Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Just now, HuntingFever said:

I thought they made it so you can do those trophies offline with one of the early patches?

I don’t think so dude, my brother played the game for fun offline and in every map his lvl is 0, the game doesn't save ur stats unless it’s connected to the servers, I don’t know why they made it this way

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Atoya said:

I don’t think so dude, my brother played the game for fun offline and in every map his lvl is 0, the game doesn't save ur stats unless it’s connected to the servers, I don’t know why they made it this way

Can anyone else confirm this? If yes, I'll get our Guide updated on .org.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Can anyone else confirm this? If yes, I'll get our Guide updated on .org.

I can confirm it... my level in France (Paris) was 20, I disconnected and now it doesn’t even show me my level, challenges, opportunities. The game is unobtainable without connection, the progress doesn't save at all which is very stupid.

Edited by Atoya
Changed the comment, to make it clear.
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

So MGSV status lies in that gray zone right now? We aren't sure if the servers going to be shut? Guess the only thing to do is to wait then to Feb. 2nd

I don't believe so frankly myself it would suck if it did happen. (There was no where near the time to start it.) But I believe they wouldn't be able to just shut down the servers anyways without notice. I'm sure Sony Europe still has in their consumer protections of 45 days notice for closures and that should hopefully protect them some.

Besides that the only way the servers could go down permanently is if something was lost during transfer (god forbid) rendering them useless.

1 hour ago, Atoya said:

I can confirm it... my level in France (Paris) was 20, I disconnected and now it doesn’t even show me my level, challenges, opportunities. The game is unobtainable without connection, the progress doesn't save at all which is very stupid.

1 hour ago, Atoya said:

Shit. Thanks for the info guys, I'll see what can be done about getting the Guide updated :(. What is the point of an offline mode, if you can't earn most of the trophies in it ??

On 1/30/2021 at 2:45 AM, Atoya said:

I appreciate the warning, i should just try and get the 100% asap just to be safe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I can now personally confirm that Battleborn is toast - the servers went offline nearly 30mins ago :(.

Well ain't a surprise for me since Blizzard nuked Gearbox with Overwatch when it first came out back in 2016

Edited by mckbros

On 1/29/2021 at 1:45 PM, Atoya said:

Is Hitman 2 the same way with the level, challenges and opportunities for some of the trophies too? I couldn’t see them when I went offline. 

9 minutes ago, mckbros said:

Well ain't a surprise for me since Blizzard nuked Gearbox with Overwatch when it first came out back in 2016

The thing that's surprises me alot still of the hate that people had for this game early on though are the same things Blizzard is introducing in Overwatch 2...

Wave based campaign, level unlocks, skill upgrades, moba style gameplay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J2VLegacy said:

Is Hitman 2 the same way with the level, challenges and opportunities for some of the trophies too? I couldn’t see them when I went offline. 

I’m pretty sure the hitman trilogy is online only so hitman 1,2,3 all require internet to play them

• Like 1

I really do think that Hitman's MP servers differ from the servers that store your progress. So, although the MP servers might get axed, I don't think that the general servers will, especially because in Hitman 3 you can carry your progress from Hitmam 2. So I don't think the online trophies (except for the MP ones) are at risk. And honestly I don't think they will ever be. It's just data storage servers for Christ's sake. It's not like we are playing Call of Duty deathmatches. Unless IOI is a huge dick of a dev, I don't see them going down. But... I could be wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AttilioPazzo- said:

I have noticed The Hungry Horde (PVita game) has been delisted, if anyone can confirm this . Thx

I checked psprices.com us region and entered the store link provided there. After clicking the link I noticed the game can still be added to cart.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PCSA00563_00-THEHUNGRYHORDE01?smcid=psapp

It can also be added to cart in the Italian store (since your account is from Italy):

https://store.playstation.com/it-it/product/EP9000-PCSF00501_00-THEHUNGRYHORDE01?smcid=psapp

Edited by Deceptrox

5 hours ago, AttilioPazzo- said:

I have noticed The Hungry Horde (PVita game) has been delisted, if anyone can confirm this . Thx

1 hour ago, Deceptrox said:

I checked psprices.com us region and entered the store link provided there. After clicking the link I noticed the game can still be added to cart.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PCSA00563_00-THEHUNGRYHORDE01?smcid=psapp

It can also be added to cart in the Italian store (since your account is from Italy):

https://store.playstation.com/it-it/product/EP9000-PCSF00501_00-THEHUNGRYHORDE01?smcid=psapp

Can confirm I'm able to see the game as well by these links. I also checked on my Vita by manually searching the store and game plus dlc show up still. The game also is worth mentioning is published directly by Sony so I'm pretty doubtful they will ever delist the game unless it has content in it that's licensed out to them.

2 hours ago, Varhur said:

Seems like a really long grind, don't you need 4-8 players to boost too?

From what I gather one doesn't most matches can be done 1 on 1 it seems the other match is 3v3 minimum. But by the trophies only two players are needed one on each time minimum the rest of the necessary slots can be filled with bots.

I know some recommends 1 main 3 alts but that will be excessive for most people. Luckily though owning two consoles isn't even necessary as long as you have a laptop or PC capable of playing it. (Cross-platform support.) Meaning most people will be able to grind this themselves pending the servers stay stable.

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

From what I gather one doesn't most matches can be done 1 on 1 it seems the other match is 3v3 minimum. But by the trophies only two players are needed one on each time minimum the rest of the necessary slots can be filled with bots.

I know some recommends 1 main 3 alts but that will be excessive for most people. Luckily though owning two consoles isn't even necessary as long as you have a laptop or PC capable of playing it. (Cross-platform support.) Meaning most people will be able to grind this themselves pending the servers stay stable.

Yeah, but the main problem is - this game got supper crappy servers, which don't work the most time :D

• Like 2

On 2021-01-17 at 3:04 PM, HuntingFever said:

Oh FFS, I'll update the thread on .org tomorrow :(. Is there a day when Dead by Daylight doesn't have broken trophies? It seems like every other update they manage to screw something up.

The trophies are the least of the games worries. The developers constantly make horrible changes & never implement changes that are widely regarded as being only net positives. The game runs poorly, every chapter, mid chapter & minor patch breaks something.