Resident Evil Code Veronica PS2 classic PS4 Trophy Discussion

1 hour ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

The chances of a new trophy list and a Platinum was like 90%. I'm glad it has a Platinum Trophy. 

The chances for it to get a platinum was not 90%. I'd say it was more likely not to get one than get one just judging by how so many of the latest PS2 ports have been without. On top of that, this is Capcom.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Capcom doing a great job? that's news for me.
Is nice to see a PS2 classic with a platinum trophy. I wonder why they didn't did the same with RE4. Laziness perhaps?

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

I love Code Veronica X, it really is underestimated in how good it is. I probably beat it a half a dozen times. I dunno if I could get the platinum though. If I had no backlog though I'd totally be on this. At first I didn't like what they did with the visuals and change of VA for Claire(my favorite RE character). But by the end, I just kept thinking how much a gem this was. I think I started it back up right after beating it. Glad it's getting its due with a plat!

WTH are you talking about? Claire always had the same VA, Revelations 2 is the only canon Claire appearence without Alyson Court voicing her, she even voiced her on Degeneration and spin offs like ORC and Mercenaries 3D.

Anyway, now this one I will get, a Plat is the incentive I needed to get this one last time, would've gotten RE4 too as well if it had one, even with how much I hate that game...

Edited by Devil_Spooky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

The RE4 for PS4 was a port of the PS3 which is why those trophy lists are the same. 

This one is a port of the PS2 and not the PS3. The chances of a new trophy list and a Platinum was like 90%. I'm glad it has a Platinum Trophy. 

Actually, the PS4 and Xbox One versions were based of the Ultimate HD Edition that was released on PC. Besides, I don't see why that matters. They could have quite easily used the same trophy list as the PS3 version. It's not like they were forced to create a whole new list.

25 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Actually, the PS4 and Xbox One versions were based of the Ultimate HD Edition that was released on PC. Besides, I don't see why that matters. They could have quite easily used the same trophy list as the PS3 version. It's not like they were forced to create a whole new list.

I know what version the PS3 of RE4 is ported from. That isn't the point I was making here though. 

1 minute ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

I know what version the PS3 of RE4 is ported from. That isn't the point I was making here though. 

Then what point were you trying to make? That RE4 on PS4 only had the same trophy list because it was a port of the PS3 version? Because I already told you that isn't true. Capcom already proved that they don't mind re-using the same trophy list with RE4, so I fail to see why you were so confident that Code Veronica on PS4 was going to have a different list. It's not like PS2 classics on PS4 are required to have a platinum. Many of them don't.

1 hour ago, Devil_Spooky said:

WTH are you talking about? Claire always had the same VA, Revelations 2 is the only canon Claire appearence without Alyson Court voicing her, she even voiced her on Degeneration and spin offs like ORC and Mercenaries 3D.

Really?? She sounded so different in Veronica vs 2 O_o

Well then I take it back! Lol

It's a beautiful thing, especially the fact that Capcom learned that with us (the Trophy Hunters) she can make good profits.

Now, i wonder if Capcom will port the original ps2 version of Resident Evil 4 or THE FUCKING RESIDENT EVIL OUTBREAK (1 & 2).

Edited by APCGrayLocked

4 hours ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

The RE4 for PS4 was a port of the PS3 which is why those trophy lists are the same. 

This one is a port of the PS2 and not the PS3. The chances of a new trophy list and a Platinum was like 90%. I'm glad it has a Platinum Trophy. 

I can confirm to one of my friends on exophase, code veronica has platinum!
https://www.exophase.com/game/resident-evil-code-veronica-x-psn/trophies/

It's good that capcom is doing this little by little classic resident evil games but, come on capcom you got every main resident evil game now on PS4 or soon to be on PS4. I need to experience resident evil outbreak 1 and 2 hope they confirm that game. make my wish come true. 

9 minutes ago, Strike-Runner said:

It's good that capcom is doing this little by little classic resident evil games but, come on capcom you got every main resident evil game now on PS4 or soon to be on PS4. I need to experience resident evil outbreak 1 and 2 hope they confirm that game. make my wish come true. 

