Visual novels

El_Shubi

Hey guys, 

See alot of people getting visual novels now. I know that the trophies are easy and quick platinums but do people find novels that they enjoy and if so, which ones? 

Maybe looking at getting a couple to try this out and see if i enjoy it

Here are some I enjoyed. VN's are definitely an acquired taste and you'll love them or hate them.

Amensia Memories

Code Realize: Guardian of Rebirth

Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus

Root Letter

Steins Gate

Steins Gate 0

XBlaze Code Embryo (Iffy)

• Like 2

I've enjoyed just about all of them that I've played. If you're looking for an easy introduction into the genre, try the zero escape games or danganronpa games. They have game play elements shoved in to the stories so you're not just reading the whole time (which can be a turnoff to those new to VN's.) Or if you're looking for a high quality VN to start, try Steins;Gate. It takes a few chapters to get going because of a massive amount of exposition, but once it gets going it's a 30 hour thrill ride that you don't want to get off.

Edited by kuuhaku
Fixing autocorrects
  • Like 2

Currently playing Root Letter and really enjoying it! 

Danganronpa imo is the golden VN series, and of course steins gate is just stellar! 

And ya I don't agree with rushing them. Don't buy them then. That's like watching a movie on fast-forward. You get an idea but you'll never really understand what's going on. It's just a waste money and time. 

If you're new, Danganronpa! If you've played a VN before then Steins Gate. 

I found Danganronpa to be easier to get into faster. God great games. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Avoid Root Letter 

Why?? :( I'm enjoying it? 

Actually nvm don't tell me!! I don't want spoilers!

I'll take what you said as people will either like it or not that's all.

Edited by Dav9834

Just now, Dav9834 said:

Why?? :( I'm enjoying it? 

Actually nvm don't tell me!! I don't want spoilers!

I'll take what you said as a people will either like it or not that's all.

Don't worry I would never destroy others experience with a game. Even if I don't like it.

It just never clicked to me. Unlike Virtues Last Reward or Steins Gate. But I hope you keep having fun and end up liking it. 

• Like 1

I personally hate them and avoid them, I haven't enjoyed any of the ones I played, steins gate *awaits the sniper bullets for admitting he didn't like steins gate* xblaze which was terrible imo but maybe I will give root letter as it got really good feedback. Danganronpa is another I hated.

Edited by sephirothdude
  • Like 1

Thanks so much ti all the people posting here, will definitely give some a go and see if its for me. Looks like zero escape and danganropa and also steins gate are the most popular, will check when these or any of the games mentioned above go on sale in my region. Good to know there enjoyment going with it not just trophies

• Like 1

Steins Gate played and it was worth every minute, has a wonderful plot. and Enjoy this on sale on PSN American. 

Played other novels that I really enjoyed and took place in English. 
Norn 9 Var Communs
Steins Gate 0
Aminesia Memorie

Xblaze Code  Embryo

Xblaze Lost Memories
I will still play Danganronpa, speak very highly of him. To waiting if  Muv Luv can come to PS Vita in English sometime.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dreamcatcher4891 said:

I really enjoyed Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ and Amnesia: Memories personally.

I'm yet to play any of the Danganronpa or Steins;Gate games but I've heard nothing but good things about all of them.

I am about to going back to Code Realize on the VITA since it's standing on 1%. I heard it's a quik platinum. Amnesia i have downloaded back when it was free with plus but don't know much about the game either. Saw a couple of Stein;Gate games on disc witch i can pick up later at some point.

But those VITA Japanese games are so expensive that it is not really worth it for me, unless you can get them really cheap. Another thing is that they are hard to resell, because you getting less money back for them. So that's why i skip them mostly.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

I personally hate them and avoid them, I haven't enjoyed any of the ones I played, steins gate *awaits the sniper bullets for admitting he didn't like steins gate* xblaze which was terrible imo but maybe I will give root letter as it got really good feedback. Danganronpa is another I hated.

*readying sniper rifle*

5 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So that's why i skip them mostly.

At least you are skipping buying them and not actually skipping them.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I am about to going back to Code Realize on the VITA since it's standing on 1%. I heard it's a quik platinum. Amnesia i have downloaded back when it was free with plus but don't know much about the game either. Saw a couple of Stein;Gate games on disc witch i can pick up later at some point.

But those VITA Japanese games are so expensive that it is not really worth it for me, unless you can get them really cheap. Another thing is that they are hard to resell, because you getting less money back for them. So that's why i skip them mostly.

I'll save you the headache...don't play Amnesia it's completely inferior to Code Realize.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

But those VITA Japanese games are so expensive that it is not really worth it for me, unless you can get them really cheap.

Yeah they are pretty pricey. It doesn't matter if you look on Play Asia or on eBay, they're expensive everywhere. eBay does tend to be slightly cheaper if you can find the one you're looking for.

Code: Realize should definitely be your first port of call in terms of which one to play though. I really enjoyed it even though it's an Otome game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

DO
NOT
SKIP
VNs

It's a cardinal sin.

Anyway, this is not a matter of choice unfortunately... there aren't many localized VNs so... you can pretty much pick up anything.

But Zero Escape... is Zero Escape =D

Skip VN's and join the dark side ;)

Except if it's a Zero Escape games. Read that, it's amazing.

• Like 1