Resident Evil Code Veronica PS2 classic PS4 Trophy Discussion

Bring it on (and possible remakes of 2 and 3 as well!)

My only 2 gripes are as follows:

1) Probably no plat like the PS3 version

2) A port of the PS2 version so not likely to be 60fps like 4, 5 and 6 (I always found it bizarre that RE1 HD and Zero on PS4 aren't 60 fps)

But good to have all these games on one console!

Just now, grimydawg said:

Have you played Operation Raccoon City LOL

Fortunately not, it looked bad from the outset and I think I was wise to just steer clear of it!

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

Worst in the series? Seriously?  It's one of the best.  When this originally came out for the Dreamcast, it had many enhancements the original trilogy lacked.  It remains one of the consoles best selling titles of all time.

It was the first RE to support fully 3D graphics,  first to use breakable objects built into environment, and had huge graphical enhancements when it came out.  It also incorporated many innovative designs used for later RE titles. Last but not least, it marked the return of Wesker, the main antagonist of the series.  This game was also the last of the "classic style" RE had to offer. 

I love the Resident Evil series and have been playing them since Resi 2 came out. I hated Code Veronica when it came out and hated it again when I got the chance to play through it years later. The design is all over the place, some of the characters are unbearably annoying, I wasn't a fan of the story and some of the puzzles and backtracking make the game more of a chore than it needs to be. Again, just my opinion, but I don't think it's aged well at all.

• Like 2

Capcom has learned there is a market for trophy hunters. RE Code Veronica PS2 classic has a different trophy list and even includes a platinum. Might be a good reason for those who were probably going to skip on this title.

https://www.exophase.com/game/resident-evil-code-veronica-x-psn/trophies/

OP has been updated to reflect the current discussion.

Edited by Aranea Highwind
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

Capcom has learned there is a market for trophy hunters. RE Code Veronica PS2 classic has a different trophy list and even includes a platinum. Might be a god reason for those who were probably going to skip on this title.

https://www.exophase.com/game/resident-evil-code-veronica-x-psn/trophies/

OP has been updated to reflect the current discussion.

I am pleasantly surprised. I never played this one.

Why couldn't they change the trophy list for RE4 when that released for PS4.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 1

I love Code Veronica X, it really is underestimated in how good it is. 

I probably beat it a half a dozen times. 

I dunno if I could get the platinum though. If I had no backlog though I'd totally be on this. 

At first I didn't like what they did with the visuals and change of VA for Claire(my favorite RE character).

But by the end, I just kept thinking how much a gem this was. I think I started it back up right after beating it. 

Glad it's getting its due with a plat! 

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

Aw sheeeeiiiiiiit I was wrong! Good! Wish they could have included a plat on the PS4 version of Resi 4 but maybe this is because they took the complaints of that case into account and wanted to add incentive for trophy hunters to re-purchase this! Perhaps they'll go against my other prediction and make it 60 fps as well... no don't be silly Conor it's just a port there's no way...

It's got a platinum trophy this time!? Oh hell yes!!! :D Considering how the PS4 version of RE4 had the same trophy list, I expected this to be the same, so I wasn't gonna bother with it because I don't have the 100% in the PS3 version yet. Code Veronica is one of my favourite Resident Evil games. I really do think it's one of the most underrated titles in the series. I'll definitely be picking up this version now. The only question is whether or not I should go back and 100% the PS3 version. Hmmm... :hmm:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MeteorHawk said:

Aw sheeeeiiiiiiit I was wrong! Good! Wish they could have included a plat on the PS4 version of Resi 4 but maybe this is because they took the complaints of that case into account and wanted to add incentive for trophy hunters to re-purchase this! Perhaps they'll go against my other prediction and make it 60 fps as well... no don't be silly Conor it's just a port there's no way...

The RE4 for PS4 was a port of the PS3 which is why those trophy lists are the same. 

This one is a port of the PS2 and not the PS3. The chances of a new trophy list and a Platinum was like 90%. I'm glad it has a Platinum Trophy. 

Edited by Leo_the_Lion25
typo
  • Like 1