Be careful what you wish for. Outbreak 1 and 2 were both terrible when played offline without other people who know what they were doing. I also doubt that even if they would re-release them, they'd bring back the online mode.

4 hours ago, Machias said:

Capcom doing a great job? that's news for me.
Is nice to see a PS2 classic with a platinum trophy. I wonder why they didn't did the same with RE4. Laziness perhaps?

You have Sony to thank for the platinum in this, they handle the trophies for PS2 classics. You can bet your bottom dollar that if this was a remaster handled by Capcom they'd have just given it the same trophies as the PS3 version, as evident with the RE4 release. 

3 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Really?? She sounded so different in Veronica vs 2 O_o

Well then I take it back! Lol

Yeah, she was one thing that was kept constant with all games, obviously they messed it up with Revelations 2, for whatever reason since she's still involved with the franchise as a VA director and everything...

17 minutes ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

I had no idea this was even coming to PS4. It looks like a pretty simple list of trophies  too. Will definitely pick it up at some point :)

Not exaclty, Wesker only has a knife for his own battle mode and you have to beat that with him for a couple of trophies, he can get a Magnum with 6 bullets though, but you have to save it for the boss so you still have to reach it with only the knife so that can prove complicated for some people...

31 minutes ago, soniq said:

Be careful what you wish for. Outbreak 1 and 2 were both terrible when played offline without other people who know what they were doing. I also doubt that even if they would re-release them, they'd bring back the online mode.

Trust me I played outbreak file 1 offline I never had online before but even if they re release outbreak with or without online I'll still buy it. But I'll doubt it if capcom would do that to a game especially outbreak since it was ment to be played online n trust me people been begging for outbreak and re2, and re2 is coming don't know when but is coming. Look at call of duty finally after 3 years of exo or jet packs we got a world war 2. Patience is key 

IMO main series wise before the crapfests known as RE5 and RE6 came out, Code Veronica X was the worst but entire series wise, ORC and Umbrella Corps are the worst. (Outbreak series being the 2nd worst.)

I struggled the hell of this game trying get most of the trophies in one playthrough because compared to other RE games, you CANNOT afford to screw up and need to know where you're going and what to pickup just to get the clear time requirements. That along with very strict rules on saving and not being able to use First Aid Sprays makes it even more aggravating to get an A on this game. Combine that with very annoying enemies (Sweepers aka Poisonous Hunters and Bandersnatches) makes it even more infuriating to reach that rank because those specific enemies in particular are a constant reminder that you NEED to avoid taking/minimizing damage from these guys as top priority because one goof and you may have to backtrack a bit to get some healing items and whatnot (which lot of time can be wasted on this alone) or you might die and have to start over due to lack of healing items or the game's restrictions. Oh and let's not forget that you can't pause the in-game timer in any way either.

Already 100% this one the PS3, not gonna do this again on the PS4 especially Wesker's Battle Mode again. Even if there's a platinum for this.

Edited by axlredgrave
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Strike-Runner said:

Trust me I played outbreak file 1 offline I never had online before but even if they re release outbreak with or without online I'll still buy it. But I'll doubt it if capcom would do that to a game especially outbreak since it was ment to be played online n trust me people been begging for outbreak and re2, and re2 is coming don't know when but is coming. Look at call of duty finally after 3 years of exo or jet packs we got a world war 2. Patience is key 

Yep we are getting a complete remake of 2, I hope they would then do a complete remake for the 3rd game 

4 minutes ago, axlredgrave said:

IMO main series wise before the crapfests known as RE5 and RE6 came out, Code Veronica X was the worst but entire series wise, ORC and Umbrella Corps are the worst. (Outbreak series being the 2nd worst.)

