What is this?

Fimnmass

It's a classic game originally from the Sega Saturn , the graphics are more par with PS1 thna PS2 actually since it was a competitor console of the PS1 time . It's the best-selling game of Sega Saturn also and used to be a blast to play in that time for me . It aged pretty bad tho and the jumps are like they are on the Moon , it's hilarious to peform and see ?

I only recommend to buy this for nostalgia reasons like i did and/or to get an easy 100% . I bought on sale for like 3 euros so it's worth and still play from time to time . It also has online matches unlike the original and suprisingly a steady online community you can encounter still .

It's a classic game originally from the Sega Saturn , the graphics are more par with PS1 thna PS2 actually since it was a competitor console of the PS1 time . It's the best-selling game of Sega Saturn also and used to be a blast to play in that time for me . It aged pretty bad tho and the jumps are like they are on the Moon , it's hilarious to peform and see ?

I only recommend to buy this for nostalgia reasons like i did and/or to get an easy 100% . I bought on sale for like 3 euros so it's worth and still play from time to time . It also has online matches unlike the original and suprisingly a steady online community you can encounter still .

There's also a few more neat Saturn originals on PSN as such Daytona USA , Nights Into Dreams and Fighting Vipers .

I wanted that Sega released more Sega Saturn games on PSN like Virtua Cop , Princes Crown and Panzer Dragoon . Also some more Dreamcast classics as Shenmue I & II , Power Stone Collection (with trophies) , Soul Calibur I , etc...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

It's a classic game originally from the Sega Saturn , the graphics are more par with PS1 thna PS2 actually since it was a competitor console of the PS1 time . It's the best-selling game of Sega Saturn also and used to be a blast to play in that time for me . It aged pretty bad tho and the jumps are like they are on the Moon , it's hilarious to peform and see 1f601.png

It's a classic game originally from the Sega Saturn , the graphics are more par with PS1 thna PS2 actually since it was a competitor console of the PS1 time . It's the best-selling game of Sega Saturn also and used to be a blast to play in that time for me . It aged pretty bad tho and the jumps are like they are on the Moon , it's hilarious to peform and see 1f601.png

There's also a few more neat Saturn originals on PSN as such Daytona USA , Nights Into Dreams and Fighting Vipers .

I wanted that Sega released more Sega Saturn games on PSN like Virtua Cop , Princes Crown and Panzer Dragoon . Also some more Dreamcast classics as Shenmue I & II , Power Stone Collection (with trophies) , Soul Calibur I , etc...

Although we'll probably never see panzer dragoon saga since the source code burned up in an office fire.

At least it's not the 32x version of virtua fighter 1

3 hours ago, Fimnmass said:

Thank you for the information.  I saw this game and I thought it would have been like tekken at least. Am not disappointed just surprised 

More like Tekken took a bit of Virtua Fighter formula but the two franchises aren't do much alike imo .

• 8 months later...

I have no idea why people are saying this is an easy 100%, this game's extremely difficult. The AI are unstoppable monsters, even on easy. Combined with the terrible hitboxes and blocking never working, it's not very fun. Don't know if it's just because it *used* to be good and it hasn't aged well, or it's just been garbage from the start.

Edited by acookieman

• 8 months later...

The hitboxes are quite off. Lion's roundhouse kick has priority over everything.  So much that on half the AI opponents, you can spam it and win. 

Also it's good to keep in mind when it was in the arcade, it was meant to take your money.

There's a lot of cheapness (like Akira AI pulling off moves about as quickly as a pro). 

That all being said, it has not aged well. On PS Now you can play this or Virtua Fighter 5 and the latter is much better in terms of the tactics, hitboxes, and move priority. Perfectly balanced? No. But better as a game several iterations later should be.