Visual novels

El_Shubi

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

inb4 Rob xD

@DamagingRob You see this? Another correct opinion :awesome:  

Just for this, I'm going to skip through a couple of visual novels for the Grand Trophy Olympics(and read them after). :P At least there are multiple people here that liked it; I told my imaginary friends I wasn't crazy! 

5 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Root Letter should also be in your radar for VN on Vita cause it looks pretty good from what i've heard . Have that one on my backlog. 

Speaking of Root Letter; when are you gonna start that, Siggy? I've been waaaiting! :awesome:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Just for this, I'm going to skip through a couple of visual novels for the Grand Trophy Olympics(and read them after). :P 

You want to prove your bad taste? :awesome:

36 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

Is Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness: worth getting? I loved the anime.

For someone who doesn't like VNs?

5 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

What is it with you and your smart ass attitude ? 

I'm not being smart ass or anything.

You personally said in this post that you hate VNs.

12 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

I personally hate them and avoid them, I haven't enjoyed any of the ones I played, steins gate *awaits the sniper bullets for admitting he didn't like steins gate* xblaze which was terrible imo but maybe I will give root letter as it got really good feedback. Danganronpa is another I hated.

Therefore, I pointed that opinions of others may not be of use to someone who states he hates VNs.

If you hate VNs as a whole, there's a very small chance you would like VN even of anime you liked.

• Like 1

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

I'm not being smart ass or anything.

You personally said in this post that you hate VNs.

Therefore, I pointed that opinions of others may not be of use to someone who states he hates VNs.

If you hate VNs as a whole, there's a very small chance you would like VN even of anime you liked.

And I also stated I loved the anime psycho pass therefore maybe if the story was any good maybe I would like it and play it.

2 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

maybe if the story was any good maybe I would like it and play it.

Which is subjective and no one can help you answer this.

We can say that the story is good, great, whatever, but you are someone who hated Steins;Gate and that is a top tier VN.

With these premises, there is only a measly chance you would enjoy it.

Either bite the bullet and go for this as your VN swan song to see if you can at least enjoy some of them (instead of Root Letter) or give up on the genre completely.

Because if someone who played S;G and even Dangan openly says 'I personally hate them and avoid them', it's hardly a genre for them.

I'm just being frank here. It has nothing to do with you or your preference in games (especially considering the amount of weeb games you have :awesome:), it's simply stating facts from what I gathered about your overall stance towards this topic

• Like 3

I personaly have plat 5 and am playing a 6th now, so I will comment on those..

By play order:

1 - Virtues Last Reward - really good! (my 1st VN too).

2 - Steins;Gate - aweasome (but the fact that I really like the themes as well as the actual anime may have a lot to do with that..).

3 - Amnesia - was something that I wanted to play for a while and when we got it from PS+, I tried it, end up skipping the text just to get the platinum, because I didn't liked the first half of the story that I read.. really bad IMO..

4 - XBlaze: Code Embryo - I actually found it more enjoyable then what others usually say, but that's probably because I also like Blazblue story and Xblaze is like a prologue series to Blazblue story. Me liking Blazblue story/characters is the main reason why I played most of the games in the series, even though I find them impossible for me to plat..

5 - Code Realize - I admit that I skip played it entirely to acheave 2 trophy milestones (was pressed by time, since my deadline was Persona 5 release date..). From the little bits that I read during it I regret not having read the whole thing, because I know that I would had liked it quite a bit based on it's themes (+ it's not as focused on the romantic aspect as Amnesia from what I noticed).

6 - Zero Time Dilemma - currently playing and trying to not get to carried away with it, since my next plat needs to be Persona 5 for the 150th milestone (ya, I should had waited until I plat Persona 5 before starting it, but needed to start something new on Vita for my long train trips..).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Speaking of Root Letter; when are you gonna start that, Siggy? I've been waaaiting! :awesome:

P4G is taking all my time now ,Undead ?

You should take your priorities first 

I have to start S;G 0 after P4G also .

51 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

What is it with you and your smart ass attitude ? 

You only realize that now ? 

It's Satoshi you're speaking off  . Of course he will behave like that ?

1 hour ago, sephirothdude said:

Is Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness: worth getting? I loved the anime.

