Visual novels

El_Shubi

Root Letter seemed like it was trying to emulate the investigation sequences in Phoenix Wright but had a very dry localization and investigating items for extra dialogue never was interesting enough for me to do so. The mystery was at least interesting for a while, but it's an average game at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pixiestarlight said:

aw, i thought root letter was nice. it's more involved then a lot of vns.

I enjoyed it! 

I'm getting all the endings now. 

I definitely recommend picking it up for people that haven't! 

Didn't see 'The Silver Case' mentioned, that's my personal favourite out of the English ones. Absolutely fantastic music & pretty interesting content. There are tons of Japanese VN's I'd play if I could read them. I think it's a real shame so much Otome gets translated over other things. I did like Hatoful Boyfriend though.

*Edit* just realised this was in the Vita section haha. Could still remote play TSC I suppose.

Edited by readytofuky

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 6:12 AM, ParisWriter said:

Danganronpa 1 + 2 I debated getting, but then I found out they use the rear touchpad and since I have a tic which involves tapping my fingers... Yeah, I could see that screwing me over, so I'm planning to get the PS4 version.

My brother picked me up a Vita TV for like $25 at Walmart (Canadian) and you can play certain Vita games on them using a PS3 controller. I have yet to try it with my PS4 controller. But I much prefer my actual Vita so this isn't particularly a problem for me. If you're able to find one of these guys around, I know for a solid fact that the Danganronpa series runs on it (at least the first two games, not sure about Ultra Despair Girls which plays like a tank anyways. The official third game is coming out later this year). I also know the Otomate games run on the Vita TV as well. It's a cheaper way of getting into VNs and it would also solve the rear-pad issue for you. 

There was a physical release of Danganronpa 1+2 (titled Danganronpa: Reloaded) released for the PS4 earlier this year. You may be able to find one in your local game store. I know the physical disc is $54.99 (Canadian), I'm not sure about a digital and I am much too lazy to check at five in the morning haha. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have loads of them on vita but I only really get time to play/read them at work

The Danganronpa's, Steins;Gate's and Zero Escape's are the go too visual novels

I did Code Realize Guardian of Rebirth which was alright, it's more of a love romance aimed at women but it was okay but I can't rate games like Root Letter, Psycho Pass, Var Commons etc because I haven't played them yet :P