Bloons TD5 Trophy List/Game Discussion

Praise the Sun God!

I wasn't aware of this game coming to PS4 at all so this is a very nice surprise.

Now it's been years since I played this on my laptop, probably since 2012, but it looks like it will be a bit grindy. Again, it's been a while so some of these might not be as grindy as I currently think. 

What I'm desperately hoping for is that the Co Op Medals are allowed in Split Screen or on one screen like Defense Grid 2 allowed. Otherwise that means you need to play with someone online. <_< 

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

1 minute ago, kuuhaku said:

When I saw the game as part of the ID@Xbox program I kinda thought it'd come to PS4 soon. I really like that it's got a platinum too. It'll probably end up being $15 like the xbox version.

And if anyone wanted to try it out before buying the ps4 version, the free-to-play flash version is available on ninjakiwi's website.

I didn't see in in the PS Store, but $15 seems good to me.

I haven't seen many tower defense games, maybe 3-4 others, but the only one I've seen without a plat is Savage Moon. 

I played so much Bloons back in high school that I'm surprised my student ID wasn't blocked from computer access and I was suspended lol.

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I didn't see in in the PS Store, but $15 seems good to me.

Yeah the price I put is based on the xbox version. It'll probably go live on the ps store on tuesday with the store update. It's been out on xbone since march and so far only 2 people have gotten the 1000G. $15 for a game that'll give a few hundred hours of fun on the way to plat and then additional hours of fun after seems fair enough to me too.

Just now, kuuhaku said:

Yeah the price I put is based on the xbox version. It'll probably go live on the ps store on tuesday with the store update. It's been out on xbone since march and so far only 2 people have gotten the 1000G. $15 for a game that'll give a few hundred hours of fun on the way to plat and then additional hours of fun after seems fair enough to me too.

I was wrong btw. I just remembered the 2 Royal Defense games that released not long ago. They didn't have plats either. So it's sort of a 50/50 plat scenario based on my current knowledge lol. And that's if you count Final Horizon and Aegis of Earth as TD games. :dunno: 

I get the funny feeling if PC stats could be brought over...the only thing I'd be missing for the plat are the co op medals lol. My brother is psyched about the game too so hopefully it performs well and there is local co op. 

If you'd have told my teenage self that the flash game I was playing will have a platinum AND that I'd also know what a platinum is & collect them, I'd have called bullshit

Edited by Thropy_Hore

I used to fucking love Bloons. I saw this on the Xbox store a while back and had a good laugh at the price they were asking, I think it was like 26 bucks or something here in Kangarooland. 

I spent 2 bucks a piece on the Minis version of Bloons and Bloons TD over five years ago. I can play them on my PSP, Vita, Vita TV, and PS3. I ain't paying over 20 bucks to play an updated version of the same game available for free elsewhere, but on my PS4.

Put it on sale for a dollar or two and I might be down for some nostalgia doe.

10 minutes ago, Lithium_Lemon said:

This is the type of game I would not see myself playing on a console. Too much sitting around and down time, especially if you go level 120+. Suits me much better as a game for tablet or mobile.

I thought about the bold. My laptop would generally start to lag around those levels, I wonder how the PS4 will handle it. :hmm: Would the console eventually just crash if the game carried on too long?

Holy crap. This game IS my childhood along with stick wars and some other flash games, granted I played the older versions of Bloons. Nothing like coming back from school and watch my rusty computer lag as I begin to see 273646379 balloons on the screen xD . I'll probably wait for a sale though and I hope that the game remains populated do them online trophies.

Is it wrong that after playing the flash version, I actually feel like buying this?

I like that there is only 2 difficulty trophies, so you can sweep the game on Easy and then proceed to upgrade during that to get ready for Unpoppable(or however you say it)

BTD5 is probably the best TD game to be created since the genre started back around ~2005. I play this on computer still from time to time. I am going to start working on a Trophy Guide so I can hopefully drop it as soon as the game comes out. Best part is, each challenge, level etc already has a video created so if you need the help, there is no wait time for the content/community to catch up and somebody to create it Also, so long as the PS4 version is not radically different, even the oldest videos will still be applicable.

The trophies look good. Definitely some that you have to grind but that is natural to the game. 50,000,000 bloons is a lot. However, the entire game that is all you do is pop balloons. You won't even notice this trophy as you will probably get it towards the end through with just natural game play and attempts at the other trophies. Even though they are grind trophies (all the trophies that say pop 'X' amount of bloon type) won't be anywhere near as bad as people think. Impoppable level is no joke and having a good strategy, understanding of how towers work and which ones should be utilize where and in what other combo of towers is important. Especially if you don't watch a video telling you exactly what to do and when.

Looks like the PS4 version takes after the tablet version as it includes the upgrades: Starting cash, attack speed, starting lives etc. Little disappointed in this personally because I feel the original computer version was better.

I am curious about two things:

1. Will the Daily Challenges be a part of the game?

2. Will the Specialty Buildings be available?

Definitely buying this game so long as it is under $30. I agree with kuuhaku on

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:25 AM, kuuhaku said:

a few hundred hours of fun on the way to plat and then additional hours of fun after seems fair enough to me too.

Maybe a free game on the web but I am console whore and PS fanboy. Love TD games and they are extremely hard to find on console and even harder to find good ones. I see some good DLC and trophies coming to this game as well. Great potential to be a long active game on PS4.

Co-Op split screen will be cool, be nice to sit and play this game with family at gatherings.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen
Correction
  • Like 1

Experienced my first crash in the game. :D 

Round 116 on the 2nd track. (which is funny considering it is a Track...)

As usual I had Fast Forward on.

17 Monkey Ace at 2/4

5 Monkey Village at 4/2

5 Monkey Sub at 2/3

25 Moab Maulers (Bomb Tower 2/3)

2 Heli Pilots 4/2

8 Sun Gods (Super Monkey 3/2)

1 Technological Terror (Super Monkey 2/4)

EDIT:

Oh and when going back into the game I was able to resume from Round 115

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

I love this game and it used to be my go to flash game during computer class back in grade school but holy shot if this idiot going to be a LONG Irritating grind. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to complete all of the random missions but alas here we are.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

EDIT:

Oh and when going back into the game I was able to resume from Round 115

That is awesome the game recognized the crash and allowed you to resume beforehand. Did it crash again in the same spot?

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:54 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

For popping 50,000,000 bloons does anyone know if it goes by RBE or if something like a ZOMG = 1 bloon instead of whatever its RBE is?

Every Bloon is 1 Bloon. So 1 red = 1 Bloon, 1 ZOMG = 1 Bloon.