I almost forgot about this one. If you like the anime you'll probably like the game more then if you didn't watch it. I really didn't :(

To me it was pretty forgettable. It had its moments but I found it to be dull overall. Don't get me started on that horrid mini game either 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Terra said:

I almost forgot about this one. If you like the anime you'll probably like the game more then if you didn't watch it. I really didn't :(

To me it was pretty forgettable. It had its moments but I found it to be dull overall. Don't get me started on that horrid mini game either 

Thanks for that.

When you play (or read) a visual novel, you need to understand is a lot of text and nothing gameplay (or little gameplay) Much animes are visual novel indeed like steins;gate, Air, Clannad, Chaos;Head... Of course are easy platinum becauses just need to read or skip the text, BUT, if you never read steins;gate for example and skip all maybe you get a platinum but loses a great story.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlchemistWer said:

When you play (or read) a visual novel, you need to understand is a lot of text and nothing gameplay (or little gameplay) Much animes are visual novel indeed like steins;gate, Air, Clannad, Chaos;Head... Of course are easy platinum becauses just need to read or skip the text, BUT, if you never read steins;gate for example and skip all maybe you get a platinum but loses a great story.

I never skip any scene in a VN . In fact i'm the exact opposite , i spent too much time on a single VN . For example , it took me more than 85h to plat Steins;Gate and spent 110h on Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS and more than 40h in the Vita version too , more than 150h in total only on VLR , crazy ik ?

May be more people would enjoy visual novel stories if they weren't only in japanese or korean or chinese language. There are a few in english language, yes. But e.g. not only ONE in my language (german) (except telltale games which are even some kind of novels).

That way I am simply NOT ABLE to enjoy them (except Telltale games) and only play them for trophies.

Edited by maxijodi

5 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

I never skip any scene in a VN . In fact i'm the exact opposite , i spent too much time on a single VN . For example , it took me more than 85h to plat Steins;Gate and spent 110h on Virtue's Last Reward on 3DS and more than 40h in the Vita version too , more than 150h in total only on VLR , crazy ik 1f601.png

Good :D ?

13 minutes ago, maxijodi said:

May be more people would enjoy visual novel stories if they weren't only in japanese or korean or chinese language. There are a few in english language, yes. But e.g. not only ONE in my language (german) (except telltale games which are even some kind of novels).

That way I am simply NOT ABLE to enjoy them (except Telltale games) and only play them for trophies.

You could always translate them...or just try to  tell what's going on in the story by looking at the images. I plan to do that with Robotics;Notes once I get around to it. My import came in a while back and I've been wanting to try it.

8 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'll save you the headache...don't play Amnesia it's completely inferior to Code Realize.

Yeah, it's pretty long from what i've heard. I really don't know yet if i'm going to start it up, and i don't have much space either on my VITA only 8 gb. So need to clean up some other ones before doing new ones. Code Realize is around 4 GB i believe and i really want to finish it.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

34 minutes ago, Terra said:

You could always translate them...or just try to  tell what's going on in the story by looking at the images. I plan to do that with Robotics;Notes once I get around to it. My import came in a while back and I've been wanting to try it.

How do you translate for psvita just Google? 

There's sooo much conversation though. 

I'm really hoping for a robotics;notes localization, I loved the anime so much 

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

Air, Clannad, Chaos;Head... 

There is one little problem.

They are not localized on PS... 

People are not going to play them in Japanese unfortunately.

1 hour ago, maxijodi said:

if they weren't only in japanese or korean or chinese language.

Just Japanese =D

18 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Mobile app -> photo mode =D

19 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

There's probably no chance now...

If they wanted to bring it, they would have used the S;G original momentum. 

With S;G0 being taken mildly, we may not even get the damn promised Chaos;Head...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

There is one little problem.

They are not localized on PS... 

People are not going to play them in Japanese unfortunately.

I know, but Air, Clannad or Kanon and more are avaliable on PC in english, of course if you want read more VN. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

There's sooo much conversation though. 

Like Satoshi said, mobile Google translate app and press the camera button. It automatically translates everything it sees.

• Like 1

Well, there's not that many VNs on Playstation consoles (or at least ones that are worth playing). And some of the good ones aren't translated in English yet. That being said, Danganronpa and Zero Escape is definitely worth checking out, especially if you're new to VNs. Since the two series have a good amount of gameplay mechanics to them, they might feel less "boring" to those who want a bit of gameplay. Once you're used to the VN format, you can try out Steins;Gate and its sequel. 

• Like 1