Resident Evil Code Veronica PS2 classic PS4 Trophy Discussion

Crap, I wish I read this thread earlier before buying the game from EU store... After spending about 2+ hours on Regular Claire without any success, I'm now downloading an US version... Burn in hell Thanks a lot Sony & Capcom ?

UPD: had to beat the game one more time, since, of course, the saves from that EU version were not compatible with the US version, but that loss of time was worth it - not only the game ran noticeably faster and smoother, but finally the Battle Mode became doable! I beat Regular Claire on the 1st try for 5:48, even with a couple of mistakes, while the best I could do on PAL version was 6:25 (and the goal is <6:10). So avoid the PAL version at any cost.

Edited by scFlinT-us
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/23/2017 at 5:47 AM, SkyMason said:

This still an issue? Really want to pick this up (EU account here) but don't want to be bothered with the arse ache if the timer is still working against us.

I've seen patches for other PS2 on PS4 games but I'm not entirely sure what they fix. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they can patch this to bring it in line with the NA version, and if not that's fucking unacceptable. You're charging people for an inferior experience that can be easily avoided and actively impacts the game. I know that this is how they usually do it (The EU Twisted Metal Black port is heavily censored as it was originally) but if this is the result they really need to change it, and the only way to do that is badger them as I don't see a release like this warranting a "vote with your money" strategy. They've ported games that never came out in PAL territories to the PS4 recently using the NTSC template, so there is no fucking excuse. I already have the PS3 version so I'll probably just play that, lack of Platinum trophy be damned. 

Does someone wanna give an update as to whether or not it's been fixed? 

On 6/25/2017 at 4:15 AM, scFlinT-us said:

Crap, I wish I read this thread earlier before buying the game from EU store... After spending about 2+ hours on Regular Claire without any success, I'm now downloading an US version... Burn in hell Thanks a lot Sony & Capcom ?

UPD: had to beat the game one more time, since, of course, the saves from that EU version were not compatible with the US version, but that loss of time was worth it - not only the game ran noticeably faster and smoother, but finally the Battle Mode became doable! I beat Regular Claire on the 1st try for 5:48, even with a couple of mistakes, while the best I could do on PAL version was 6:25 (and the goal is <6:10). So avoid the PAL version at any cost.

I honestly think that's grounds for a refund. You weren't aware of the discrepancy and they've taken your money for an inferior product. Did you ever get it refunded or try to? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I honestly think that's grounds for a refund. You weren't aware of the discrepancy and they've taken your money for an inferior product. Did you ever get it refunded or try to?

I have not tried to get it refunded, but I really doubt that "hey, I cannot platinum this game!" would be a sufficient ground in this particular case (and in all other cases too, I think - as long as you can beat a game). If I'm not mistaken even in this thread it was mentioned that it is possible to beat the Battle Mode in EU version, but it's a real nightmare (and lottery). I have just decided to save my time and nerves and switched to NA version for extra money. 

Anyway, from now on if I decide to try some other "PS2 classics" on PS4 - I will never buy an EU version.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:46 AM, scFlinT-us said:

I have not tried to get it refunded, but I really doubt that "hey, I cannot platinum this game!" would be a sufficient ground in this particular case (and in all other cases too, I think - as long as you can beat a game). If I'm not mistaken even in this thread it was mentioned that it is possible to beat the Battle Mode in EU version, but it's a real nightmare (and lottery). I have just decided to save my time and nerves and switched to NA version for extra money. 

Anyway, from now on if I decide to try some other "PS2 classics" on PS4 - I will never buy an EU version.

It's not about whether or not you can Platinum it, it's an objectively inferior copy of the game that you had no idea about beforehand. I'd wager given Sony's refund policies that's not enough as they are very draconian anyway. 

• 1 month later...

After reading all the replies on this particular topic, and considering the game is on sale right now on the UK PSN store, would it be worth buying it does anyone think? I've heard that the platinum can be obtained, but that it is much harder than other versions due to the inferior quality. Just love Resident Evil so much (2nd fave game series) and wouldn't mind going after the plat! Would anyone completely rule out bothering to buy this version?

what? it's a ps2 on ps4?..... I know we should respect the elders and all that, and tbh I hope for more ps2 games on ps4.

but the thing with Code Veronica X is that the game is already running on HD and they removed the fog that covering the backgrounds and improve the draw distance on the ps3 remastered, they could have took that version and improve upon it by added a 1080p res for ps4 and 4K option to ps4 pro and the whole game would have run at 60FPS.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13.7.2017 at 3:19 PM, dawid182 said:

Anyone who's got EU version earn a platinum?

I would love to know too. Only got 2/5 trophys from battlegame mode. Seems pretty imbossible to get all of them. I have maded even more flawless runs than those guide video guys and still losing for their times miles.

Edited by DESERTfox___