airmech Arena is probably dead for good now, but as it came back last week when it was down, i'll wait at least 1 week before declaring it officially dead.

Frozen Synapse Prime is shutting down on March, 2021.

• Like 4

With Frozen Synapse getting shutdown I wonder if the possibility of Double Eleven shutting down other games might happen as well?

They have a few games that require servers that are almost never played anymore.

https://psnprofiles.com/games?developer=748-double-eleven

https://psnprofiles.com/games?publisher=748-double-eleven

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

With Frozen Synapse getting shutdown I wonder if the possibility of Double Eleven shutting down other games might happen as well?

They have a few games that require servers that are almost never played anymore.

https://psnprofiles.com/games?developer=748-double-eleven

https://psnprofiles.com/games?publisher=748-double-eleven

Sony owns the servers for LBP Vita so that won't close until they say so. Prison Architect is still a fairly new game so the servers for that won't going anywhere for a while. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate is the one that's most likely to close, because it's a pretty old game by this point.

• Like 1

On 02/12/2020 at 8:50 PM, Okoteiru said:

Thank you for clearing this! Now I don't have to worry about 100% before cyber punk is released xD Will just do the vendetta trophy and come back to it later next year :D 

• Like 3

@EdinhoN

I noticed today on the Vita Version they updated the in-app store page for Frozen Synapse Prime. With this info in the top.

"Frozen Synapse Prime will be unavailable to purchase from the PlayStation Store and dedicated online servers will be shut down from March 11th 2021. All Online Multiplayer will be inaccessible but will still appear in the Main Menu. You will still be able to download the game from your library and enjoy any single-player modes."

So seems this will be a full delisting too besides server shutdown.

• Like 1

Some updates:

- Airmech is still down, so now I guess it's gone for good

- World of Tanks postponed to 15th of December

- Frozen Synapse is getting delisted at the same date of the shutdown

Have I missed anything from the last couple messages?

• Like 3