I struggled the hell of this game trying get most of the trophies in one playthrough because compared to other RE games, you CANNOT afford to screw up and need to know where you're going and what to pickup just to get the clear time requirements. That along with very strict rules on saving and not being able to use First Aid Sprays makes it even more aggravating to get an A on this game. Combine that with very annoying enemies (Sweepers aka Poisonous Hunters and Bandersnatches) makes it even more infuriating to reach that rank because those specific enemies in particular are a constant reminder that you NEED to avoid taking/minimizing damage from these guys as top priority because one goof and you may have to backtrack a bit to get some healing items and whatnot (which lot of time can be wasted on this alone) or you might die and have to start over due to lack of healing items or the game's restrictions.

Already 100% this one the PS3, not gonna do this again on the PS4 especially Wesker's Battle Mode again. Even if there's a platinum for this.

These are worse then that awful Resident evil survivor game?

On 5/6/2017 at 7:03 AM, SkyMason said:

IMO one of the worst in the series but this is just lazy.

It's the most underrated IMO. Way better than RE3 with Nemesis chasing you are while making bullets. Code Veronica had pretty compelling story and antagonist.

There is way more RE crap out there than this game.

Edited by rotoninja
  • Like 1

I'm confused as to why people see this as lazy from Capcom? They've released a lot of remasters for the main series of games and are working on a Revelations remaster and a remake of Resident Evil 2. They've been busy. I doubt we'd have ever seen a remaster of CVX or it'd be many years off with the projects they have going on. I'm also pretty sure that Sony decide what games they want as PS2 classics then speak to the developer and see if they are willing to let them do it. As far as I was aware its a team at Sony that actually make these games for PS4, so not actually Capcom, they just greenlight it. So to everyone saying it's lazy and they should have done the PS3 version I think are missing the point. I don't think it's Capcom who actually put the effort into making the game for PS4. I think that's a team at Sony, or am I misunderstanding the PS2 project?

1 hour ago, rotoninja said:

It's the most underrated IMO. Way better than RE3 with Nemesis chasing you are while making bullets. Code Veronica had pretty compelling story and antagonist.

There is way more RE crap out there than this game.

Okay I'll clarify then, out of the main games I consider it the worst. Of course I don't find it as bad as Survivor or Umbrella Corps, but I thought that went without saying. The story gets good right at the end but before then it moved at a snails pace. It's padded out with obtuse puzzles, loads of backtracking, absolutely nothing happens in large portions of the game, and if you don't know it's coming the character switch can absolutely screw you over. 

One of the BEST RE games. Worst? CODE VERONICA? My God guys. Maybe RE4, 5 and 6 is a great RE? 

REbirth

RE2

Code:Veronica

Other for me is non RE at all great game maybe like 4 before the island and 7. But RE? lol imho of course

8 hours ago, dell9300 said:

You have Sony to thank for the platinum in this, they handle the trophies for PS2 classics. You can bet your bottom dollar that if this was a remaster handled by Capcom they'd have just given it the same trophies as the PS3 version, as evident with the RE4 release. 

I'm not so sure about that.

I'd like to have more information, because, well, trophy set for San Andreas is the same in the PS3 remaster and the PS2 classic for PS4... 3JDwXG5.png?1

58 minutes ago, Machias said:

I'm not so sure about that.

I'd like to have more information, because, well, trophy set for San Andreas is the same in the PS3 remaster and the PS2 classic for PS4... 3JDwXG5.png?1

They're created by the International Software Development Group at SIEA. They do all the legwork for these. It obviously excludes the trophy lists for San Andreas and Bully (mostly) as they used the pre-existing Xbox achievements there, and I notice RE CV's PS3 trophies are still present here too but they've expanded upon them. 

• Like 1

The list looks pretty much like the PS3 version except they added more filler and a plat. It's not necessarily a bad thing but I don't think it's enuff to make me come back, eventhough it's one of my fave RE games. It was my first time going for A ranks in the main/battle game on PS3 and honestly it was quite easy. Of course it helped that I played the hell outta CVX on PS2. This new list shouldn't cause any trouble for me if I were to pick it up, but for now I'll have to pass. I don't need more than two copies of the same game.