Anyone still trying to get to Heavenward?

I've beaten the main campaign and am trying to get to Heavenward. Looking to make friends (I'm on Midgarsomr) who I can do the story together with. Everyone I've come into contact with are all just high level end game Raiders. Am I just too far behind!? You'd think I would find people doing story quests naturally but it's just me in the vast openness of this game most of the time unless my sister is playing. It gets really lonely. I usually only play in the summer and return periods too so I'm guaranteed to be kicked out of FCs for inactivity whenever I return. 

20 hours ago, MakoSOLIDER said:

I've beaten the main campaign and am trying to get to Heavenward. Looking to make friends (I'm on Midgarsomr) who I can do the story together with. Everyone I've come into contact with are all just high level end game Raiders. Am I just too far behind!? You'd think I would find people doing story quests naturally but it's just me in the vast openness of this game most of the time unless my sister is playing. It gets really lonely. I usually only play in the summer and return periods too so I'm guaranteed to be kicked out of FCs for inactivity whenever I return. 

People take breaks, the majority in our FC are never on besides like 5 of us. Don't worry about that, if it does happen, you joined a shitty attitude FC, but at least you got what you needed. 

Secondly I've used duty finder for everything. Lvl 52 smn, I've soloed everything so far. It doesn't take long either. Though I haven't hit Heavensward content yet. I'm on leviathan. 

Except I'm having an issue with 1 thing! 

4 hours ago, DEMON said:

There is plenty of people who are trying to get to Heavensward yet. You really don't need to be in a FC. Duty Finder will get you through most of that content.

The 8 man guildheist! I have yet to get that filled. The only guildheist that requires 8 people! And it's only lvl 40, my ocd is going nuts. Even party finder failed me(and I had 2 of our FCs with me). It may not have been the best time for party finder though, I'm not giving up. 

So in short DF will get you through 99%. 

The rest you gotta get creative and I !highly! recommend getting in an FC for those few when you need to. Plus the perks are really nice. 

Edited by Dav9834

12 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

People take breaks, the majority in our FC are never on besides like 5 of us. Don't worry about that, if it does happen, you joined a shitty attitude FC, but at least you got what you needed. 

Secondly I've used duty finder for everything. Lvl 52 smn, I've soloed everything so far. It doesn't take long either. Though I haven't hit Heavensward content yet. I'm on leviathan. 

Except I'm having an issue with 1 thing! 

The 8 man guildheist! I have yet to get that filled. The only guildheist that requires 8 people! And it's only lvl 40, my ocd is going nuts. Even party finder failed me(and I had 2 of our FCs with me). It may not have been the best time for party finder though, I'm not giving up. 

So in short DF will get you through 99%. 

The rest you gotta get creative and I !highly! recommend getting in an FC for those few when you need to. Plus the perks are really nice. 

All I can say is level up a tank/healer for that one. It does not really matter though if you can't get it done.

Or go in Undersized and do it solo once you reach 60.

Edited by DEMON

• 1 month later...

I'm at the point where I have to do the hard mode Primals, but my anti-socialness is keeping me from joining a group. Back when I did the first round of Primals I completely sucked at Garuda, because I was playing on a PS3 at the time and stuff didn't load fast enough. On my PS4 it's no problem.

I play a Bard on the Coeurl server.

Still plenty of freshies on leviathan. All they do is run Potd though. ? I run it a lot myself too but only to get my other jobs to 70. 

On 2017-06-19 at 8:14 PM, G1_Burgertime said:

I'm at the point where I have to do the hard mode Primals, but my anti-socialness is keeping me from joining a group. Back when I did the first round of Primals I completely sucked at Garuda, because I was playing on a PS3 at the time and stuff didn't load fast enough. On my PS4 it's no problem.

I play a Bard on the Coeurl server.

Don't be afraid to join a FC, mate! If they're not nice and friendly, you can always move on to a different one. I was lucky to find a really good one right away. We have a Discord chat room too. Whenever I need help with something, someone in the FC is usually available and willing to help! And of course, I try to help others in my FC whenever I can too.