Head in the Cloud trophy

Whenever I try to connect to the Ubisoft servers it for the pivots it says they aren't available, but when I go to the multiplayer it works fine. Any idea why? The servers can't be down, people have earned this trophy today. I hope this isn't a glitch because i'm already pretty far into 100% and it would be shitty if this stopped me from getting the plat. 

I had issues with the pivots too. At first it was completely broken saying "You have undefined pivots, your pivot is placed in undefined". I think that fixed when I finished the epilogue missions (not 100% sure though). Then the other issue I has was that when I tried to plant a pivot, it would just show an exclamation mark and nothing else would happen. I tried a whole bunch of things but eventually fixed it by first reducing my PSN friends to 50 or less and then forcing the game to connect to Uplay - by either going into the leaderboards (under Animus Training Centre), or going into the Pivots section of the map while signed out of PSN and then pressing triangle to sign in.

I'm not sure if you're having the same problem but I would suggest trying this anyway. It seems Uplay completely breaks when your friends list is above 50. I noticed that after I got it down to 50, the game started tracking and notifying me about game statistics and I was also able to unlock the Uplay rewards. Hope this helps.

The pivots were broken for me too, had to reduce my friends list to 42 in order to get it to work. I've heard that having less than 43 friends makes it work though I don't know how precise that is.

Edited by nenugalimas

You could still check with a new account by trying to compare your stats in the leaderboards. It depends how much of an inconvenience it is to reduce your list.

It worked for me as soon as I deleted my 51st friend (bringing it down to 50). Unless you're having a different issue... Where does it say about not being able to connect and what does it say?

7 hours ago, Skalesandfang101 said:

I got it to work and hunted down my first pivot, it's a terrible collectible system, do you know how many I have to collect for the trophy? 

Do you want to say what got it working in case someone else has the same problem later?

You start with the first 3 and you have to find the rest of them. I think it's 9 more. As you collect more pivots it gets easier because you can place them all and it will draw the 3 lines which give you the smallest area. The last few are ridiculously easy, even if you just put them all down randomly.

FWIW, I thought it was the best collectible system I've ever come across in a game. You don't just follow a waypoint on your compass or look up a map online. You actually have to go hunt them down. And then the fact that you are hunting down the pivots that other players placed while they were looking for their own pivots just adds to the coolness of it and adds a reason to be creative with your own placements. Super well thought out collectibles IMO. I though it would have also made for a pretty unique 1v1 real time game mode too, where you hunt for the pivots your opponent places before he finds your own or something.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 6:06 PM, Skalesandfang101 said:

Well, I've encountered a pivot that is inside a building in Boston with no entrance..... things are looking grim

For anyone else that this problem wait a couple weeks and try again if you're lucky it should eventually relocate the troubled piviot.

• 7 months later...

Hello, I have an issue with this Trophy.. or better, he wont work how it have to do.
I read that if you have "0 Pivots to find, 0 Pivots to set" its because you had the glitch of friends etc ... but I have 3 to find and 0 to set (because they are all setted) but I can't remove them. I push X to do it and then a ! in loop come without doing nothing. I reset PS3, PSN and game.. nothing happen etc

Is this the glitch? Because I can't really delete friends till I have 49 or less because I have 143 Friends lol

16 minutes ago, Naruke2007 said:

I reset PS3, PSN and game.. nothing happen etc

Is this the glitch? Because I can't really delete friends till I have 49 or less because I have 143 Friends lol

I had to delete 40+ friends because a trophy in FIFA 16 PS3 had glitched the same way this trophy glitches because the game only can cope with 50 friends because it was released when the limit was 50.

I just re-added all the friends I had deleted the same day and explaining in the Friend Request that I had to delete friends to unglitch a trophy, and 30+ accepted to still be friends.

If you want the trophy, you must delete friends until there are 50 or less.

Then do the trophy, and add them back again.

1 hour ago, charlijaen said:

I had to delete 40+ friends because a trophy in FIFA 16 PS3 had glitched the same way this trophy glitches because the game only can cope with 50 friends because it was released when the limit was 50.

I just re-added all the friends I had deleted the same day and explaining in the Friend Request that I had to delete friends to unglitch a trophy, and 30+ accepted to still be friends.

If you want the trophy, you must delete friends until there are 50 or less.

Then do the trophy, and add them back again.

Ok, I confirm it... this is the Glitch. I had to delete 100 friends and now I done it without problem = Platinum Done. 
What a shit anyway ahah
Thanks